HF Habs: 2024 NHL Draft Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who do you want at #5?

• Tij Iginla

Votes: 209 49.5%
  • Cole Eiserman

Votes: 14 3.3%
  • Berkly Catton

Votes: 92 21.8%
  • Konsta Helenius

Votes: 13 3.1%
  • Beckett Sennecke

Votes: 75 17.8%
  • Zayne Parekh

Votes: 19 4.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
Don't get me wrong, I love Lindstrom, but is he 2nd OA worthy? The drop off from Celebrini to 2nd OA seems astronomical.

I personally expect one of Levshunov and Dickinson to go 2nd OA, while Lindstrom will be the 2nd forward taken.

Eiserman and Demidov just aren't taking the steps the others have this season (and Demidov might have the Russian factor impacting where he goes as well).

Reactions: WinterLion

Naslund

Jun 18, 2006
USA
I doubt this will be a choice. One of them is top five, while the other one is top 15. Saying this, MBN would be a wonderful prospect to have.

Reactions: skidcells

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
I mean Demidov is a slam dunk 2nd OA, MBN should be in contention around 8-9.
Something we thought about Michkov....being a slam dunk early. With all the debate about Russian players having maybe even a tougher time to move from Russia....people would be surprised to see Demidov fall?

Don't get me wrong, I love Lindstrom, but is he 2nd OA worthy? The drop off from Celebrini to 2nd OA seems astronomical.
Why is Eiserman suddenly not a No2 overall possibility? Cause he isn't playing in this tournament?

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Something we thought about Michkov....being a slam dunk early. With all the debate about Russian players having maybe even a tougher time to move from Russia....people would be surprised to see Demidov fall?

Why is Eiserman suddenly not a No2 overall possibility? Cause he isn't playing in this tournament?
People are overthinking Eiserman and being moutpieces for the media looking for something to say.

The whole Michkov thing was stupid and I refuse to believe in such stupid things.

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
People are overthinking Eiserman and being moutpieces for the media looking for something to say.

The whole Michkov thing was stupid and I refuse to believe in such stupid things.
Well awesome if everybody thinks Eiserman should drop to us.....no problem with that...lol.

As far as Michkov is concerned...7 teams with pro scouting left the BPA in the stands for their own pick. At the very very worst, Michkov was No4 BPA. And yet..he lasted till 7. So I will accept what I've seen with my very eyes...and will believe that there are idiots running NHL teams.

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
As far as Michkov is concerned...7 teams with pro scouting left the BPA in the stands for their own pick. At the very very worst, Michkov was No4 BPA. And yet..he lasted till 7. So I will accept what I've seen with my very eyes...and will believe that there are idiots running NHL teams.
Michkov fall had nothing to do with doubts about Russian players having issues coming over (he wasn't even the 1st Russian playing in Russia taken). It's been reported multiple time since the draft that he pulled a Jarg so Philadelphia could draft him because that's where he wanted to go. He even visited Philadelphia installations before being drafted.

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
Michkov fall had nothing to do with doubts about Russian players having issues coming over (he wasn't even the 1st Russian playing in Russia taken). It's been reported multiple time since the draft that he pulled a Jarg so Philadelphia could draft him because that's where he wanted to go. He even visited Philadelphia installations before being drafted.
What are you talking about? You don't remember the whole 3-year contract already signed in the KHL? Simashev doesn't even come close to the superstar stardom that Michkov had. If Russia had to do what they can to retain a guy...who do you think their effort will be for...Michkov or Simashev?

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York
In a Habs thread near you......Demidov or MBN.

Hmmm no? There's no debate between these two.

Because Eiserman is poor defensively and doesn't contribute much outside of scoring.

Reactions: rochab

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
Thoughts on Matvei Gridin?

Could he rise and become a 1st round pick?

6"1 Russian forward playing for Muskegon in the USHL, 15 goals and 34 points in 29 games. Committed to Michigan next season. On the same team as Boisvert and is outproducing him slightly.

Reactions: Toene

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
What are you talking about? You don't remember the whole 3-year contract already signed in the KHL? Simashev doesn't even come close to the superstar stardom that Michkov had. If Russia had to do what they can to retain a guy...who do you think their effort will be for...Michkov or Simashev?
I'm talking about interviews/article you clearly didn't read. Michkov pulled a Jarg: him and his agent made teams think he wouldn't come over after his 3 years except for the one he wanted to be drafted by. Simashev has contract that ends only one year earlier than Michkov's and nobody is up in arm over it.

Russia won't try to only retain Michkov if it comes to that, they will try to retain everyone. And they love it when their athletes are the best on the international scenes, it's a key part of their nationalism propaganda.

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
Hmmm no? There's no debate between these two.

Because Eiserman is poor defensively and doesn't contribute much outside of scoring.
There is no debate just like there was no debate between Reinbacher vs Benson, Reinbacher vs Leonard or Reinbacher vs Michkov?

Eiserman not contributing much outside of scoring....I'd love to see that with the Habs. Somebody who is unfortunately just a scorer who is dynamic and drives the net.

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
I'd also add Greentree to most of these forwards lists, he's exactly what we need. Left handed and can play both wings, physical with a scoring touch

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Thoughts on Matvei Gridin?

Could he rise and become a 1st round pick?

6"1 Russian forward playing for Muskegon in the USHL, 15 goals and 34 points in 29 games. Committed to Michigan next season. On the same team as Boisvert and is outproducing him slightly.

I'm busy at work but I'm pretty sure there's some footage of him in this vid, #28, Boisvert is #9.

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York
There is no debate just like there was no debate between Reinbacher vs Benson, Reinbacher vs Leonard or Reinbacher vs Michkov?

Eiserman not contributing much outside of scoring....I'd love to see that with the Habs. Somebody who is unfortunately just a scorer who is dynamic and drives the net.

I don't think so, MBN isn't a top 10 talent.

We have Caufield already who is just that. We certainly don't need another one.
We need someone the opposite of Eiserman if we ever want to win. Celebrini is the dream. Demidov is the other option, he's always on.

Caufield - Celebrini - Slaf
Newhook - Suz - 2025 pick Calgary or us/Dach

Or
Caufield - Suz - Slaf
Newhook - 2025 pick, calgary or us/Dach - Demidov

Last edited:
Reactions: MarkovsKnee
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad