HF Habs: 2024 NHL Draft Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who do you want at #5?

• Tij Iginla

Votes: 209 49.5%
  • Cole Eiserman

Votes: 14 3.3%
  • Berkly Catton

Votes: 92 21.8%
  • Konsta Helenius

Votes: 13 3.1%
  • Beckett Sennecke

Votes: 75 17.8%
  • Zayne Parekh

Votes: 19 4.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

calder candidate

Feb 25, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
Aatos Koivu at eliteprospects.comThe son of Saku Koivu will be eligible for the 2024 draft. He is a 6´0´´ center.Aatos Koivu.
We wasted a bunch pick a bunch on overagers or guy that weren’t listed anywhere… So I would not mind picking him up late 3rd early 4th that where i have him rank right now anyway.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
After more research, my wishlist as of 21/12:

Celebrini
---
Lindstrom
Catton
---
Demidov
Eiserman
Helenius
---
Parekh
Dickinson

I prefer Lindstrom and Catton to Will Smith, but they're not on Carlsson/Fantilli level.
Ya it really was a top 3 draft last year given Michkov's situation. I did read some IQ concerns about Lindstrom, but tough to pass up on that size, skating, goal-scoring talent, and physicality.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
We need wingers. We do. That is a NEED. Yet...come our pick....you have a choice between...

Buium
Connolly
Brandsegg-Nygard
Chernyskov
Artamonov

You really have the luxury to just pass over Buium?

Jaynki

Feb 3, 2014
We need wingers. We do. That is a NEED. Yet...come our pick....you have a choice between...

Buium
Connolly
Brandsegg-Nygard
Chernyskov
Artamonov

You really have the luxury to just pass over Buium?

Disregard the name and specific favourites,

If the BPA is a LD at our spot, we should draft a LD and figure the other problem after.

Going by needs led us to KK over two franchise player.

Going with a BPA mentality gave us a franchise goalie despite us already having a vezina winning goalie.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
That pick is actually saved for Marty's son though he is having a good freshman season at Brown

not sure if serious, his son at Brown is too old for the draft, his son in the USHL that is slated to go to Harvard was passed over last year but he's eligible for this draft and if not picked then in '25 as well.

Reactions: Nevins

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003

If the BPA is a LD at our spot, we should draft a LD and figure the other problem after.

Going with a BPA mentality gave us a franchise goalie despite us already having a vezina winning goalie.
My question had to have the names. 'Cause as everybody knows I will ALWAYS choose BPA rather then needs. What needs to be determined by myself...for my own fun....is what kind of gap are we looking at between the players I mentioned so that a need could also be considered BPA. Possible that it's not that big.

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014
I want Levshunov if available and Lindstrom/Celebrini/Eiserman are gone.

Mailloux/Barron ain't good enough for the top 4 at RD.

Frank JT

Feb 8, 2014
I want Levshunov if available and Lindstrom/Celebrini/Eiserman are gone.

Mailloux/Barron ain't good enough for the top 4 at RD.
Reinbacher is. Bogdan Konyushkov is also promising. Too soon to say for Mailloux.
I'm theoretically for BPA. But, it's not that often that teams trade blue chip prospects.
That being said, I'm not against picking Levshunov if PBA.

A promising G of 19y old for later rounds.

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
Kiviharju will be the BPA and we will reach for Brandsegg Nygard, Demidov will be off the table by January due to character/Russia concerns.

There I saved a year's worth of discussion
Damn did I predict the future again, post from July

IMO Buium looks like Shea Theodore

Frank JT

Feb 8, 2014

On Cayden Lindstrom
Some + and - (or questions) on him.
Vibes of Slafkovsky, P.-L. Dubois, Kreider.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nevins

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006

Hope when you say two franchise players you mean Hughes and Dobson, not Tkachuk :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad