• Beckett Sennecke

Votes: 62 15.9%
  • Zayne Parekh

Votes: 20 5.1%

• Total voters

Gustave

Feb 15, 2007
Here
Grant is a Xenophobic, knuckle dragging dino-ape.....did you hear the anti Russian rant that he later went on. It was Don Cherry reincarnate which is not surprising as they are both troglodytes who are still living in a world that no longer exists.
I did hear it unfortunately…

I’m not against a takedown when it’s within the parameters of evaluation involving hockey traits… but when you start it with « birth certificate issues » and finish it off with « those countries »… wow.

I’m sure he had good points in between those two comments above but he devalued his scouting skills and his magazine overall with those, it feels like he can be tainted with that way of thinking.

Reactions: Estimated_Prophet

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019
I also see Dach when i watch him. He has a better shot than Kirby, though lol and more creativity in his game.

So I guess the 2019 draft really sucked when the 3rd OA at draft time was not as good as the 10-15 OA in 2024. Seems Grant has made a great job hyping Sennecke.

Gustave

Feb 15, 2007
Here
If you don’t know who’s better and don’t want to risk it with injuries, then just go Iggy and secure a top 6.
Wouldn’t be a bad decision anyway, except the fact that Catton is a high end skills guy that needs to eat more. I have no idea why Catton is not highly sought after but scouts will be scouts. Just look at Benson last season…

crosbyshow

Aug 25, 2017
My list of forwards in order if Demidov is already drafted vs what I think the habs will do:

Me:

Catton
Senneke
Iginla
Lindstrom
Heselius

Habs:
Iginla
Senneke
Lindstrom
Heselius
Catton

Iq and vison are my first qualities for me over size....reason why I have Catton first.

I think he is last on the habs list but I still have a little hope that he might be high on their list as well

Reactions: VirginiaMtlExpat

Saxon

Mar 9, 2015
My list of forwards in order if Demidov is already drafted vs what I think the habs will do:

Me:

Catton
Senneke
Iginla
Lindstrom
Heselius

Habs:
Iginla
Senneke
Lindstrom
Heselius
Catton

Iq and vison are my first qualities for me over size....reason why I have Catton first.

I think he is last on the habs list but I still have a little hope that he might be high on their list as well
I’ve done my fair share of butchering names here….. but damn……:P

Reactions: WinterLion

bleuetbio

Registered luser
Nov 13, 2008
Montreal
San Jose is going defense at 14. They haven't drafted a single defense prospect in round 1 in like 5+ years and their system is limited on defense.

They'd have picked Eklund, Will Smith, Bystedt, Celebrini, Musty, Haltunnen, Lund, Wiesblatt, Bordeleau in the top 35 of drafts since Merkley in 2018.

If HF team mocks draft can reflect something, Sharks would likely miss the 6 dmen and then go on a forward which is Eiserman over Sennecke. If this scenario happen, are you willing to do that:

Mailloux + 26ov vs 14th pick + 33ov

Im not a Sennecke lover at 5, but 14th is something else.

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006
NFL teams trade down because they're still drafting a player who will play right away. Not so in the NHL.
I'd say it also has a lot to do with NFL teams having far more positions to fill and all with different scopes. Some of the most important positions in football rarely ever touch the ball and therefore require zero balls skills. In hockey, Centers, LW, RW and D all handle the puck, shoot, pass and skate which makes BPA more pronounced.

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
If HF team mocks draft can reflect something, Sharks would likely miss the 6 dmen and then go on a forward which is Eiserman over Sennecke. If this scenario happen, are you willing to do that:

I think San Jose can just pick Jiricek at 14th and he'd be a better prospect than Mailloux. They'll decline.

HF Detroit should pick Sennecke.

SakuKoivu11

Jun 29, 2017
I think San Jose can just pick Jiricek at 14th and he'd be a better prospect than Mailloux. They'll decline.

HF Detroit should pick Sennecke.
I’m not sure. Mailloux isn’t a one dimensional defenseman. He isn’t soft. He hits and put up points. Skating is average.

Jiricek is good i think. Moves puck better than Mailloux.

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
I’m not sure. Mailloux isn’t a one dimensional defenseman. He isn’t soft. He hits and put up points. Skating is average.

Jiricek is good i think. Moves puck better than Mailloux.
I wouldn't want to trade Mailloux and a 1st for two question marks anyhow. Seems we could get a more established forward without any extended development to do for this package no?

Reactions: Schooner Guy

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006

I don't see any way Sennecke is available at #14.

I'd caution against throwing Mailloux in for a mid-1st. Mailloux's development has been terrific after not playing much hockey in his draft year and D+1 year. He had a great first AHL season and even got in the All Star game as a true rookie.

For all the people who were enamored by Hutson's two games to finish the season, I was more impressed with Mailloux's all around play in the Habs final game of the season. He made smart decisions, crisp passes, used his size, closed gaps smoothly and took away lanes. I thought he looked flawless that game. Not to mention RD is still a need in our organization.

Trading 1st round D long before they completed their development has bitten us in the ass too many times to make that mistake again.

TomKosto

Oct 17, 2017
Montréal

You really think Sennecke is going to be there at 14th..?

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
San Jose is going defense at 14. They haven't drafted a single defense prospect in round 1 in like 5+ years and their system is limited on defense.

They'd have picked Eklund, Will Smith, Bystedt, Celebrini, Musty, Haltunnen, Lund, Wiesblatt, Bordeleau in the top 35 of drafts since Merkley in 2018.
Depends who is available. There is a lot of chatter that all the top d-men will be gone before #14. If not, I'd prefer one of those top 6/7 D. Wiesblatt is trending to be a bust. Bords isn't special - think Barron equivalent. Halt/Lund are longshots.

Eklund, Celebrini, Musty, and Eiserman could be an awesome foundation for top 6.

I'm hoping we either trade up actually.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I'm getting increasingly uncomfortable watching that podcast. Grant keeps coming across as a repulsive asshole, like having a couple thousand views a week is all it took to inflate his ego.

No wonder he can't get a real scouting job.
You mean, he was coming across differently when he was posting here? :laugh:

Anardil

Nov 25, 2012
West of Chalet BBQ
I know it's just 1 game, but Dickinson is a carbon copy of Guhle, but with better spacial awareness.

Great skater.
Above average defensive iq.
Average offensive iq.

I have to admit that I have not watched enough of him to give a more definitive opinion, but this is just a quick personal mostly uninformed opinion.

I like the player over all, but not at #5.

Reactions: Redux91

HURRICANES ROCK

Nov 17, 2007

That is a homer dreaming scenario if I understand your post. Mailloux is only worth about a 33rd pick so basically it is 26th OA pick for 14th OA pick?!?

This scenario, Mailloux + 26ov vs 14th pick, is probably not realistic either but I think it is more realistic than your scenario.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
I think Cole Eiserman is the amateur fan darling, I don't think NHL teams are that excited by him. I would not be surprised if he has an epic fall something like late 1st/early 2nd. On the opposite I feel Trevor Connelly is very underrated and he might go higher like than projected (like top 15) in various mock (and yes I am well aware about all the talk surrounding him)

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006
That is a homer dreaming scenario if I understand your post. Mailloux is only worth about a 33rd pick so basically it is 26th OA pick for 14th OA pick?!?

This scenario, Mailloux + 26ov vs 14th pick, is probably not realistic either but I think it is more realistic than your scenario.
That's a bunch of major horsehockey. Many 33 overall picks don't have NHL careers. Mailloux is a sure thing to have a lengthy NHL career with his tools and development progress.

He was a late 1st rounder only because of the controversy surrounding him at the time. He missed much of his draft year and D+1 seasons and his trajectory since then has been nothing but a straight upward slope. Did you watch his one game with the Habs against a Red Wings team that needed to win that game? The kid looked like a 10 year veteran both with and without the puck.

Harry Kakalovich

Sep 26, 2002
Montreal
It's exactly what he said. Around the 25 minute mark:

He said exactly that they will take the BPA, and that if the BPA is a LD then MAYBE they will think about trading back.

Which is not the same thing as saying we will not take a left shot D. Obviously.

So they will take BPA, including possibly a LD, depending on the situation and with other possibilities also in play.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
This is seriously one of those weird drafts where I don't mind who they pick. All the D, Demidov, Iginla, Catton, Lindstrom, even Sennecke. Go nuts.

Only one I don't want is Helenius. (So of course they'll draft Helenius lol)
I am a fan of Helenius although I think his recent play hasn't been good enough to be an option at 5. Only guy I really don't want at 5 is Eiserman. If he falls outside the top 10 then I'm fine with trading up for him.

Reactions: NotProkofievian

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad