HF Habs: 2024 NHL Draft Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who do you want at #5?

• Tij Iginla

Votes: 209 49.5%
  • Cole Eiserman

Votes: 14 3.3%
  • Berkly Catton

Votes: 92 21.8%
  • Konsta Helenius

Votes: 13 3.1%
  • Beckett Sennecke

Votes: 75 17.8%
  • Zayne Parekh

Votes: 19 4.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

NekkiChiconey

Mar 17, 2016
Lisbon
The only thing Benson has on Catton is the matured defensive game.

Catton is leagues better of a skater, a passer and is a better shooter.
Compete level too, tbf. They don't play the same game but yes, tools-wise, Catton is ahead.

Imo, looking at comparable top5 picks the last few years, he's definitely ahead of Beniers, Johnson and Cooley. I also think he has everything that Will Smith has, with much better skating.

Nevins

Jul 12, 2014
I love the draft and the 2024 draft will be exciting, hopefully we get some more first and second round picks. However, I just realized that in 2025, the Canadian has 8 choices in the first 4 rounds, including 2 in each round. Let's close the parenthesis and return to the 2024 draft.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Anyone who watches the WHL quite frequently for years, why are players not exploding offensively when before it was such a defensive league?

Jaynki

Feb 3, 2014
Doubt Catton is available past top 5 with his performance. Maybe we win 1st or 2nd overall? That would be franchise altering.

As of right now, we pick 7th ov.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Doubt Catton is available past top 5 with his performance. Maybe we win 1st or 2nd overall? That would be franchise altering.

As of right now, we pick 7th ov.
Someone has to be. If it's not Catton it's gonna be someone else.

Anyone who watches the WHL quite frequently for years, why are players not exploding offensively when before it was such a defensive league?
Hard to say, scoring is up in all leagues pretty much. The OHL too.

The WHL is a lot less "grindy" than it used to be thats for sure.

Reactions: Sagikev

NekkiChiconey

Mar 17, 2016
Lisbon
Slightly worse overall. A bit faster skater and a bit of a better 20+ foot out shooter. The rest is heavily on Bensons side, he's just a much smarter player. Benson underrated tho.
Overall yeah, but Catton is a much, much better skater and shooter than benson. I wouldn't say the rest is "heavily" on Benson's side.

To be fair, Benson's contribution isn't measurable by his tools, so it's hard to compare imo.

Reactions: SlafySZN

Jaynki

Feb 3, 2014
Someone has to be. If it's not Catton it's gonna be someone else.
I would be ecstatic with any of Catton, Demidov, Eiserman.

I think big D like Dickinson, Silayev will go early too.

More than 95% of the time, at least one defenseman go top 5. 2024 will be no exception.

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I would be ecstatic with any of Catton, Demidov, Eiserman.

I think big D like Dickinson, Silayev will go early too.

More than 95% of the time, at least one defenseman go top 5. 2024 will be no exception.

I'm pretty confident that Dickinson is going high, looks like Silayev will too and Buium is gonna continue to rise. Levshunov going super high as well.

Plenty of opportunity for us to get an offensive piece.

Sherwoo9

Jul 17, 2018
He's not gonna fall to the 20s?
Probably not, he seems to be ranked from 8 to 14 from what I’ve seen…but he’s not gonna play a single game from here to the draft… when you have just 1 first rounder you might wanna go safer route with the plethora of good dman available, it’s not out of this world to think that he may fall a bit. Might be wishful thinking.

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
Who would you guys pick at number 2 if ever the Habs end up picking there? Do you go Eiserman? Or do you have any other favourites?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad