Votes: 10 3.3%
  • Beckett Sennecke

Votes: 53 17.5%
  • Zayne Parekh

Votes: 17 5.6%

• Total voters

CaptnNemo

Nov 4, 2016
I don't understand how some people say Lindstrom's skating isn't great. His technique is a bit odd (stands too upright) but to me it sounds a lot like what people were saying about Leo Carlsson last summer, the concerns are unfounded. If he's available at 5 I hope Hughes runs to the stage to pick him.
Kind of like Slaf since he started skating with his head up straight. Gimme an other one like Slaf any day loll

Reactions: SwiftyHab

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
Here is a shift by shift I made early in the season, before he starts climbing in the rankings.

I've read two (well 3) knocks against this kid. The first is that he lacks IQ. After watching that video I don't know how anyone can say that with a straight face. He oozes IQ. The second is that he is succeeding because of his size. From the few views I saw of him (and your video confirms it) it's actually one of his flaws. He doesn't use his size - bodying checking and outmuscling the opponents. He has to learn to use his monster size to his advantage. Right now he does use his reach to protect the puck but there's so much more he can do with that size that HE DOESN'T DO RIGHT NOW.

The third knock is his health. And that's the one that concerns me, especially his back problem. However, if the medical records say he's good to good he would be my pick even with Demi-god on the table. This kid has everything to be a superstar in the NHL - especially the NHL playoffs.

Last edited:

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
correct, he broke Tarasenko's record for most points in the KHL by a U-18 skater by 1 pt. He also crushed the record for most games played in the KHL by a U-18 skater, as only 6 others in the KHL's history played more then 21 games in the KHL before Silayev this year. So in the last 18 years only 6 U-18 skaters have appeared in more then 21 KHL games. Tarasenko, Kuznetsov, Kaprizov, Yurov, Mukhamadullin and Kitsyn

But keep in mind that his teammate Artamonov had more then double the points but because he's a mid Nov b-day he's considered his age 18 season.

Only 5 U-19 skaters in the KHL's history have had more points in a season then Artamonov, who put up more points then Michkov in his age 18 season though in much less games. He's also the 2nd youngest to do out of the 6, Tarasenko didn't turn 18 for another month later then Artamonov.

I like to ear it. Artanamov is my choice with Winnipeg’s pick.

Last edited:

SwiftyHab

Sponsor
Apr 18, 2004
Platinum Member
Here’s what I know.
1-For the last two drafts, I’ve wanted a player that this management team didn’t choose. but watching at least Slaf, i have faith that these guys (unlike Bergy) have a great process in place to evaluate the talent and character they can develop.
2-if the guy they want will be picked before, based on what they did last year to try and move up, I’m certain they’ll do everything they can without hurting the team to try and get him
3- A lot of insiders are suggesting that the teams before us are really considering taking D, which makes me think we have a chance at grabbing one of the best forwards in this draft.
4-Both Gorton and Hughes have publicly prioritized getting a top talent to play up front.

Because of these points, I’m going into this draft with a ton of hope that this management team will bring us back a really exciting forward one way or another.

So with that, I’m going to sit back and make jokes about everyone who is worried that the sky is falling if we don’t get their guy.

Let the games begin!

Lockin17

Jul 31, 2018
Kindda funny to see Eiserman being ignore in here.
This guy will be a beast if he's match with the right player (Playmaker with power forward)

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
This guy will be a beast if he's match with the right player (Playmaker with power forward)
That's the issue, the league has 32 teams. Matching a player like Eiserman won't be easy. Whereas matching someone like Iginla or Helenius, or Lindstrom, or Demidov is likely a lot easier.

Lockin17

Jul 31, 2018
That's the issue, the league has 32 teams. Matching a player like Eiserman won't be easy. Whereas matching someone like Iginla or Helenius, or Lindstrom, or Demidov is likely a lot easier.
Good point, and having Eiserman and CC in the same team makes it even harder.

Reactions: vokiel

CaptnNemo

Nov 4, 2016

I'd try to trade and get around his rank put him with Suz and Slaf that would be one of the most menacing lines in the league in a few years imo.

Put Cole with Dach and Lindstrom (with our 5th pick)

So many possibilities with all the players available at our spot.

Cri** de mal de tête! Loll

Wouldn't want to be in Hughes shoes to be honest no matter how exciting it feels from the fans point of view.

Reactions: Lockin17

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Good point, and having Eiserman and CC in the same team makes it even harder.
Eiserman’s issues stem from concerns around coachability. He seems to be pretty arrogant and defiant in the face of criticism. And that wouldn’t be such a big deal except there are holes in his game.

To me, he has the highest ceiling. His goal totals are insane. But if you draft him and he doesn’t listen to what needs to be done? It’s a problem. I can see why he’s sliding.

Still would love to have him. Still think he’d work out here. But I’m perfectly fine with us going in a different direction. We can get sizzle from Demidov, Size and oughness from Lidstrom… lots of different options here.

Eiserman seems to be sliding. I like the idea of trading the Jets pick this year and Flames next year for Sharks second 1st round pick. I’d even throw in our first next year if it guaranteed we got Eiserman.

We have an abundance of prospects now. I’d rather we get higher quality. If we could somehow walk out of this draft with Lidstrom and Eiserman… I think we’re set.

CaptnNemo

Nov 4, 2016
Eiserman’s issues stem from concerns around coachability. He seems to be pretty arrogant and defiant in the face of criticism. And that wouldn’t be such a big deal except there are holes in his game.

To me, he has the highest ceiling. His goal totals are insane. But if you draft him and he doesn’t listen to what needs to be done? It’s a problem. I can see why he’s sliding.

Still would love to have him. Still think he’d work out here. But I’m perfectly fine with us going in a different direction. We can get sizzle from Demidov, Size and oughness from Lidstrom… lots of different options here.

Eiserman seems to be sliding. I like the idea of trading the Jets pick this year and Flames next year for Sharks second 1st round pick. I’d even throw in our first next year if it guaranteed we got Eiserman.

We have an abundance of prospects now. I’d rather we get higher quality. If we could somehow walk out of this draft with Lidstrom and Eiserman… I think we’re set.
I agree and I'd be happy to end up with both but imo I think that we're still a few years away maybe 2-3 for having the luxury to offer our first pick.

I think that we have more then enough to target realistically that combo without throwing in our first pick for now.

Lockin17

Jul 31, 2018

indeed i would go all in this draft and sacrifice the 2025 draft and get 2 high end forwards.
For me would be
Demidov and Eiserman or Sennecke

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
I've read two (well 3) knocks against this kid. The first is that he lacks IQ. After watching that video I don't know how anyone can say that with a straight face. He oozes IQ. The second is that he is succeeding because of his size. From the few views I saw of him (and your video confirms it) it's actually one of his flaws. He doesn't use his size - bodying checking and outmuscling the opponents. He has to learn to use his monster size to his advantage. Right now he does use his reach to protect the puck but there's so much more he can do with that size that HE DOESN'T DO RIGHT NOW.

The third knock is his health. And that's the one that concerns me, especially his back problem. However, if the medical records say he's good to good he would be my pick even with Demi-god on the table. This kid has everything to be a superstar in the NHL - especially the NHL playoffs.
Definitely doesn't lack IQ. It's lacking in those that say he doesn't have any :)

He absolutely uses his size. Even though this particular video doesn't show much of it, he has no issues being physical and initiates more than the average player.

With respect to his health, there seems to be no issues. His agent and the player himself have downplayed this issue. Broken hand is fixed and his back issue required no surgery, just rehab at the time. He's back in the gym working out 100%.

Jaynki

Feb 3, 2014

When a player is above 6ft1 and 200lbs, he is overrated bc of his size and dominate only bc of his strenght against his peers.

When a player is below 5ft10 and 190 lbs, he is too small and wont be able to recreate what he does in the junior stage.

The perfect size for a draft year player is truly 6ft, 190lbs. Therefore we can only focus on his skillset.

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
No doubt in my mind, if Demidov is a Habs pick, I will forget Michkov anyday of my life.

Michkov looks like the better goalscorer, but Demidov is actually more complete player, better playmaker, better defensive game, looks even more intense than Michkov.

3 years of tanking with Slaf, Reinbacher and Demidov?!

That's really really good!

But yeah, Lindstrom or Iginla, that's really really good aswell.

The future is bright!

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
3 years of tanking with Slaf, Reinbacher and Demidov?!

That's really really good!

And that won't be all.

Next year's Habs pick will be in the 11-20 range probably, so will Calgary's, and Hughes may be in a position to sell some of Savard, Matheson, Dvorak, and Armia.

This Habs team will be very talented in the late 2020s.

Reactions: Troyp and Runner77

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I believe at the time Lindstrom went down he was leading the team in points as well as being number 1 centre, Lindstrom that is. Gavin just kept improving throughout the season and finished very strong.

Were they playing on the same line? Gavin did have 18 pts in 16 games last year so I would assume he came into this season a much better player from the start.

But yeah, playing with that kid who is going to get a lot of focus does free up space for Lindstrom. So did they play on the same line? Not trying to take anything away from Lindstrom but that part is important.

Reactions: DAChampion

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad