HF Habs: 2024 NHL Draft Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who do you want at #5?

• Tij Iginla

Votes: 209 49.5%
  • Cole Eiserman

Votes: 14 3.3%
  • Berkly Catton

Votes: 92 21.8%
  • Konsta Helenius

Votes: 13 3.1%
  • Beckett Sennecke

Votes: 75 17.8%
  • Zayne Parekh

Votes: 19 4.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York
I think shoot/pass ability. Suzuki can beat a goalie clean as good as anyone and hes also the best passer.

Me too. Helenius is cool but Catton is just more.

Suzuki can, but Suzuki can't do it at the same rate by a significant margin. Suzuki also doesn't have the skating. Celebrini has at least 2 more gears vs. Suzuki. Comparing Suzuki to Celebrini is like comparing Suzuki to MacKinnon.

Demidov while he plays a NA style game for a Russian, is still a lot more elusive than Suzuki can be. I'd agree with you more if you said Catton is in the mold of Suzuki.

Last edited:

Playmaker09

Sep 11, 2008
We need someone to put the puck in the net. Caufield or not.

If it doesnt work, you keep the best of both. Caufield would bring back a lot on the market.

TBH for like the 15th consecutive year (since the brief Koivu/Kovalev/Tanguay/Plekanec/Markov era) this team lacks creators more than it does finishers.

Haven't had a legit high-end playmaker since Markov left.
Maybe Dach if he could actually develop and put together a healthy season.

Our PP has suffered immensely for it.

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
TBH for like the 15th consecutive year (since the brief Koivu/Kovalev/Tanguay/Plekanec/Markov era) this team lacks creators more than it does finishers.

Haven't had a legit high-end playmaker since Markov left.
Maybe Dach if he could actually develop and put together a healthy season.

Our PP has suffered immensely for it.
Slaf is developing into a little playmaker. He can see the ice very well.

Me personally, I want one more high end finisher. Caufield on one line and *insert finisher* on the other.

Slaf - Suzuki - Caufield
Newhook - Dach - *finisher*

NekkiChiconey

Mar 17, 2016
Lisbon
I'm comfortable picking anywhere in the top-7. Imo there are 5 forwards who can change our offense, and there should be at least 2 D in the mix before our pick.

Celebrini is the dream, but I won't hype myself up too much.

Lindstrom, Demidov and Catton have the potential to drive a line and be our best forward overall.

Eiserman has finishing we cruelly lack. As much as I love the prospects of our current "first line", Eiserman - Dach - Slaf is that but on steroids.

Reactions: bcv and Leto

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York
I don't see why Chicago, San Jose, or Anaheim would pass on Eiserman at 2oa. They all just got their playmaking 1cs and they need someone who can pot 30-40 with ease alongside them

Anaheim I agree, they have all their core pieces. Chicago I disagree, they will aim for another center or a top D. San Jose same as Chicago, but maybe a bit more likely since Smith and Eiserman could work wonders. You don't draft a winger early in a rebuild unless they can lead the play.

skidcells

May 11, 2023
Matyas Melovsky is having on heck of a tournament. I don’t think he gets drafted as a double overager but would like to bring him on a try out in our summer camps and see how he competes.

JT3

May 27, 2013
Id much rather an offensive RD#1 than Helenius or MBN.
Yeah I'm with you there, I was just ranking my forwards. I would take Dickinson and Levshunov over those two for sure, although they should definitely be gone long before them anyways. Yakemchuk might be one of my favorite prospects in this draft, but it would be a toss up against those guys. I need more viewings of Silayev still, and I am not the biggest Parekh fan around, although his talent is undeniable.

Edit: forgot Buium too, he has been impressive this year. I'd have him ahead of Parekh and working his way into the top 10 range.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Yeah I'm with you there, I was just ranking my forwards. I would take Dickinson and Levshunov over those two for sure, although they should definitely be gone long before them anyways. Yakemchuk might be one of my favorite prospects in this draft, but it would be a toss up against those guys. I need more viewings of Silayev still, and I am not the biggest Parekh fan around, although his talent is undeniable.
I think Parekh and Levshunov would perfectly compliment the players we have. It would take off a lot of pressure on Lane Hutson to pan out as a top pair offensive D. We really need to stop overthinking and just pick BPA.

Reactions: Jaynki

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
If Helenius, Catton and Lindstrom are available when the Habs pick. Which one do you choose based on talent and needs?

bcv

My french sucks.
Sep 18, 2010
If Helenius, Catton and Lindstrom are available when the Habs pick. Which one do you choose based on talent and needs?
Helenius is 3rd and far from the other 2 for me. I’d take one of the top dman before him.

Still unsure about Catton/Lindstron, I’d probably lean Catton first, but Lindstrom physical package is tantalizing.

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
Helenius is 3rd and far from the other 2 for me. I’d take one of the top dman before him.

Still unsure about Catton/Lindstron, I’d probably lean Catton first, but Lindstrom physical package is tantalizing.
Slaf, Dach and Lindstrom on the top 6 would look awsome for sure. But i think what we need the most is pure offensive talent. I think in that regard i would lean toward Catton also.

Catton Lindstrom and Helenius in this order.

I would not be mad at all with the first two no matter where we pick /top 2.
Your top 2 being Celebrini and Eiserman??

Reactions: waitin425 and bcv

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Slaf, Dach and Lindstrom on the top 6 would look awsome for sure. But i think what we need the most is pure offensive talent. I think in that regard i would lean toward Catton also.

Your top 2 being Celebrini and Eiserman??
Celebrini and Demidov. Eiserman is in the mix with the other two forwards and Levshunov/Dickinson.

Reactions: Benstheman

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York
I just hope we're not left with the option of drafting Demidov. Another instance of not going for the Russian because of his nationality would be inexcusable

That's just a conspiracy theory. Michkov was not selected ahead of Reinbacher because he's just not that good a player. Demidov is much better.

Reactions: bopeep

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
I don't see why Chicago, San Jose, or Anaheim would pass on Eiserman at 2oa. They all just got their playmaking 1cs and they need someone who can pot 30-40 with ease alongside them

One of those teams will probably get Celebrini. I can see Chicago or SJS grabbing Dickinson if they don't get #1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad