Votes: 75 17.8%
  • Zayne Parekh

Votes: 19 4.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ReHabs

Jan 18, 2022
I loved Seider back in 2019, and badly wanted him with our pick. I kept arguing with posters that thought we were set with Juulsen, Brook and Fleury as RD, so no need for Seider. Good times!

Not that I have not been wrong in the past on other favorites of mine. I remember being ecstatic for A. Kostitsyn, and I thought J. Ikonen was the steal of the decade.
You have to take the best possible prospect no matter what. Turns out the prospect pool is always shallower than appears and cream rises to the top.

Naslund

Jun 18, 2006
USA
You have to take the best possible prospect no matter what. Turns out the prospect pool is always shallower than appears and cream rises to the top.
Agreed, in most circumstances but not all. For example, I'm in the camp that Biuim and Dickinson, although great prospects and potentially better, should not be taken ahead of guys like Iginla, Lindstrom and Sennecke because:
1) I believe our young LD pool (Guhle, Hutson, Xhekaj, Struble) is good enough for a championship team
2) our forward pool is weak and anyone we draft right now will fit in age-wise with the new core
3) it's difficult to get all your money back trading later for positional need (see Philly this year with C. Gauthier).

Last edited:
Reactions: Nevins and Garnet76

Naslund

Jun 18, 2006
USA
Yeah, I get it. He's a total puck hound on top of everything else. Hes probably not far from the pros either. I wouldn't be mad if they went that way. I like your top 5.
You can pencil Iginla on the starting lineup of any team that picks him in the season 2025-2026. Dream player beside a guy like Dach...

Reactions: Andrei79

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
1000004832.jpg

Buium is locked in

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
On the concerns that Demidov might get buried by his Russian club…

Perhaps I am naive but can’t these things be handled through back channels? If Demidov doesn’t want to sign with SKA, could they not be persuaded to release him? As this is reportedly happening with Michkov and the Flyers?

Surely a well resourced team like the Habs can work something out.

The rules are the player can buy out his contract but he has to do so a year in advance, so in the case of Demidov, nothing can be done since he has only 1 year left, as I just don't see why they would let him out of his final year.

Michkov is not in the same situation, HIs contract in the KHL runs until the end of the '26 season so he can buy out his contract. Of course his agent can work something out with the Flyers to say cover that amount in his NHL signing bonus depending on what his KHL salary is.

Trabdy2

Nov 30, 2018
I'm hoping for one of Demidov, Lindstrom, Catton or Sennecke at 5.

I have a growing feeling that the Habs are going to be using the WPG pick in a package for a young established forward (Necas/Zegras etc). If not, there are lots of players that I'd like in that range.

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
I'm hoping for one of Demidov, Lindstrom, Catton or Sennecke at 5.

I have a growing feeling that the Habs are going to be using the WPG pick in a package for a young established forward (Necas/Zegras etc). If not, there are lots of players that I'd like in that range.
DEMIDOV
LINDSTROM
SEENECKE
For me

Reactions: G0bias

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
The only D's I would happy at 5 with Habs it's Dickinson, Parekh or Buium.

But please select Demidov or Lindstrom if they are there... Just please.

It's ok Dickinson, Parekh or Buium ahead of Iginla, I will understand. But not Lindstrom or Demidov

River Meadow

Mar 29, 2016
Buium is nothing like Makar as he is no where near the skater that Mskar is. He is one of my favoutire dmen in this draft but he will never be on Makar's level as he just doesn't have the same explosiveness and dynamism

I'm not saying he's a carbon copy of Makar stylistically, but I expect Buium to put up points a la Makar in the NHL.

A very smart, offensive Dman who can do it all and play in all situations.

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
Buium is nothing like Makar as he is no where near the skater that Mskar is. He is one of my favoutire dmen in this draft but he will never be on Makar's level as he just doesn't have the same explosiveness and dynamism

Buium isn't Makar, but he have the potential to become the best D in this draft. IMO. He is going to be a really really special player.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
I'm not saying he's a carbon copy of Makar stylistically, but I expect Buium to put up points a la Makar in the NHL.

A very smart, offensive Dman who can do it all and play in all situations.

I like how quickly he processes the game in all three zones. He's very deceptive as well as he can both make skilled plays and simple plays. I don't think he's quite at Parekhs level, in the sense that Parekh seems to be one of these gifted 130+ IQ people, but Buium understands systems, small area games and 1 on 1 battles. Very smart player. I really like this years D-crop.

• Love
Reactions: River Meadow

SannywithoutCompy

Dec 22, 2020
People expecting a Makar-like offensive impact with Buium will be disappointed but he's a beast defensively and basically a one man automatic breakout.

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
Sorry if it’s been posted, but according to Arpon Basu on the latest Athletic mock draft, the Habs really like Andrew Basha. Arpon still isn’t convinced we’ll be making that pick, but if we do and Basha is still there, he said the Habs see an NHL projectable game there. They met with him 5 times over the course of the season.

Demidov and Basha? I’d be ecstatic. Greentree even moreso, but I can’t see him falling to 26.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad