HF Habs: 2024 NHL Draft Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who do you want at #5?

• Tij Iginla

Votes: 209 49.5%
  • Cole Eiserman

Votes: 14 3.3%
  • Berkly Catton

Votes: 92 21.8%
  • Konsta Helenius

Votes: 13 3.1%
  • Beckett Sennecke

Votes: 75 17.8%
  • Zayne Parekh

Votes: 19 4.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

NekkiChiconey

Mar 17, 2016
Lisbon
Catton and Lindstrom 's numbers appear outstanding (1.5 PPG), with Lindstrom having more size and a better goals-to-assists ratio.

Are they good defensively? Should their offensive styles translate?
Both above-average for 18 years olds imo, not elite, for different reasons.

Lindstrom is involved in every play, uses his size to retrieve pucks and break the cycle (think Dach but more physical). Catton is extremely smart, his positioning, anticipation and stickchecks are top notch (think Suzuki). I will say however that Catton was more involved defensively at the Hlinka than he is currently in the regular season. Is it a motivation thing, or does he just focus more on offense? Who knows.

I could see both being either a C or LW in the NHL, depending on team needs, as long as they spend as much time as possible with the puck on their stick.

Reactions: Rozz and DAChampion

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
Both above-average for 18 years olds imo, not elite, for different reasons.

Lindstrom is involved in every play, uses his size to retrieve pucks and break the cycle (think Dach but more physical). Catton is extremely smart, his positioning, anticipation and stickchecks are top notch (think Suzuki). I will say however that Catton was more involved defensively at the Hlinka than he is currently in the regular season. Is it a motivation thing, or does he just focus more on offense? Who knows.

I could see both being either a C or LW in the NHL, depending on team needs, as long as they spend as much time as possible with the puck on their stick.

Which non-Celebrini draft-year forward do you most want on the Habs?

skidcells

May 11, 2023
Guhle - Parekh or Levshunov
Hutson - Reinbacher
Xhekaj - Mailloux

The top 4 would have the potential to be top pairing on most teams. The third pair potential for a top 4 on most teams. Let’s make it happen.

We can then trade the excess D for offensive depth and scoring

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013
Guhle - Parekh or Levshunov
Hutson - Reinbacher
Xhekaj - Mailloux

The top 4 would have the potential to be top pairing on most teams. The third pair potential for a top 4 on most teams. Let’s make it happen.

We can then trade the excess D for offensive depth and scoring
This D corps is overkill imo. I mean, watch out our offensive. We need high end talent up front

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
Iginla is already 6 feet, 186 pounds on HF boards. On video he seems bigger than that and he will be in the NHL at 6 ft 1, 215 lbs if not more. I have the impression he is going to look like his father. I wouldnt be against the pick for sure.
I think his measurations are correct from my viewings, but he could pretty well keep growing and will surely add pounds to his frame thats for sure.

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
This D corps is overkill imo. I mean, watch out our offensive. We need high end talent up front

It's definitely overkill and then you need someone to come free, want to sign here and out bid them in a trade.

Just reach on a forward if you have to, this is the last time we are picking top 10.

That being said, Levshunov and Dickinson are long gone before we hit the stage to pick. We won't take Silayev and I just don't see them taking Buium or Parekh over a forward.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I think Levshunov is going to be a stud. He is probably gone by our pick, but if he is there...
Levshunov reminds me so much of Dahlin. I guess he doesnt have the same level of puckhandling but Dahlin rarely ever needs to use his puckhandling skills so its a moot point.

If I had money on someone being a 1D, its him.
Which non-Celebrini draft-year forward do you most want on the Habs?
Demidov ezpz.
Yeah, we're going to end up like Nashville. Great D, average offense. I really hope the biggest failure of this organization is not getting a top 3 pick in 2023. Ideally, we wanted Slafkovsky in 2022. One of the top 3 centers in 2023, then we select our #1 D in 2024. Core built.
Suzuki is better than anything the Preds had during their window. Slaf is tracking to be about Forsberg, IMO. Caufield is gravy, Roy might be similar to Arvidsson.

I dont think theres a case we end up like the Preds.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
It is an exceptional draft for defensemen, which is why I so badly wanted a forward last year in what was an exceptional forward class. Oh well, Reinbacher will be a good partner for either Hutson or Guhle.
Ya the defensemen look really good. If we weren't going to draft Michkov, I just don't see any high end impact forwards available at #5 last year. The rest of the guys were more likely to be 2nd liners.

I would have preferred packaging that pick for a player like Keller meaning we keep our 1st and 2nd instead of Newhook, although we likely get a worse 1st this year and fall out of the top 10 and miss out on the dmen. Anyways, I do like Reinbacher and think he will be a good player.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
It's definitely overkill and then you need someone to come free, want to sign here and out bid them in a trade.

Just reach on a forward if you have to, this is the last time we are picking top 10.

That being said, Levshunov and Dickinson are long gone before we hit the stage to pick. We won't take Silayev and I just don't see them taking Buium or Parekh over a forward.
Why not Silayev?

LHD?
Russian?
Talent?

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Why not Silayev?

LHD?
Russian?
Talent?

He's a left shot defenseman which is absolutely not a need.. and his contract is a longer one over there, now it is the same program as Bogdan so maybe they feel some way about it that it wouldn't be so bad.

I just don't think that they would pick a left shot defenseman high this year, they mentioned they might have gone a different direction if Reinbacher was a left shot too.

The BPA at LD would have to be so immense that it'd be stupid and I think Silayev isn't that guy.

We will be taking a forward - I just don't see a scenario where they don't unless somehow they are all gone and someone like Dickinson or Levshunov is sitting there at pick 8/9.

Reactions: Rozz and jaffy27

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
He's a left shot defenseman which is absolutely not a need.. and his contract is a longer one over there, now it is the same program as Bogdan so maybe they feel some way about it that it wouldn't be so bad.

I just don't think that they would pick a left shot defenseman high this year, they mentioned they might have gone a different direction if Reinbacher was a left shot too.

The BPA at LD would have to be so immense that it'd be stupid and I think Silayev isn't that guy.

We will be taking a forward - I just don't see a scenario where they don't unless somehow they are all gone and someone like Dickinson or Levshunov is sitting there at pick 8/9.
Agree…

Here’s hoping Someone ahead of us falls in love with Silayev….you’d think Dickinson and Levshunov would also be gonzo……also hoping Buium’s WJC showing would entice a team ahead of us to select him!!

If we could solidify that 7th spot, those 4 D plus Celebrini are selected, that would leave us with one of Demidov, Eiserman, Lindstrom or Catton, more then likely the latter two!

Think we’ll get that talented forward in this draft!

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Agree…

Here’s hoping Someone ahead of us falls in love with Silayev….you’d think Dickinson and Levshunov would also be gonzo……also hoping Buium’s WJC showing would entice a team ahead of us to select him!!

If we could solidify that 7th spot, those 4 D plus Celebrini are selected, that would leave us with one of Demidov, Eiserman, Lindstrom or Catton, more then likely the latter two!

Think we’ll get that talented forward in this draft!

We definitely will.. you can give most defenseman on Bob's list today a +2/3 to their projected placement.

Reactions: jaffy27 and Rozz

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Pretty solid top 3 now, for me. Unlikely to move until the draft.

Celebrini
Demidov
Levshunov

Next in line for #4:

Lindstrom
Eiserman
Buium
Catton
Dickinson
Yeah sure.

We would be a in very good spot with Wright and Michkov right now
I mean, yes? A better spot than now? Debatable, but a good spot regardless.

Wright is leading the AHL in u20 scoring right now, its not like hes doing bad or something.

Wed probably be much better off with Jiricek/Nemec and Michkov/Benson though.

Michelangelo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 17, 2014
Montreal
can anyone give me a run down of his list so far? I'm not able to watch atm
1. Celebrini
2. Silayev
3. Levshunov
4. Eiserman
5. Lindstrom
6. Demidov