HF Habs: 2024 NHL Draft Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who do you want at #5?

• Tij Iginla

Votes: 209 49.5%
  • Cole Eiserman

Votes: 14 3.3%
  • Berkly Catton

Votes: 92 21.8%
  • Konsta Helenius

Votes: 13 3.1%
  • Beckett Sennecke

Votes: 75 17.8%
  • Zayne Parekh

Votes: 19 4.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PavelBrendl

Jul 9, 2013
Has anyone watched much footage of Nikita Artamonov? His numbers in the KHL are insane considering there doesn’t seem to be much buzz about him. The little I’ve read on him claims that he’s smart and hard-working. What are the knocks?

Have to imagine the Habs have seen a lot of him if they’re keeping tabs on Konyushkov.

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
Has anyone watched much footage of Nikita Artamonov? His numbers in the KHL are insane considering there doesn’t seem to be much buzz about him. The little I’ve read on him claims that he’s smart and hard-working. What are the knocks?

Have to imagine the Habs have seen a lot of him if they’re keeping tabs on Konyushkov.
I’ve watched pretty much every torpedo games. They’re fun to watch with the young guys they have, Artamonov, Atanasov, Silayev, Konyushkov.

He’s very good. More of a playmaker than a shooter but he can do both and score near the net. Skilled, already plays a pro game, he’s not a play driver, though. He’s gonna be an awesome complementary player on a top 6.

I wondered about the habs watching him closely too. I feel we’re gonna draft too high to take him and he’s gonna be gone if we have another late 1st round pick.

He just signed for 2 more years, until 25/26. I don’t know how the habs would feel about that.

Last edited:

PavelBrendl

Jul 9, 2013
I’ve watched pretty much every torpedo games. They’re fun to watch with the young guys they have, Artamonov, Atanasov, Silayev, Konyushkov.

He’s very good. More of a playmaker than a shooter. Already plays a pro game, he’s not a play driver, though. He’s gonna be an awesome complementary player on a top 6.

I wondered about the habs watching him closely too. I feel we’re gonna draft too high to take him and he’s gonna be gone if we have another late 1st round pick.

He just signed for 2 more years, until 25/26. Idon’t know how the habs would feel about that.
Thanks for the summary! The numbers are great but yeah, I think picking in the first round (especially as high as they could be picking), a play driver is the absolute need. Definitely going to try to watch some footage when I get a chance though.

Reactions: SlafySZN

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York
We need someone to put the puck in the net. Caufield or not.

If it doesnt work, you keep the best of both. Caufield would bring back a lot on the market.

It takes many skills to put the puck in the net. Look at Slaf yesterday, total grind job and he caused 3 easy goals. I see everybody argue that we need more shooters, but I just don't agree at all. We have even less playmaking than shooting, a great playmaker who can score is what we sorely lack. It's what we need to win tight games, it's what we need to come back in games. We don't have that.

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
Thanks for the summary! The numbers are great but yeah, I think picking in the first round (especially as high as they could be picking), a play driver is the absolute need. Definitely going to try to watch some footage when I get a chance though.
I just found this video. It’s his shifts of one of his game this season. Good way to see what kind of player he is and not just highlights.

Leto

Feb 16, 2023
I don't think so, MBN isn't a top 10 talent.

We have Caufield already who is just that. We certainly don't need another one.
We need someone the opposite of Eiserman if we ever want to win. Celebrini is the dream. Demidov is the other option, he's always on.

Caufield - Celebrini - Slaf
Newhook - Suz - 2025 pick Calgary or us

Or
Caufield - Suz - Slaf
Newhook - 2025 pick, calgary or us - Demidov

Where is Dach?

Reactions: overlords

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City

We need someone the opposite of Eiserman if we ever want to win. Celebrini is the dream. Demidov is the other option, he's always on.

Or
Caufield - Suz - Slaf

His name is Kirby Dach, what have you done with him? :mad:

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada

Or
Caufield - Suz - Slaf
Dach?

Reactions: Estimated_Prophet

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York
His name is Kirby Dach, what have you done with him? :mad:

LOL DOES HE EVEN EXIST OR HE'S A FABLE???!

Just kidding.

I think it's fair to say that I'm not counting him because the probability of Dach becoming the player we need has taken a beating. We have to replace him, and if he does become who we need him to become, he's an extra top 6 player. Most NHL contenders have 7 top 6 forwards, there is always one hurt.

Right now Dach and Newhook are hurt, 40% of our top 6, sooo...it sucks.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
It takes many skills to put the puck in the net. Look at Slaf yesterday, total grind job and he caused 3 easy goals. I see everybody argue that we need more shooters, but I just don't agree at all. We have even less playmaking than shooting, a great playmaker who can score is what we sorely lack. It's what we need to win tight games, it's what we need to come back in games. We don't have that.
We have Slaf and Dach in the Lindstrom mold
Suzuki in the Celebrini/Demidov mold
Caufield in the Eiserman mold

Suzuki, Slaf, Dach are all heavily slanted towards passing and only Cole and Nick are threats to score from outside.

Yes, we need Demidov and Celebrini more than the other two, but we need Eiserman probably more than we need anything else after them.

JT3

May 27, 2013

Suzuki, Slaf, Dach are all heavily slanted towards passing and only Cole and Nick are threats to score from outside.

Yes, we need Demidov and Celebrini more than the other two, but we need Eiserman probably more than we need anything else after them.
Right now my order of preference is something like

Celebrini

Demidov
Lindstrom

Eiserman
Catton

Helenius
MBN

I know scouts have soured on Eiserman slightly this season with him not rounding out his game as they've hoped, but there's still lots of time for that, and when you can score goals the way he does? Who really cares. He's not the slam dunk 2nd overall anymore, but he's still a hell of a player.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world

Celebrini

Demidov
Lindstrom

Eiserman
Catton

Helenius
MBN

I know scouts have soured on Eiserman slightly this season with him not rounding out his game as they've hoped, but there's still lots of time for that, and when you can score goals the way he does? Who really cares. He's not the slam dunk 2nd overall anymore, but he's still a hell of a player.
Id much rather an offensive RD#1 than Helenius or MBN.

Reactions: WinterLion

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax

Celebrini

Demidov
Lindstrom

Eiserman
Catton

Helenius
MBN

I don't think anyone here would be mad at all if we got Eiserman.

It's more that he's very unlikely to go as high as projected prior to the season due to the emergence of other players and a lack of growth that scouts wanted this year.

I like your list. Don't think I have a problem with any of it

BoneHutson

Mar 26, 2023
I just hope we draft top 8 this year. We need a Helenius or Catton.
Celebrini
Lindstrom
Demidov
Eiserman
Dickinson
Levshunov
Buium
Silayev
Catton
Helenius
(With Parekh, Nygard and Yakemchuk that could all go top 10).

As long as we finish bottom 10, we will get a top forward imo

Reactions: Agalloch

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York

Suzuki is not in the Celebrini Demidov mold lol, we don't have anyone in those molds by a factor 2 x

We're really close now to dropping into #6 spot.
I think we'll draft top 5

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Suzuki is not in the Celebrini Demidov mold lol, we don't have anyone in those molds by a factor 2 x

I think we'll draft top 5
I think shoot/pass ability. Suzuki can beat a goalie clean as good as anyone and hes also the best passer.

I have Catton way above Helenius.... am I missing something?

Also I will say it again. I have absolutely no problem taking another D with this pick if you can't get a guy you think will be a game breaker at F.
Me too. Helenius is cool but Catton is just more.

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
I don't see why Chicago, San Jose, or Anaheim would pass on Eiserman at 2oa. They all just got their playmaking 1cs and they need someone who can pot 30-40 with ease alongside them

Reactions: Goldenhands

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
I don't see why Chicago, San Jose, or Anaheim would pass on Eiserman at 2oa. They all just got their playmaking 1cs and they need someone who can pot 30-40 with ease alongside them
Yep Eiserman at 2 OV remains a strong possibility.

I didnt dissect Buium game in this WJC, but really liked his skating, puckhandling and the way he uses his frame to protect the puck in the offensive zone, usually thats something some fowards can do, but from a defenseman I think thats a special tool.

I really dont know who the Habs will pick if we ended up drafting around 6th OV, thats pretty much in the air at this point MO. There is also a possibility the team trade that pick to get a really good young player like it happened with Kerby Dach, if they dont really like whats is there at their spot.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad