• Zayne Parekh

Votes: 20 5.1%

• Total voters

themilosh

Sponsor
Apr 27, 2015
Oakville, ON
Yeah but you'd much rather draft a player who doesn't have one. :dunno:
We already know after Celebrini anything can happen and the scouts are all over the place.
How much better will Lindstrom have to be perceived to take a chance on him over one of the other players who is in that same tier?
Isn't demidov in rehab now for a knee? Idk about you, but weak knees sink ships, or so the saying goes.

G0bias

Oct 4, 2007
MTL
Hoping the severity of it isn't so bad that Columbus pivots to Demidov instead.

Damn what a roller-coaster this is leading up to the draft

Last edited:
Reactions: Rozz

Hannibal

Fear the Weber
Feb 11, 2007
:huh::huh::huh::huh:

Did you just merrily skip over the last 6-7 pages of this thread where Lindstrom's herniated disc was discussed?

Pronman said that even with that, all the reports he got from teams at the combine were positive about his injury. So his injury is porbably not as dark as people here make it seems. And Demidov has two damaged knees, so…

Reactions: Schooner Guy

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
I never said I was. But you can recover from a herniated disc and return to 100% . . . no matter what you do. That's the part some are overlooking.

You can definitely recover from it. My mother did, but then she didn't play hockey for a living. Just needed to be able to walk, sit & lay down without pain.

It took Gabriel Vilardi a long, long time to recover from his back issues as a junior. I'm not big on taking junior players with serious injuries as it almost always follows them to NHL, where they often become injury prone.

Players lose playing time, and a lot of training time from these major injuries.

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
Lots of talk about Lindstrom's back but nobody seems concerned about Demidov's knee that ended his season and that he traveled to Miami to have evaluated last week.
I'm not a super fan of that either personally. But knee injuries are common and most players come back fine, especially the young ones.

And people saying "docs are saying it's ok, no surgery needed" in the case of Lindstrom, that's also what the Buffalo management and doctors were arguing to Eichel he wanted to be operated.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

SwiftyHab

Sponsor
Apr 18, 2004
Platinum Member
Pronman said that even with that, all the reports he got from teams at the combine were positive about his injury. So his injury is porbably not as dark as people here make it seems. And Demidov has two damaged knees, so…
There’s a lot of misdirection with teams preferences to draft picks right now. They all might be saying they’re great with the medical reports but who knows what they’re hearing from their doctors and what they actually will reveal. Take everything now with a huge grain of salt

MonkeyBusiness

Mar 3, 2013
Why the sudden interest in Lindstrom’s back injury? Has things changed or taken a turn for the worse? From the little research I’ve done, he tested fine at the combine and teams should have done their due diligence on him.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Why the sudden interest in Lindstrom’s back injury? Has things changed or taken a turn for the worse? From the little research I’ve done, he tested fine at the combine and teams should have done their due diligence on him.

Just cause Pronman said what it was, and even though he also said it wasn't an issue with doctors and his testing he did do stressed the back and he performed well. So naturally people here are latching on to the sensationalist worst case scenario rather than the good news.

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
Just cause Pronman said what it was, and even though he also said it wasn't an issue with doctors and his testing he did do stressed the back and he performed well. So naturally people here are latching on to the sensationalist worst case scenario rather than the good news.

What tests did he do?

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
This is high stakes. The 5th overall pick. Make sure we get this right

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
You also have to remember that his agent was very proactive in providing the teams with all the medical stuff they wanted. His camp definitely isn't acting like they have to cover up something career threatening in order to get him drafted.
What tests did he do?
He did all the upper body stuff. Actually did pretty well in most of them too, FWIW. Grip strength, pullups, bench press, etc.

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006
Pronman is the first one who said his back problem is in fact a herniated disk. Before all we heard is he had a "back injury". The back was always the big concern, nobody cared about the healing of the hand, really.
I just raised it because you actually said he missed half the season due to the back injury which is completely false. He came back as soon as his hand had healed after December surgery.

Lindstrom went through some Combine drills and has been working out 5 times a week. We'll find out soon whether team physicians who examine the severity give respective teams the green light to pick him early.

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006
Isn't demidov in rehab now for a knee? Idk about you, but weak knees sink ships, or so the saying goes.
Demidov also missed 6 weeks after injuring the other knee early in the season. He was in Florida to have the more recently injured knee looked at last week. Not a lot of talk about Demidov's injuries.

It will be very interesting to hear all about Demidov at the Milstein combine next week.

Reactions: themilosh

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011

Here's a literature review about return to play outcomes in athletes with lumbar disk herniation across various sports, for anyone who's interested.

Reactions: bcv

Doublechin

Jun 23, 2013
I've known enough people struggle with chronic herniated discs and sometimes multiple surgeries didn't help. I'd have a hard time going Lindstrom at this point at 5, if I was picking between 10-15 I'd start considering.

This is a massive wild card and something that is as unpredictable as it gets, I wouldn't bother listening to his agents doctor at this point telling selling me the idea of how stable it has become now.

Hard pass before before 10-11

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006
This is a massive wild card and something that is as unpredictable as it gets, I wouldn't bother listening to his agents doctor at this point telling selling me the idea of how stable it has become now.
The Lindstrom camp provided all the results, imaging etc for team medical staffs to look at. They were also up front about it and revealed that he had a herniated disk. Teams near the top of the draft with interest in LIndstrom will be meeting with him again prior to the draft and can have their team medical staff check him out.

It's fair for fans here to not want Lindstrom because of concerns of his injury but I don't get all the cynicism about the integrity of medical folks involved.

Doublechin

Jun 23, 2013
The Lindstrom camp provided all the results, imaging etc for team medical staffs to look at. They were also up front about it and revealed that he had a herniated disk. Teams near the top of the draft with interest in LIndstrom will be meeting with him again prior to the draft and can have their team medical staff check him out.

It's fair for fans here to not want Lindstrom because of concerns of his injury but I don't get all the cynicism about the integrity of medical folks involved.
It's one injury that might remain chronic and one that rarely does not get worse, betting on results now can be a trap

Reactions: Boss Man Hughes

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York
I'm not a super fan of that either personally. But knee injuries are common and most players come back fine, especially the young ones.

And people saying "docs are saying it's ok, no surgery needed" in the case of Lindstrom, that's also what the Buffalo management and doctors were arguing to Eichel he wanted to be operated.

Not all injuries are alike, important to differentiate them by prognostic. Back, groins, hips, concussions are worse than Shoulders, Knees and ankles most times. But it's a case by case thing. Carey is TKO by a knee for example.

Reactions: Schooner Guy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad