HF Habs: 2024 NHL Draft Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who do you want at #5?

• Tij Iginla

Votes: 209 49.5%
  • Cole Eiserman

Votes: 14 3.3%
  • Berkly Catton

Votes: 92 21.8%
  • Konsta Helenius

Votes: 13 3.1%
  • Beckett Sennecke

Votes: 75 17.8%
  • Zayne Parekh

Votes: 19 4.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
I wonder what caused Waddell to resign to join Columbus. Better Salary? He looked at the work to do this off season with the Canes and wanted out of there ASAP?

And while people are saying he draft almost exclusively forwards, a quick check shows that the Hurricanes drafted mostly forwards pre-Waddell as well.

Columbus draft a lot more Ds and that was before they got Timmins (who just love Ds).
CBJ owner is supposed to be the best in the business, completely trusts & supports his employees and is totally hands off.

Waddell wasn’t involved in hockey Ops in Car once Dundon came in - Tulsky had all GM responsibility without the title as mandated by Dundon - per Gord Miller

Reactions: morhilane

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Don't check now, but it pretty much translated into their respective statline as well.
At some point you'd think this fanbase would have had enough of the longshots and would stop being wowed by the shiny new toy who scores a couple of highlight reel goals.

I guess not.

View attachment 875660

I know stats are not the be all end all. But these are not the stats of someone who had the success OR progression to warrant being picked #5 overall.

So you have to look at the guy actually playing the game. And then you notice his engagement is erratic, that he plays a very raw game, and that you're pretty much banking all of it on him "not having grown properly into his body yet".

I'm sorry, this just a recipe for disaster.
Here are his stats to end the season.

42 points in his final 31 regular season games. Another 22 points in 16 playoff games. So 64 points in his last 47 games. That’s 1.4 PPG. A 95 point pace over a full OHL season. A large enough sample size to show us that he’s become that good of a player. Shane Wright draft year numbers. Is that not good enough in your estimation?

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
On the Grant/Levshunov thing… Grant starting his whole takedown by questionning his age (saying he might even be 20, his words not mine) is quite the statement, as he acknowledges at the same time that it’s his own speculation. What the hell is that?
What an absolute 🤡. How anyone still listens to this guy is beyond me.

Reactions: Gustave

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
On the Grant/Levshunov thing… Grant starting his whole takedown by questionning his age (saying he might even be 20, his words not mine) is quite the statement, as he acknowledges at the same time that it’s his own speculation. What the hell is that?
Classic Grant smear campaign to keep himself talked about. Waiting for the 30 minute video of Levshunov making “mistakes”

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Picking Helenius would create a solid meltdown imo.. But theres not much talk about him at 5
I'd say if Sennecke is still ranked outside of the top 10 on McKenzie's final ranking and the Habs take him @ 5 there will also likely be a lot of unhappy Hab fans.

Reasoning being that to me it seems like many casual Hab fans and fans of other teams too seem to use that final McKenzie ranking as their main reference on who they want the Habs, or their team to draft, based on where these players rank in that final list from McKenzie, without actually knowing much else about these prospects, except for their final draft ranking.

All some of these fans see (and I'm guilty of it at times too due to not really following these prospects regularly) is that well he was ranked 12th on Bob's final list and the Habs drafted him @ 5 so they reached and passed over better players because Bob's final ranking said they were better and that's how they deem if it was a good pick or not. Right ornot remains to be seen with such things.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
If Dickinson was a righty he'd probably be my choice, but hopefully it's Demidov/Lindstrom assuming Lindstrom's injury is determines it won't be an issue.

Demidov
Lindstrom
Sennecke/Catton
Levshunov
Helenius
Dickinson
Iginla

Should be a really good prospect and good chance the Habs could get another hood prospect later with the Jets pick

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
I'd say if Sennecke is still ranked outside of the top 10 on McKenzie's final ranking and the Habs take him @ 5 there will also likely be a lot of unhappy Hab fans.

Reasoning being that to me it seems like many casual Hab fans and fans of other teams too seem to use that final McKenzie ranking as their main reference on who they want the Habs, or their team to draft, based on where these players rank in that final list from McKenzie, without actually knowing much else about these prospects, except for their final draft ranking.

All some of these fans see (and I'm guilty of it at times too due to not really following these prospects regularly) is that well he was ranked 12th on Bob's final list and the Habs drafted him @ 5 so they reached and passed over better players because Bob's final ranking said they were better and that's how they deem if it was a good pick or not. Right ornot remains to be seen with such things.
I don’t think Habs take him at 5, he’s probably ranked there by them but they probably have no D in their Top 5 unlike most teams - just need one D to go before us

Celebrini
Demidov
Lindstrom
Iginla
Sennecke

Reactions: jaffy27 and sheed36

The Last Red

Jan 2, 2022
I don’t think Habs take him at 5, he’s probably ranked there by them but they probably have no D in their Top 5 unlike most teams - just need one D to go before us

Celebrini
Demidov
Lindstrom
Iginla
Sennecke
If you believe the posters here who claim to be inside Don Waddell’s brain (and Davidson’s and Verbeek’s), our choice will be between Sennecke and Levshunov/Parekh.

Last edited:

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014
He's a tool.

Reactions: Gustave

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003

Grant is a Xenophobic, knuckle dragging dino-ape.....did you hear the anti Russian rant that he later went on. It was Don Cherry reincarnate which is not surprising as they are both troglodytes who are still living in a world that no longer exists.

GlassesJacketShirt

Aug 4, 2010
Sherbrooke
Grant is a Xenophobic, knuckle dragging dino-ape.....did you hear the anti Russian rant that he later went on. It was Don Cherry reincarnate which is not surprising as they are both troglodytes who are still living in a world that no longer exists.

I'm getting increasingly uncomfortable watching that podcast. Grant keeps coming across as a repulsive asshole, like having a couple thousand views a week is all it took to inflate his ego.

No wonder he can't get a real scouting job.

Doublechin

Jun 23, 2013
Columbus are apparently high on Dickinson.
Colombus are a massive question mark, we were hearing Dickinson rumors maint based on the Mark Hunter rumors but Waddell finally came in

And then there's Pronman recently saying they seem to love Iginla

Who knows what they do, matter fact who knows what anyone does, the Ducks were linked some weeks ago to Helenius, if they end up grabbing him at 3, all bets are on

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
And? Hughes already said he’s not taking a left D.
Anything Hughes says this far out from the draft is likely a smoke screen, and should be taken with a grain of salt, but fans like you want a forward at all costs, so you take it at face value. No GM is going to publicly divulge their actual positions or strategies ahead of time, not with how dynamic and fluid things can get leading up to the draft and on the draft floor.

Reactions: Deam78 and dcyhabs

Habs7631

Feb 28, 2017
Live look at HFHabs realizing Dickinson will be playing himself into the top 4 by the time the Memorial cup is over.

1716684924391.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad