HF Habs: 2024 NHL Draft Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who do you want at #5?

• Tij Iginla

Votes: 209 49.5%
  • Cole Eiserman

Votes: 14 3.3%
  • Berkly Catton

Votes: 92 21.8%
  • Konsta Helenius

Votes: 13 3.1%
  • Beckett Sennecke

Votes: 75 17.8%
  • Zayne Parekh

Votes: 19 4.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

HuGort

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
MBN would be a great fit. That's just another player that should keep the panic low. Even if we out perform our schedule and ability, we aren't making the playoffs and there's too many good forwards that will be pushed down by good defenseman
Defensemen usually go higher in draft, so scoring forward may slide to us even if we draft 12-14th.

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
I like your idea but Les Canadiens need scoring for the future outside of Caufield,Suzuki,and hopefully Slafkovsky so I have them taking a Finn or French Canadiens...Konsta Helenius or Maxim Masse
We have 2 French scorers now going forward in RHP and Roy, I don't think the Habs will be that stressed to be honest and pick the hometown kid

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I am firmly on the Buium hype train if somehow we cannot land any of the Fs or Levshunov. It makes the Hutson "problem" a lot easier to handle. Trade him for assets.

Guhle-Buium is literally a best pairing in the league potential.
Could also unlock
Hutson-Reinbacher

Xhekaj/struble/engstrom/hareis/barron as back up plans is also *very* solid.

TheBuriedHab

Jan 27, 2010
What do you think of Greentree? I've never seen him play
He's not a good skater. Really good hands, IQ, Size and Shot.

People compare him to Jason Robertson who had skating concerns as well. I'm always scared to take bad skaters high so I probably wouldn't take him but some teams might think they can fix it and take him high.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
If we end up drafting MBN, I'd push for him to play in the CHL next season ( I believe an OHL team already holds his rights) . The smaller ice would do wonders for his development.

skidcells

May 11, 2023
He's not a good skater. Really good hands, IQ, Size and Shot.

People compare him to Jason Robertson who had skating concerns as well. I'm always scared to take bad skaters high so I probably wouldn't take him but some teams might think they can fix it and take him high.
Is the skating issue related to speed (harder to improve) or edges/stride (much easier to improve, though, to the player has to put in the time and effort)?

TheBuriedHab

Jan 27, 2010
Is the skating issue related to speed (harder to improve) or edges/stride (much easier to improve, though, to the player has to put in the time and effort)?
He lacks explosiveness and straight line speed. Looks like he is skating in quicksand a lot. His edges are fine. Strengthening his lower body will help.

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
If we end up drafting MBN, I'd push for him to play in the CHL next season ( I believe an OHL team already holds his rights) . The smaller ice would do wonders for his development.

Could do 1 year in the CHL and 1 year in the AHL.. there might be an argument he'd be ready for the AHL right away like Rantanen was.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
What do you think of Greentree? I've never seen him play
I love him. Hes a player for sure, his offensive IQ is extremely high.
He has heavy feet. His edges are fine, he looks like hes on rails when he skates, very hard to move off the puck, very strong base and just overall not a bad skater, its just the feet that are slow.

Ive compared him to Perry and Wood. He doesnt quite have the shot Wood has, and hes not a pest but they all share a lot of the same qualities and deficiencies.

I have no reason to believe his skating will hold him back from being a good player, maybe from becoming elite, a la Roy.

HuGort

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
I love him. Hes a player for sure, his offensive IQ is extremely high.

He has heavy feet. His edges are fine, he looks like hes on rails when he skates, very hard to move off the puck, very strong base and just overall not a bad skater, its just the feet that are slow.

Ive compared him to Perry and Wood. He doesnt quite have the shot Wood has, and hes not a pest but they all share a lot of the same qualities and deficiencies.

I have no reason to believe his skating will hold him back from being a good player, maybe from becoming elite, a la Roy.
Greentree probably not our first pick then?

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
1705608199586.png

This is Cole Eiserman.. for those wondering why he's falling.

Jaynki

Feb 3, 2014
I would rather draft a late riser than a faller.

Even tho Eiserman might be perceived as great value outside the top 10 for example, i would prefer a young player who has been nothing more than uptrending all year long.

Stagnation/regression for an 18YO hockey player is as red as a red flag could be. Admitedly, i haven't watched Eiserman this year tho so im really basing on the talk in town on him.

Reactions: Goldenhands

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
I would rather draft a late riser than a faller.

Even tho Eiserman might be perceived as great value outside the top 10 for example, i would prefer a young player who has been nothing more than uptrending all year long.

Stagnation/regression for an 18YO hockey player is as red as a red flag could be. Admitedly, i haven't watched Eiserman this year tho so im really basing on the talk in town on him.
Im really concerned by his skating, motor and defensive involvement. He isnt trending well thats for sure, I prefer a kid like Helenius personally.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad