Votes: 75 17.8%
  • Zayne Parekh

Votes: 19 4.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Habs7631

Feb 28, 2017
f*** this site, I keep writing epic posts and the site reloads randomly and it gets lost.

Anyways, Buium is overrated

Tell us more.

I’m actually serious, I’d like to hear some pushback to the Buium hype train. Seems he’s the new flavor of the week. Especially a lot of the mocks that are coming out have him ridiculously high.

River Meadow

Mar 29, 2016
I love how some people are like... Oh ya, XYZ player is gonna be a 50pt player, top 2, blablabla.

Bruh.

These kids aren't even drafted yet, some are not even 18 years old.

There's probably some kid(s) out there who no one really has on their radars who will become great NHLers.

All this to say.... no one really has any idea how anyone will really pan out for sure, certainly not enough to be firm on their point production in the NHL. It's all projections and it's fine to make the projections, but it also doesn't mean you're 100% correct.

Jack Skellington

Sep 29, 2017
I feel like there’s zero chance they’d pass on Demidov, I’d be shocked
I remember hearing rumors even last year when we passed on Michkov that the Habs are way higher on Demidov and that sentiment seems to have been echoed throughout this season as well. If they pass on him I will assume it's for a good reason because we should have the most intel out of any team.

Habs7631

Feb 28, 2017
I love how some people are like... Oh ya, XYZ player is gonna be a 50pt player, top 2, blablabla.

Bruh.

These kids aren't even drafted yet, some are not even 18 years old.

There's probably some kid(s) out there who no one really has on their radars who will become great NHLers.

All this to say.... no one really has any idea how anyone will really pan out for sure, certainly not enough to be firm on their point production in the NHL. It's all projections and it's fine to make the projections, but it also doesn't mean you're 100% correct.

Actually you’re wrong. I know it all, let me break it down to you (and send this to HuGo).

Will be worth their draft position :
  1. Celebrini
  2. Demidov
  3. Dickinson
  4. Buium
  5. Iginla
  6. Parekh
  7. Silayev
  8. Eiserman
  9. Catton
  10. Nygard
Will become bust :
  1. Levshunov
  2. Lindstrom
  3. Sennecke
  4. Helenius
  5. Yakemchuk
  6. Whoever the Habs draft at #26 if they don’t freaking trade the pick.
You heard it here first.

River Meadow

Mar 29, 2016
Actually you’re wrong. I know it all, let me break it down to you (and send this to HuGo).

Will be worth their draft position :
  1. Celebrini
  2. Demidov
  3. Dickinson
  4. Buium
  5. Iginla
  6. Parekh
  7. Silayev
  8. Eiserman
  9. Catton
  10. Nygard
Will become bust :
  1. Levshunov
  2. Lindstrom
  3. Sennecke
  4. Helenius
  5. Yakemchuk
  6. Whoever the Habs draft at #26 if they don’t freaking trade the pick.
You heard it here first.

Thanks dad.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
f*** this site, I keep writing epic posts and the site reloads randomly and it gets lost.

Refresh the page and it comes back (tap the site forums.hfboards.com)….then hit return or go on the right of the keyboard and that should bring it back.

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
Tell us more.

I’m actually serious, I’d like to hear some pushback to the Buium hype train. Seems he’s the new flavor of the week. Especially a lot of the mocks that are coming out have him ridiculously high.
I don’t have the energy lol but the abridged was posted. His production is overrated, Hutson is closer to that Makar/Hughes/Fox type. Buium is cerebral not a dynamic threat

Reactions: themilosh

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
I can see it… The Montreal Canadiens are proud to select…Beckett Sennecke.

And just like that we let pass Michkov and Demidov for Reinbacher and Sennecke
Not exactly the end of the world but we’ll see.

How are you so certain that Michkov will be more effective and productive then Reinbacher?

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
I don’t have the energy lol but the abridged was posted. His production is overrated, Hutson is closer to that Makar/Hughes/Fox type. Buium is cerebral not a dynamic threat
His production is overrated? Lol he just posted the best season by a draft eligible D of all time in the NCAA. He more than doubled Makar’s D+1 production, and bested Quinn Hughes’ D+1 production by 17 points. You can have your opinion on the player, but that is just a dumb statement; there’s no way around it.

Reactions: NotProkofievian

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016

Let me guess, you’re in the “forward at all costs camp” and on the Sennecke bandwagon? Therefore, all the D have to be “overrated”. Too many people here still listen to McCagg 😂

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
His production is overrated? Lol he just posted the best season by a draft eligible D of all time in the NCAA. He more than doubled Makar’s D+1 production, and bested Quinn Hughes’ D+1 production by 17 points. You can have your opinion on the player, but that is just a dumb statement; there’s no way around it.

If a player is on a good team, you can adjust their point totals downwards, all the way to 0. Only point totals on the worst team count. But in that case is the guy an individual player? Why's he getting so many points on a garbage team? The only conclusion can be that we shouldn't draft players who get points.

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
If a player is on a good team, you can adjust their point totals downwards, all the way to 0. Only point totals on the worst team count. But in that case is the guy an individual player? Why's he getting so many points on a garbage team? The only conclusion can be that we shouldn't draft players who get points.
Why even bother going to all that trouble thinking about things at all when we have the unimpeachable expertise of Grant McCagg to tell us who to draft? After all, he was a part-time unpaid scout for the team for a few months 16 years ago. Just don’t try to look up any of his old lists or rankings. He deletes them for…reasons 😂

McGees

Jun 15, 2016
Buium has an 'IT' factor.
I don't even care about the points.
When you watch him play he makes magic happen.
I always ruled him out cause F picking more LD but I won't be mad at all if we pick him....
They just better have a trade or 2 lined up tho.

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
Why even bother going to all that trouble thinking about things at all when we have the unimpeachable expertise of Grant McCagg to tell us who to draft? After all, he was a part-time unpaid scout for the team for a few months 16 years ago. Just don’t try to look up any of his old lists or rankings. He deletes them for…reasons 😂
McCagg seems to live rent free in your head. Why are you even talking about him.

Why aren’t you explaining why you like Buium and why you don’t agree with the poster in question about him being overrated?

Reactions: Chr1s97 and BXN

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
Tell us more.

He should have been flirting with a top 5 selection all year but all of the warts on Parekh and Levshunov are getting amplified now. Buium doesn't have a weakness other than perhaps being a little undersized and there is little for anyone to negatively focus on.

I have Dickinson, Silayev and Buium as the top three defenders.

I want Dickinson just to refer to his opponents as being on the receiving end of a Dick-down when he drops them with a hit or with a clapper lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad