HF Habs: 2024 NHL Draft Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who do you want at #5?

• Tij Iginla

Votes: 209 49.5%
  • Cole Eiserman

Votes: 14 3.3%
  • Berkly Catton

Votes: 92 21.8%
  • Konsta Helenius

Votes: 13 3.1%
  • Beckett Sennecke

Votes: 75 17.8%
  • Zayne Parekh

Votes: 19 4.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBuriedHab

Jan 27, 2010
can anyone give me a run down of his list so far? I'm not able to watch atm
1. Celebrini
2. Silayev
3. Levshunov
4. Eiserman
5. Lindstrom
6. Demidov
7. Dickinson
8. Helenius
9. Parekh
10. Catton
11. Connelly

The tweet linked is wrong

Reactions: Rozz

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Note that Demidov had the 3rd most 2nd places out of all the other players.

If the drafted played out perfectly like Bobs list and we were still picking 6th, Id probably lean Buium or Catton.

Reactions: badfish

TheBuriedHab

Jan 27, 2010
Of course, lol. Hes a phenom and always will be.
Bob's mid season rankings are a bit more tame with dropping players. The final rankings is where you see the most movement. I expect him to keep dropping with the way scouts are talking about him.

PavelBrendl

Jul 9, 2013
Realistically I see us finishing 5th from the bottom. Lottery aside and given Bob's list, we'll have a shot at a true difference maker there, regardless of whether we go with a F or D. We could come away with a better player than we did in both 2022 and 2023.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Bob's mid season rankings are a bit more tame with dropping players. The final rankings is where you see the most movement. I expect him to keep dropping with the way scouts are talking about him.
Bobs rankings are usually heavily slanted towards the WJC in january, if he didnt drop while not being there, dont expect him to drop much more. I expect Demidov to rise with no injuries, thats about it.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Realistically I see us finishing 5th from the bottom. Lottery aside and given Bob's list, we'll have a shot at a true difference maker there, regardless of whether we go with a F or D. We could come away with a better player than we did in both 2022 and 2023.
The sens, sabres and Wild need to pass us. For that, we need to move Monahan to neuter the 2nd line. They wont score every game, but they might give us a chance when Suzuki isnt scoring, which might result in 2-4 wins more.

It also moves Buff and Ottawa away from a game breaker, which is also good for the Habs in the long run. If then Sens add Dickinson, theyre a lot.less scary than if they add Levshunov.

Crazy to think that Reinbacher would probably fall to 8-9 on Bob's list
He should be rater around Levshunov and Dickinson IMO.

TheBuriedHab

Jan 27, 2010
Bobs rankings are usually heavily slanted towards the WJC in january, if he didnt drop while not being there, dont expect him to drop much more. I expect Demidov to rise with no injuries, thats about it.
What? We always see the most movement on his final list

PavelBrendl

Jul 9, 2013
The sens, sabres and Wild need to pass us. For that, we need to move Monahan to neuter the 2nd line. They wont score every game, but they might give us a chance when Suzuki isnt scoring, which might result in 2-4 wins more.

It also moves Buff and Ottawa away from a game breaker, which is also good for the Habs in the long run. If then Sens add Dickinson, theyre a lot.less scary than if they add Levshunov.

He should be rater around Levshunov and Dickinson IMO.
Ageed on Levshunov over Dickinson. Or even just RD over LD, all things being equal. But I do like Levshunov better regardless.

I generally look at goal differential relative to points. I like it as an indicator of a team's quality and by season's end, there's usually a much higher correlation than at mid-season. Ottawa also has enough games in hand to make up points in a hurry and they seem to be putting things together recently. Strength of schedule also looks like it should help the tank, but you never know with this team since they often look good against good teams and look like shit against shit teams.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Silayev Is almost genetically engineered to stimulate every erogenous zone a scout can have, so I'm not surprised they have him so high. I'd still rather have Dickinson or Levshunov or even Parekh. I might be eating crow at some point down the road about that one, but right now that's how I see it.

• Haha
Reactions: bopeep

NekkiChiconey

Mar 17, 2016
Lisbon
Catton at 10 now and I don't really see him climbing more than that before the draft. We'll have the opportunity to draft him. If they go Demidov or Lindstrom, still great. If they go Eiserman, alright. But if they pass for Helenius... I'll be disappointed.

Reactions: Sagikev and Leto

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Silayev Is almost genetically engineered to stimulate every erogenous zone a scout can have, so I'm not surprised they have him so high. I'd still rather have Dickinson or Levshunov or even Parekh. I might be eating crow at some point down the road about that one, but right now that's how I see it.
Im there too. Silayev doesnt strike me as Hedman. Even at an extremely young age, though Hedman was a bit before I started "scouting".

Silayev reminds me a lot more of Zadorov and Ekblad, huge bodies with lesser tools. Not unlike Simashev too.

Catton at 10 now and I don't really see him climbing more than that before the draft. We'll have the opportunity to draft him. If they go Demidov or Lindstrom, still great. If they go Eiserman, alright. But if they pass for Helenius... I'll be disappointed.
Id have Catton behind all /Helenius I think.

On the fence with Lindstrom and him, I really have trouble deciding who I like more, but Eiserman just does more things than Catton and Demidov is basically Catton if he had all turned to 11.

Reactions: Pompeius Magnus

NekkiChiconey

Mar 17, 2016
Lisbon
Id have Catton behind all /Helenius I think.

On the fence with Lindstrom and him, I really have trouble deciding who I like more, but Eiserman just does more things than Catton and Demidov is basically Catton if he had all turned to 11.
That's fair, the 4 of them are really close for me, right now probably:
Lindstrom
Demidov
Catton
Eiserman

The thing is, Catton is a safe bet considering our management.

What do you think Eiserman does more than Catton? Not sure I would agree with that.

Reactions: WeThreeKings

TheBuriedHab

Jan 27, 2010
Most movement from what? The first list? Of course, lol.
The final list includes playoffs for a lot of players, U-18s and sometimes even WHC. Of course you see the most movement here in general. Eiserman's card is literally this, lol. He will continue to drop

Some people think he can be the best rush defender in the world eventually with his size and skating. I don't see a world where he isn't at least a top 4 defenseman.

Last edited:

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Maxim Masse ?

Decent size, q player, but looking at stats he isn't on pace to really improve his points per game.

Worth a selection? If he falls to the avs pick ? Maybe he's ranked lower ?

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Some people think he can be the best rush defender in the world eventually with his size and skating. I don't see a world where he isn't at least a top 4 defenseman.
He has a lot going for him, no questions about it. I just don't think he's the sum of his parts, for now at least, like Dickinson and Levshunov are.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
That's fair, the 4 of them are really close for me, right now probably:
Lindstrom
Demidov
Catton
Eiserman

The thing is, Catton is a safe bet considering our management.

What do you think Eiserman does more than Catton? Not sure I would agree with that.
Well, score goals is one. His hands are also insane. He can corral pucks that you wouldn't even think were available. His one on one ability is 3rd in the draft. While hes not as good of a playmaker, hes certainly better than hes shown. The size difference is also massive. Eiserman should be 6'1/ 6'2 210+ lbs in the NHL, thats not a small difference at all. Even if one would say hes soft (I wouldn't), theres value in just being big.

Catton is a better skater, but Im sure Eiserman can hang with him in a long-range race, and the gap is only going to narrow with time.

Eiserman is gonna be Pacioretty at the very worse. Thats insane value.
The final list includes playoffs for a lot of players, U-18s and sometimes even WHC. Of course you see the most movement here in general. Eiserman's card is literally this, lol. He will continue to drop

Beyond a dumb scouting card, can you provide anything else?

Reactions: habsfan891 and JT3

JT3

May 27, 2013
Well, score goals is one. His hands are also insane. He can corral pucks that you wouldn't even think were available. His one on one ability is 3rd in the draft. While hes not as good of a playmaker, hes certainly better than hes shown. The size difference is also massive. Eiserman should be 6'1/ 6'2 210+ lbs in the NHL, thats not a small difference at all. Even if one would say hes soft (I wouldn't), theres value in just being big.

Catton is a better skater, but Im sure Eiserman can hang with him in a long-range race, and the gap is only going to narrow with time.

Eiserman is gonna be Pacioretty at the very worse. Thats insane value.

Beyond a dumb scouting card, can you provide anything else?
Obviously scouts are disappointed with Eiserman relative to the expectations for him coming into this season, but if he's on the board when HuGo step up I've got no problem with taking him. He's literally a bigger, better Caufield. Just staple him to Dach and let Dach carry the puck and do the dirty work while Eiserman finds space.

Could trot out two lines looking something like
Caufield - Suzuki - Slafkovsky
Roy(?) - Dach - Eiserman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad