• Zayne Parekh

Votes: 19 4.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
Nah, he a thug. He doesn't give a f***.

Great post and I fully agree. We don't have that in the system. If we pick Buium I'll fully be on board. We don't have that in the system (future #1 D).

It's not something that teams pass for a W, unless that W is a guy like Demidov.

There was a time when the system was apparently too deep in goaltenders when Carey Price was drafted.

Good thing they still went ahead and picked him. He would have gone to Ottawa.

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
Dickinson-Yakemchuk is interesting

Americans in 1st round over 4.5 is free money no?

1000005072.jpg
1000005071.jpg

BergevinBurner

Sep 27, 2019

View attachment 884659View attachment 884658
I'm shocked that over is at +160.
Eiserman, Buium and Emery are all locks for the first round.

I can't see Connelly getting to the 2nd round, some team will take the gamble on him. Same goes for Hutson, especially with Lane's emergence since his draft.

Playmaker09

Sep 11, 2008

View attachment 884659View attachment 884658
I'd bet under.

There are six candidates:
Buium
Eiserman
Emery
Connelly
Stiga
Hutson

Buium and Eiserman are locks. Emery seems likely to have cemented a place in the 20s at the combine.
Connelly should be there, but may end up being DND for a lot of teams so who knows.
Stiga is unlikely due to his size and Hutson has almost zero chance.

Reactions: Team_Spirit

Habricot

Oct 22, 2017
If they were to pick Buium #5 I'm confident they'd have something else up their sleeve to get forward help.

A Buium-Reinbacher pairing sounds pretty damn good to me.

I remember reading we shouldn't even think about drafting Quinn Hughes because we already had Victor Mete.
I think trading Hutson and the winnipeg pick migth get us a decent forward or higher pick, then you pick Buium. The question you have to ask is are you better off with Hutson and Demidov/Iginla or you are better with Buium and the other guy you acquire?

Playmaker09

Sep 11, 2008
I think trading Hutson and the winnipeg pick migth get us a decent forward or higher pick, then you pick Buium. The question you have to ask is are you better off with Hutson and Demidov/Iginla or you are better with Buium and the other guy you acquire?
I'd imagine if it's something like that, the pick is Parekh not Buuim. Even with Hutson gone there's still a logjam at LD, one which Kent has publicly acknowledged.

Reactions: Habricot

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
JP Glaude said at BPM Sport that he doesn’t think the fact that Demidov is 6’1 and not 5’11 will change something for a guy ranked as high then him. Maybe it would have change something for a player ranked at the end of the 1st round

River Meadow

Mar 29, 2016
We had our chance to draft our superstar Russian winger last year and we didn’t.

Because we drafted Austrian superstar David Reinbecker.

JP Glaude said at BPM Sport that he doesn’t think the fact that Demidov is 6’1 and not 5’11 will change something for a guy ranked as high then him. Maybe it would have change something for a player ranked at the end of the 1st round

His devilish charm and boyish good looks will make a team pick him earlier now, duh.

BeliveauFan4ever

Apr 10, 2006
You want the next Makar, go Buium.

You want the next Hedman, go Silayev.

You want the next Karlsson, go Parekh.

It does not mean these players will reach their upside and it says nothing about their floor, but clearly, with their uncomparable draft year, their ceiling is that high.

No other forward in the draft class (beside Macklin obv) and no other D in this class has this type of mega upside.

Many, many great profile indeed. Some great fit for our top-6 need but no other players in the class, imo, has this type of upside. Well Demidov.
The gap between the prime Karlsson and prime Oste
If it's not one of then it's one of the Ds. There's a lot of talent in the top 20.
Your final list in a week or so?

Maitz

Aug 3, 2006
Montreal
I think it's the first year I am ok with whoever they take and think has the most potential. I trust that scouting and development team. They were right with Slaf and after watch Reinbacher in Laval I am sure they were right with him too, add Hutson Beck Engstrom Fowler to that

Reactions: ElQuebecois

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
The gap between the prime Karlsson and prime Oste

Your final list in a week or so?

Published this a few weeks ago, I'll have the updated version in a few days, I'll try to comment the first 20ish picks too. I've been watching a lot of Solberg and he's changing my data a bunch.

Reactions: BeliveauFan4ever

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
These comparisons for the defenseman are hilarious. Buium is Makar just without the generational skating (skating is an area of improvement not a strength) and elite shot.

Silayev is Hedman, just you know without the offensive game.

Parekh is Karlsson, if Karlsson was offensively only his shot.

Might as well say Demidov is Lafleur. Lindstrom is Lindros. Sennecke is Lemieux.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad