HF Habs: 2024 NHL Draft Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who do you want at #5?

• Tij Iginla

Votes: 209 49.5%
  • Cole Eiserman

Votes: 14 3.3%
  • Berkly Catton

Votes: 92 21.8%
  • Konsta Helenius

Votes: 13 3.1%
  • Beckett Sennecke

Votes: 75 17.8%
  • Zayne Parekh

Votes: 19 4.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mister Hab

Nov 21, 2018
Any love for (or info on) Tij Iginla here? (son of Jarome Iginla).
If we're picking between 8 and 12...would Tij Iginla (center/winger) be a good choice?
(or some of you see him going 15th or later?).

Cheers

habsfan891

Jun 24, 2012
Nova Scotia
If we're picking between 8 and 12...would Tij Iginla (center/winger) be a good choice?

Cheers
Personally there will be better forwards available and if there isn't it means every team ahead of us picked a forward and we run away with one of the top defenseman of the draft

Reactions: Frank JT

HabsForHire

"Expect the unexpected"
Sep 21, 2011
CT
hypothetically, say the habs get lucky and pick at #2 with Celebrini gone who do you take ?

I've seen some say Eiserman has dropped a bit

Garnet76

Dec 3, 2017
Chatham Ontario

Cheers
I havent seen a lot of him but like what I saw. He's very young for a draftees as well. I think he's an option starting around the 10-12th pick.

Reactions: Mister Hab

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
hypothetically, say the habs get lucky and pick at #2 with Celebrini gone who do you take ?

I've seen some say Eiserman has dropped a bit
Personally, I probably take Lindstrom at this point because of our team build.

I see it this way though - if San Jose, Chicago, or Anaheim is picking 2nd, they have to go with Eiserman. They all just picked amazing playmaking centers and they need someone who can rack up the goals.

Columbus is interesting because they could use help everywhere offensively, but I could see them going with Lindstrom over Eiserman because they already have shooters and Lindstrom-Fantilli would be such a physical dominating 1st line.

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York
Demidov.
Eiserman
Catton
Levshunov
Lindstrom

In that order, for the habs, i think.

The Habs need to score goals.

Would also take Demidov as a 2nd offensive choice. We need a X factor and Demidov might be just what the doctor ordered. Eiserman and Caufield on the same team is too much of the same ingredient. Catton doesn't really change the team.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
MBN is better than Tij.

MBN is also almost a full year older than Tij. He has an early October birthday & is already 18. Tij doesn't turn 18 til next August. He also barely played in Seattle last year, as he saw limited 4th line playing time for a team trying for a Memorial Cup. 25 goals in 32 games is a hell of a rise for Tij. Kid has a lot of development time left.

Jaynki

Feb 3, 2014
MBN is also almost a full year older than Tij. He has an early October birthday & is already 18. Tij doesn't turn 18 til next August. He also barely played in Seattle last year, as he saw limited 4th line playing time for a team trying for a Memorial Cup. 25 goals in 32 games is a hell of a rise for Tij. Kid has a lot of development time left.

Tij is the homerun pick past the 1st group of forward. Parekh on D.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Tij is the homerun pick past the 1st group of forward. Parekh on D.

MBN is the better 3 zone player right now, but Tij has some high quality shooting skills & isn't a perimeter player. I believe the consistency will come with him. I told @Goldenhands that I see this season as a rookie season for Tij because he played so little for Seattle last season.

We'll see what the backhalf of the season brings for him. He's really young age wise & experience wise.

NekkiChiconey

Mar 17, 2016
Lisbon
MBN is the better 3 zone player right now, but Tij has some high quality shooting skills & isn't a perimeter player. I believe the consistency will come with him. I told @Goldenhands that I see this season as a rookie season for Tij because he played so little for Seattle last season.

We'll see what the backhalf of the season brings for him. He's really young age wise & experience wise.
If production keeps up he will definitely rise on public lists. He's probably already rising on most teams' lists. I wouldn't be surprised if he's picked before Eiserman or Demidov honestly.

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
Draft age only matters when it fits our arguments

ChesterNimitz

governed by the principle of calculated risk
Jul 4, 2002
Would also take Demidov as a 2nd offensive choice. We need a X factor and Demidov might be just what the doctor ordered. Eiserman and Caufield on the same team is too much of the same ingredient. Catton doesn't really change the team.
As I posted earlier: if we have a chance to draft Demidov and don’t, we’re crazy.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
With Coles seemingly lost capacity to put it in, I wouldn't care much.

Would we really risk missing out on a superior talent than Cole because we have Cole?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad