HF Habs: 2024 NHL Draft Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who do you want at #5?

• Tij Iginla

Votes: 209 49.5%
  • Cole Eiserman

Votes: 14 3.3%
  • Berkly Catton

Votes: 92 21.8%
  • Konsta Helenius

Votes: 13 3.1%
  • Beckett Sennecke

Votes: 75 17.8%
  • Zayne Parekh

Votes: 19 4.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
lidstrom or Catton? We'd need to finish in top 6 or 7 and hope a team or two picked a Dman

Both are very good offensive prospect. But Lindstrom is the player that he can be a complete force in NHL. His draft profile looks like McTavish so much. This guy is a top 3 talent in that draft.

If Habs pick 6 or 7, Catton or Helenius are the type of forward I want, for sure!

Reactions: Nevins

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
Both are very good offensive prospect. But Lindstrom is the player that he can be a complete force in NHL. His draft profile looks like McTavish so much. This guy is a top 3 talent in that draft.

If Habs pick 6 or 7, Catton or Helenius are the type of forward I want, for sure!
thx

NekkiChiconey

Mar 17, 2016
Lisbon
lidstrom or Catton? We'd need to finish in top 6 or 7 and hope a team or two picked a Dman
Flip-flopping between the 2. Both are great for different reasons.

Lindstrom; true power forward, more of a goalscorer than playmaker although he can do both. He's physical and can drive the net but i'm not sure if he will ever be the type to beat goalies from far out with his shot.

Catton; silky smooth, all-around offensive dynamo. Amazing playmaker and the shot is pretty underrated too. Not the biggest but he should get by with his skating and elusiveness.

Both are above average defensively at this stage. Catton is smarter, Lindstrom is more projectable. Realistically, Lindstrom should get picked before Catton, and I don't think we'll have a chance to select him.

Last edited:

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
View attachment 797087View attachment 797088https://twitter.com/steveewen/status/1376362115573841923?s=61&t=q1g47JddgyF2RK0-bL2XTQMazden Leslie is a RD(6’0’’)who began his junior career at age 15 in the WHL. Despite interesting stats last year (50 pts in 66 games with a differential of -1), in his first year of eligibility for the NHL draft, he was not selected. This year, he has 25 pts in 36 games .It seems to me to be a high risk, high reward type of selection...in the final round?
Followed Mazden's story as to why he wasn't drafted is because he's f***ing terrible in his own end. Like really, really, really bad.

A 6'1 RHD putting up 50 points in his draft year in the dub should have been a 2nd round pick at the worst.

Reactions: Nevins

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Do you know what Lindstrom injury is about and how long he is expected to be out?

He's listed by Medicine Hat as day-to-day with an upper body injury. He isn't expected to be out long-term, but he hasn't played since coming back from the Christmas break.

Also, there's no way Andrew Basha is a late 1st round pick. Every time I watch this kid I love him. He's going top 20. Great skater. Terrific shooter. A huge pain in the ass to play against. Travis Konecny clone, except he's 6 feet.

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
He's listed by Medicine Hat as day-to-day with an upper body injury. He isn't expected to be out long-term, but he hasn't played since coming back from the Christmas break.

Also, there's no way Andrew Basha is a late 1st round pick. Every time I watch this kid I love him. He's going top 20. Great skater. Terrific shooter. A huge pain in the ass to play against. Travis Konecny clone, except he's 6 feet.
Yep agree about Basha, could be a nice target if we get another 1st.

Nevins

Jul 12, 2014
Followed Mazden's story as to why he wasn't drafted is because he's f***ing terrible in his own end. Like really, really, really bad.

A 6'1 RHD putting up 50 points in his draft year in the dub should have been a 2nd round pick at the worst.
That's what I read about him....but improving his defense is easier than being good offensively. Maybe in the last round...Boom or Bust…

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
MH might be a powerhouse for 2 straight years. Basha Lindstrom and Mckenna have 2 years together after this one (unless basha or Lindstrom make their nhl teams before 20).
Indeed, they are already dominant offensively, it wont be fair for the league...

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
Flip-flopping between the 2. Both are great for different reasons.

Lindstrom; true power forward, more of a goalscorer than playmaker although he can do both. He's physical and can drive the net but i'm not sure if he will ever be the type to beat goalies from far out with his shot.

Catton; silky smooth, all-around offensive dynamo. Amazing playmaker and the shot is pretty underrated too. Not the biggest but he should get by with his skating and elusiveness.

Both are above average defensively at this stage. Catton is smarter, Lindstrom is more projectable. Realistically, Lindstrom should get picked before Catton, and I don't think we'll have a chance to select him.
thx for the analysis

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
What the lines typically for MH 5v5?
Usually this:

1000004172.jpg

But, Lindstrom has an upper body injury and is out. Wiesblatt has moved up to 1st line & has done really well there. Spilka up to 3rd line, or they move MacKenzie to 3rd line center & add a spare winger.

Medicine Hat is running away with the Central division, with a team that features 9 rookies, and I think 8 players with 2006-2008 birthdays. That's really young.

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
If we get another first Adam Jecho would be a guy i would really like.

Looks like he’s flying under the radar on the public side but i bet he’s higher on some scouts lists.

TheBuriedHab

Jan 27, 2010
I think I'd take MBN over both Catton and Helenius. He would be the perfect winger on a Dach line.

Top 10 you pick for unicorn traits. I don't see any with Helenius and Catton. Also small skilled players always fall out of the top 10.

TheBuriedHab

Jan 27, 2010
What's MBN's unicorn trait?
Combination of his size, shot, and how complete his game is without the puck.

He will be a top 10 pick imo. He has the tools to be a real powerforward.

Gorton has continued to talk about the need to get bigger. I think the Habs will be in a great spot going forward if they have Slaf, Dach and MBN in their top 6.

skidcells

May 11, 2023
Usually this:

View attachment 798548

But, Lindstrom has an upper body injury and is out. Wiesblatt has moved up to 1st line & has done really well there. Spilka up to 3rd line, or they move MacKenzie to 3rd line center & add a spare winger.

Medicine Hat is running away with the Central division, with a team that features 9 rookies, and I think 8 players with 2006-2008 birthdays. That's really young.
How much of Lindstrom production do you think is because of playing with McKenna ? Who typically drives play on that line? I imagine basha is the play driver 5v5 on his line?

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I think I'd take MBN over both Catton and Helenius. He would be the perfect winger on a Dach line.

Top 10 you pick for unicorn traits. I don't see any with Helenius and Catton. Also small skilled players always fall out of the top 10.

You don't get a lot of players with the clutch factor Catton as, and his ability to pass/shoot from high speeds.

I like MBN but there's no way you take him over Catton especially for the Habs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad