HF Habs: 2024 NHL Draft Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who do you want at #5?

• Tij Iginla

Votes: 209 49.5%
  • Cole Eiserman

Votes: 14 3.3%
  • Berkly Catton

Votes: 92 21.8%
  • Konsta Helenius

Votes: 13 3.1%
  • Beckett Sennecke

Votes: 75 17.8%
  • Zayne Parekh

Votes: 19 4.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Naslund

Jun 18, 2006
USA
Love MBN. Would make a nice top 6 with the current guys, as we could use his size (and skills) to play with Newhook.

Caufield-Dach-Slaf
MBN-Suzuki-Newhook

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
I doubt he goes top 5.

It is just so hard to say as there are so many good prospects who play different positions who aren't separated by much who a team might just prefer at the #5 spot.

I agree though, to say that Helenius will surely be picked in the top 5 would not be a great bet even though he could easily be justified at that pick.

covfefe

Zoltan Poszar's Burner
Feb 5, 2014
Not sure I've seen a more Detroit prospect than MBN. We might as well quit talking about him

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
People getting excited by yet another low ceiling forward when theres three literal plug and play first liner 🫠🫠🫠🫠

Every year without fail
Everyone’s excited about Celebrini, Demidov, Eiserman, Lindstrom.

Some are just realistic that we might draft too far for that.

Reactions: Sagikev and Naslund

Canadiens98

Jan 29, 2021
For those who've followed, what type of players are Berkly Catton and Cayden Lindstrom stylistically?

I know I've asked multiple questions about prospects in this chat and I appreciate the responses

Canadiens98

Jan 29, 2021
Cayden Lindstrom stylistically is Byfield

Catton stylistically is Stutzle
Both are very fun to watch for different reasons, Byfield looks really good this season. Definitely wouldn't mind adding either type to this group but feel Lindstrom may fit the top 6 more if that's the case

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
For those who've followed, what type of players are Berkly Catton and Cayden Lindstrom stylistically?

I know I've asked multiple questions about prospects in this chat and I appreciate the responses
Lindstrom is a lot like slightly better skating Cozens. Hes a pretty spotless player aside from his lack of vision and hes sometimes a bit soft for a big guy.

Catton reminds me 10/10 of Point. Maybe a bit less of a "pest".

Riggins

Jul 12, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Catton with 4 assists tonight including some sweet feeds... hope our scouts are watching and don't discount him because he's smallish.

I will say though, while he's listed at 5'11" he doesn't look anywhere close to that... he's probably in Bedard territory under 5'10" but without the build.

Last edited:

HuGort

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Catton with 4 assists tonight including some sweet feeds... hope our scouts are watching and don't discount him because he's smallish.

I will say though, while he's listed at 5'11" he doesn't look anywhere close to that... he's probably in Bedard territory under 5'10" but without the build.
Right now we draft around 8th. Pretty good chance Catton be there.

The things against Montreal choosing Catton are his size and Hughes partial for Euros.

Last edited:

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON

They have him at 5'11, 164 on his team's site, which is definitely pro wrestling it by quite a bit. 5ft9 and 150 is a lot more like it. Still, he's all sorts of talented.

Reactions: Riggins

NekkiChiconey

Mar 17, 2016
Lisbon
Right now we draft around 8th. Pretty good chance Catton be there.

The things against Montreal choosing Catton are his size and Hughes partial for Euros.
He's worth it. I would much rather draft Catton and add size on RW through trade/FA, than draft Nygard and try to find elite skill in trade/FA (not a knock on Nygard, I actually like him).

Catton - Dach - X
Caufield - Suzuki - Slaf

Provided X has size, this is not a small team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad