HF Habs: 2024 NHL Draft Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who do you want at #5?

• Tij Iginla

Votes: 209 49.5%
  • Cole Eiserman

Votes: 14 3.3%
  • Berkly Catton

Votes: 92 21.8%
  • Konsta Helenius

Votes: 13 3.1%
  • Beckett Sennecke

Votes: 75 17.8%
  • Zayne Parekh

Votes: 19 4.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sorinth

Jan 18, 2013
Yes Ryan Whitney. I hate the guy too but he still has connections and played in the KHL himself. Again, what reason does he have to make this up?

And the Washington scout, why would he make it up? He had a shot to draft him, they picked one spot after the Flyers. Seems to me like they would have taken Leonard regardless.

There’s literally a video of Gorton saying “he’s the most talented at our spot, give me a reason not to take him.” Lo and behold, the Habs didn’t take him.

You keep denying everything but where there’s smoke, there’s fire.
And Therrien once said Subban needed to be a better person. They don't have to "make it up" for it to simply be wrong.

Reactions: ReHabs

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
fwiw McCagg said the names he's heard linked to Anaheim so far are Sennecke and Yakemchuk.

Yakemchuk makes sense. Sennecke doesn't. They want right shots preferably, especially at forward. If they liked Sennecke they'd obviously prefer Lindstrom imo

And Therrien once said Subban needed to be a better person. They don't have to "make it up" for it to simply be wrong.

There's enough smoke from enough different entities to reasonably assume he isn't a high character individual currently.

Do you ever ask why SKA is so willing to have Michkov play for anyone but them?

Reactions: Schooner Guy

TheBuriedHab

Jan 27, 2010
Yakemchuk makes sense. Sennecke doesn't. They want right shots preferably, especially at forward. If they liked Sennecke they'd obviously prefer Lindstrom imo
Well Sennecke shoots right and Lindstrom shoots left so.

I also wouldn't be shocked if teams have Sennecke over Lindstrom, which is a question I asked about a month ago. I like Sennecke's upside more than Lindstrom.

Reactions: SannywithoutCompy

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Honestly we have gotten to the part of the discourse where everyone has dug in on their guys and won't change their opinion.

Most of the recent posts have been the guy I like has no risk and is guaranteed to be this and the guy I don't like has big risk and isn't the guarantee people who like him think he is.
Well, the guy I like isn’t going to be picked. Is a risk. And isn’t liked around here.

But I still think his ceiling is awesome and I’d still take him.

As I’ve said previously though, I have faith in our scouts and I’ll be happy no matter what - as long as it’s a forward.

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Well Sennecke shoots right and Lindstrom shoots left so.

I also wouldn't be shocked if teams have Sennecke over Lindstrom, which is a question I asked about a month ago. I like Sennecke's upside more than Lindstrom.

f*** my brain, yeah Lindstrom shoots left which is why they might not take him despite being their type. Sennecke at 3 would be hype shit

Gustave

Feb 15, 2007
Here
fwiw McCagg said the names he's heard linked to Anaheim so far are Sennecke and Yakemchuk.
Yakemchuk is popular with those who like him; they fawn over him. Physicality goes miles with scouts.

This draft is a total mystery. Feels like an NFL draft when someone can fall 10 spots if not taken in the top 5 because of needs.

The Last Red

Jan 2, 2022
It’s actually worth nothing, IMO. The problem with social media is that it allows morons like him to have careers, when he’d be of more societal use as an airport baggage handler or something like that.

SannywithoutCompy

Dec 22, 2020
Yakemchuk is popular with those who like him; they fawn over him. Physicality goes miles with scouts.

This draft is a total mystery. Feels like an NFL draft when someone can fall 10 spots if not taken in the top 5 because of needs.
Yakemchuk is pretty talented but his defense is really bad, and he takes a lot of dumb stick penalties. If you can iron that out it's all good, but I wouldn't even think of taking him top 10, let alone top 3.

Reactions: Gustave

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
I loved the idea of Lindstrom and Slafkovsky pissing on the leafs, but that's a no for me dawg.

It's Demidov or give me death by a dull blade instead.

Reactions: Michelangelo

BoneHutson

Mar 26, 2023

There's enough smoke from enough different entities to reasonably assume he isn't a high character individual currently.

Do you ever ask why SKA is so willing to have Michkov play for anyone but them?
Lindstrom is LH

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014

MTL Dirty Birdy

Aug 29, 2021
Don't forget that Timmins got a premium centerman in Fantilli last
They made the playoffs like 15 straight years. They added him and turned to garbage.
Haven’t the pens not made the playoffs two years in a row… being the season before acquiring karlsson ?

If the kid has problems at 18 with a herniated disc and plays a physical sport, it is not good. These are often lingering issues for people, even more for people with a very physical job.

DND for me if that is true.
Agreed. There’s enough talent to pick from without the current risk. Catton , Iginla or Sennecke will work

Reactions: Ozmodiar

VirginiaMtlExpat

Second most interesting man in the world.
Aug 20, 2003
Norfolk, VA
www.odu.edu
If the kid has problems at 18 with a herniated disc and plays a physical sport, it is not good. These are often lingering issues for people, even more for people with a very physical job.

DND for me if that is true.
As some have said, it depends where and the severity. Eichel's success with artificial disk replacement (ADR) surgery points to a possible optimistic scenario, but if the disc is in the lumbar area, therefore bearing more weight than towards the top, maybe ADR is still challenging in that area. He represents a massive roll of the dice, in the absence of more info.

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014
As some have said, it depends where and the severity. Eichel's success with artificial disk replacement (ADR) surgery points to a possible optimistic scenario, but if the disc is in the lumbar area, therefore bearing more weight than towards the top, maybe ADR is still challenging in that area. He represents a massive roll of the dice, in the absence of more info.
You don't draft a kid with a possible chronic back condition at #5 OA.

End of discussion for me. He's not a can't miss Bedard kind of talent that makes you want to gamble anyway.

Don't want Vilardi 2.0 .

We move on.

Reactions: HabzSauce

VirginiaMtlExpat

Second most interesting man in the world.
Aug 20, 2003
Norfolk, VA
www.odu.edu

End of discussion for me. He's not a can't miss Bedard kind of talent that makes you want to gamble anyway.

Don't want Vilardi 2.0 .

We move on.
I agree with that statement, if it's me picking. #5 should emphasize talent and a high degree of certainty of reaching a player's potential. But if Lindstrom falls because of this info, the more a GM knows, the better he can exploit the situation, while possibly trading up.

The Last Red

Jan 2, 2022

Don't want Vilardi 2.0 .

We move on.

It can only become chronic if it's not treated. Worse case scenario is he has back surgery, as I did, and he comes back in a few months feeling brand new (also as I did). It's not the "catastrophic condition" that some here are making it out to be.

Reactions: ginomini

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014
It can only become chronic if it's not treated. Worse case scenario is he has back surgery, as I did, and he comes back in a few months feeling brand new (also as I did). It's not the "catastrophic condition" that some here are making it out to be.
Are you a professional hockey player that weight 215 lbs and that is whole game is based on being a physical power forward?

This is a major, major red flag.

Reactions: JeffreyLFC

The Last Red

Jan 2, 2022
Are you a professional hockey player that weight 215 lbs and that is whole game is based on being a physical power forward?

This is a major, major red flag.
I never said I was. But you can recover from a herniated disc and return to 100% . . . no matter what you do. That's the part some are overlooking.

Reactions: Benstheman

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014
I never said I was. But you can recover from a herniated disc and return to 100% . . . no matter what you do. That's the part some are overlooking.
I am an ER physician and let me tell you that an lumbar herniated disc, with or without surgery, can cause problems to even do basic life stuff like walking and lying down.

A hockey player that is already sidelined at 18 and that misses almost half a season because of it is a very, very bad sign.

Possible career ending kind of problem for a hockey player. I'd not gamble it at #5, especially in a loaded draft with a lot of nice options.

The Last Red

Jan 2, 2022
I am an ER physician and let me tell you that an lumbar herniated disc, with or without surgery, can cause problems to even do basic life stuff like walking and lying down.

A hockey player that is already sidelined at 18 and that misses almost half a season because of it is a very, very bad sign.

Possible career ending kind of problem for a hockey player. I'd not gamble it at #5, especially in a loaded draft with a lot of nice options.
So you’re not a neurosurgeon. Noted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad