HF Habs: 2024 NHL Draft Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who do you want at #5?

• Tij Iginla

Votes: 209 49.5%
  • Cole Eiserman

Votes: 14 3.3%
  • Berkly Catton

Votes: 92 21.8%
  • Konsta Helenius

Votes: 13 3.1%
  • Beckett Sennecke

Votes: 75 17.8%
  • Zayne Parekh

Votes: 19 4.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
For le "peuple" he is a goal scorer and good enough for management not to have to put so much pressure on drafting more francophones. That was just my point in one of the posters saying we will draft Maxim Masse, no we won't!

We might if he's there in the 2nd round.. but we aren't drafting him with our own first round pick, that's for damn sure.

TheBuriedHab

Jan 27, 2010
Another Hattrick for Iginla. Like I said before, this guy is probably going to rise into the top 10 by June. All of a sudden could be a real target for the Habs between 6-10.

I'd imagine the Habs are starting to zero in on the Greentree, Iginla and MBN group. Good sized scoring wingers.

skidcells

May 11, 2023
how do you guys track/watch prospects play across chl/europe/US? Do you just watch highlights clips or have subscriptions? Thanks

skidcells

May 11, 2023
Another Hattrick for Iginla. Like I said before, this guy is probably going to rise into the top 10 by June. All of a sudden could be a real target for the Habs between 6-10.

I'd imagine the Habs are starting to zero in on the Greentree, Iginla and MBN group. Good sized scoring wingers.
I think this would be the year to try and get a second top 15 pick. We can go bpa with the first of the picks (mostly likely ours and bpa will probably be a D) and then pick the one that’s left over in the bigger sized wingers. To get there you would probably need to trade one or both of Savard, Monahan for late firsts and package the picks or one of the two picks with another one of our prospects for a top 15 pick

SannywithoutCompy

Dec 22, 2020
I like watching Buium play, only real concern is he gets Lars Eller syndrome sometimes and just holds onto the puck when there are plays to be made

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
Iginla definitely is the type of foward I could see the Habs being interested in, he fills alot of boxes. Great skating/edges, very good puckhandler, good shooter, high motor, 200 ft. player, strong competitor. He works well in tight areas, his game will translate well to the pros. its only a matter of having a good read on his upside IMO, a very good top 6 or great middle 6?

One of the youngest players in the draft and seems to get better and better.

Riggins

Jul 12, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Love Catton but he looks like a real shrimp, not sure how much weight he can pack onto that frame. He says he looks up to Jack Hughes and spent time with the Hughes bros in the summer. Thats a good player to mimic for Catton at his size. Here's a vid from the Chiefs:

Like it or not I do have big doubts the Habs will take a smallish guy top 10 the way this team is made up.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
We might if he's there in the 2nd round.. but we aren't drafting him with our own first round pick, that's for damn sure.
Habs will select Sasha Boisvert before Massé, if he is available to them after their own first round pick.

Habs' first round pick, if all goes well, will be:

#6 – Cayden Lindstrom, F, Medicine Hat​

Cayden Lindstrom has quickly become one of the most intriguing prospects in the 2024 NHL draft. He possesses a rare blend of skill, size, and speed as well as playing the coveted center position for one of the strongest teams in the WHL. Lindstrom is a fierce competitor who plays every game with a Tkachukian-edge. He boosts impressive speed and agility which he uses to frequently attack the middle of the ice on rushes. He is a threat to score from anywhere with his powerful shot, but that’s not the only way he can beat goalies as he also is an incredibly skilled puck handler. On Medicine Hat’s powerplay, he makes for a formidable net-front presence and also has the uncanny ability to slip away from his checker to help playmake along the boards or make himself a shooting option near the top of the circles. On the defensive side of the puck Lindstrom provides great support for his defenders when the puck is in the corners, and he also has a very active stick which he effectively uses to disrupt passing lanes. He’s not someone opposing players want to see coming down on them either when he is forechecking as he loves to lay powerful hits and always finishes his checks. Lindstrom has the making of a star modern day power-forward and will certainly be one to watch as he is sure to move up draft boards as the year goes on. (Chris Ford)

(as per Smaht Scouting)

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013
Iginla definitely is the type of foward I could see the Habs being interested in, he fills alot of boxes. Great skating/edges, very good puckhandler, good shooter, high motor, 200 ft. player, strong competitor. He works well in tight areas, his game will translate well to the pros. its only a matter of having a good read on his upside IMO, a very good top 6 or great middle 6?

One of the youngest players in the draft and seems to get better and better.
Iginla is already 6 feet, 186 pounds on HF boards. On video he seems bigger than that and he will be in the NHL at 6 ft 1, 215 lbs if not more. I have the impression he is going to look like his father. I wouldnt be against the pick for sure.

Reactions: Goldenhands

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Habs will select Sasha Boisvert before Massé, if he is available to them after their own first round pick.

Habs' first round pick, if all goes well, will be:

#6 – Cayden Lindstrom, F, Medicine Hat​

Cayden Lindstrom has quickly become one of the most intriguing prospects in the 2024 NHL draft. He possesses a rare blend of skill, size, and speed as well as playing the coveted center position for one of the strongest teams in the WHL. Lindstrom is a fierce competitor who plays every game with a Tkachukian-edge. He boosts impressive speed and agility which he uses to frequently attack the middle of the ice on rushes. He is a threat to score from anywhere with his powerful shot, but that’s not the only way he can beat goalies as he also is an incredibly skilled puck handler. On Medicine Hat’s powerplay, he makes for a formidable net-front presence and also has the uncanny ability to slip away from his checker to help playmake along the boards or make himself a shooting option near the top of the circles. On the defensive side of the puck Lindstrom provides great support for his defenders when the puck is in the corners, and he also has a very active stick which he effectively uses to disrupt passing lanes. He’s not someone opposing players want to see coming down on them either when he is forechecking as he loves to lay powerful hits and always finishes his checks. Lindstrom has the making of a star modern day power-forward and will certainly be one to watch as he is sure to move up draft boards as the year goes on. (Chris Ford)

(as per Smaht Scouting)

I don't see Lindstrom lasting long enough to get to us.

6'4" C who can skate and score are a dream for NHL teams.

Naslund

Jun 18, 2006
USA
Fantastic prospect, but obviously there's a glaring need at forward. If Hughes has a trade up his sleeve to trade a defenseman to get a very good young forward, then why not if he's the best available where we're picking.

Parekh is currently pacing at 36 goals and 68 assists for a total of 104 points in 68 games......as a 17 year old defenseman.

That's bonkers.

When was the last time a 17 your old defenseman decimated the CHL like that?
Bryan Fogarty?

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
Damn missed Buium 4 pts game, decided to record Michigan state vs Michigan instead .Michigan State got outplayed badly by Michigan friday night and I thought the rematch would be a good opportunity to see what Levshunov was made of. Well, he didnt disappoint, kid was simply dominant all over the ice, one of the best showings Ive seen so far from that 2024 class. I had some concerns about his IQ since you will see him out of position at times and jump in the play a bit randomly, but tonight he was huge and played a really solid game, not quite mistakes free, but still really solid in a game where the intensity level was pretty high. I think Levshunov will always impact the game more with his great tools than with his IQ, but he is no dumb either, just a bit wild and a somewhat casual body language.

The size/skating/skills package is going to make him a top 5 pick next draft, I wouldnt be surprised if he goes to Anaheim.

More I watch, more I think its going to be an exceptional draft class for defensemen.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
I haven’t followed prospects for this year’s draft but reading the last few pages about Eiserman, I get the a feeling I saw similar comments about Oliver Wahlstrom a couple years ago.
Wahlstrom doesn't come close to Eiserman in terms of shooting arsenal. Eiserman is basically a bigger version of Caufield. Poor defensively, needs to work on skating. The disappointment with Eiserman is the expectation was he was going to challenge Celebrini for 1st OA. That's not close to happening. It's Celebrini then everyone else. Eiserman pretty much looks like he did last year. There hasn't been a lot of progress in his game.

He's been downgraded from potential star player to 1st line player, or 1st-2nd line tweener. He's a pure shooter who needs to round out his game & upgrade his skating.

Damn missed Buium 4 pts game, decided to record Michigan state vs Michigan instead .Michigan State got outplayed badly by Michigan friday night and I thought the rematch would be a good opportunity to see what Levshunov was made of. Well, he didnt disappoint, kid was simply dominant all over the ice, one of the best showings Ive seen so far from that 2024 class. I had some concerns about his IQ since you will see him out of position at times and jump in the play a bit randomly, but tonight he was huge and played a really solid game, not quite mistakes free, but still really solid in a game where the intensity level was pretty high. I think Levshunov will always impact the game more with his great tools than with his IQ, but he is no dumb either, just a bit wild and a somewhat casual body language.

The size/skating/skills package is going to make him a top 5 pick next draft, I wouldnt be surprised if he goes to Anaheim.

More I watch, more I think its going to be an exceptional draft class for defensemen.

It is an exceptional draft for defensemen, which is why I so badly wanted a forward last year in what was an exceptional forward class. Oh well, Reinbacher will be a good partner for either Hutson or Guhle.

skidcells

May 11, 2023
production isn’t everything but Buium and Levshunov are respectively 1st and 2nd in point production (points per game) for draft eligible dmen in the ncaa since 1990, Zayne parekh is second in chl since 1990 in ppg and Silayev is first in ppg in the khl.

Add dickinson to the list because of his overall package and you have 5 d that should go in the top 7 imho.

It will be very interesting to see where we draft and how the draft plays out. If Celibirini, Demidov (though Russian factor will be a concern) are gone and one of the above d is still there I think we’ll have to draft them. Their impact would be greater than anyone we currently have in our deep d prospect pool.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
Catton and Lindstrom 's numbers appear outstanding (1.5 PPG), with Lindstrom having more size and a better goals-to-assists ratio.

Are they good defensively? Should their offensive styles translate?

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
Also, given that CHL players can't go to the AHL, which top forwards in the draft gave the potential to be NHL 3rd liners next year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad