HF Habs: 2024 NHL Draft Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who do you want at #5?

• Tij Iginla

Votes: 209 49.5%
  • Cole Eiserman

Votes: 14 3.3%
  • Berkly Catton

Votes: 92 21.8%
  • Konsta Helenius

Votes: 13 3.1%
  • Beckett Sennecke

Votes: 75 17.8%
  • Zayne Parekh

Votes: 19 4.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
He won't fall out of the top 10 since there is no one to make him fall.

I think we will be drafting in the top 10 as we are currently 11th when adjusting for GP disparity and Edmonton, Detroit, Buffalo and even Ottawa could all still pass us. We are sitting far higher than our goal differential would suggest and the second half is where the cream rises. We are also likely to be sellers to some extent and with both Dach and Newhook gone we can't afford any more significant injuries. I am going to predict the 8th slot before the lottery balls roll.

Nevins

Jul 12, 2014
https://theathletic.com/4981980/2023/11/08/nhl-draft-2024-prospects/
IMG_3142.png

HuGort

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
MBN is the better 3 zone player right now, but Tij has some high quality shooting skills & isn't a perimeter player. I believe the consistency will come with him. I told @Goldenhands that I see this season as a rookie season for Tij because he played so little for Seattle last season.

We'll see what the backhalf of the season brings for him. He's really young age wise & experience wise.
What's your opinion on drafting second generation players high in draft?

Mister Hab

Nov 21, 2018
Personally there will be better forwards available and if there isn't it means every team ahead of us picked a forward and we run away with one of the top defenseman of the draft
Thanks for the info (on Tij Iginla).

You guys know more than me, but I'm already intrigued by Tij Iginla (son of Jarome Iginla). Still...I have to do more research/video-watching on the prospects from 5 to 15 spots.

Early prediction...Tij goes top 7-8.... and our Habs pick between 9-12!! (Darn it!! I would like our Habs to at least be in a position to draft Tij Iginla). I don't want our Habs to pick between 13th and 15th...I'd much prefer top 10 (or between 6 and 9).

Next season (imo) is better to go for playoffs...especially if all our centers, key players stay healthy (ex: Kirby Dach, Newhook, etc).

Last edited:
Reactions: habsfan891

Mister Hab

Nov 21, 2018
I havent seen a lot of him (Tij Iginla) but like what I saw. He's very young for a draftees as well. I think he's an option starting around the 10-12th pick.
I really hope we have a chance at drafting Tij Iginla.

If we're picking between 10 and 12....I really really hope Tij is there.
(I'm afraid he might be selected before the 10th spot...I hope I'm wrong ; I just hope we have a chance at selecting him).

Tij Iginla (son of Jarome Iginla) with our 1st rnd pick....and Aaatos Koivu (son of Saku Koivu) with our 3rd or 4th or 5th rnd pick....would be great!!

Cheers

Reactions: Garnet76

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
Sure, but I really don't get this idea that the Habs won't draft Russians. I do understand that they will weigh risk vs reward though... which maybe was what the OP was talking about.
We are also the only organization in years to not have a single Russian player on the NHL or AHL team

If people think this team won't pass on Demidov in the top-3 and most likely top-10 idrk what to say

Reactions: ReHabs

HuGo boss

Apr 7, 2022
We are also the only organization in years to not have a single Russian player on the NHL or AHL team

If people think this team won't pass on Demidov in the top-3 and most likely top-10 idrk what to say
Did you forget about the superstars in dadonov and gurinov??

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
Sure, but I really don't get this idea that the Habs won't draft Russians. I do understand that they will weigh risk vs reward though... which maybe was what the OP was talking about.
No doubt. There is no risk in drafting Russians late rounds since most of those kids will likely bust anyway, thats quite different than skipping on a potential top 6 foward or top 4 defenseman early in the draft in favor of Russians, who might never come over.

Early last year I said that there is no limit at what Putin can do and that I wouldnt be surprised if they go as far as retaining their best young players, it was way before what happened to Michkov's dad.

HuGort

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
How does that matter? You base it on BPA & go from there. It's not like he's the 1st player in this situation. In fact, it occurs quite frequently these days.
Seems like we drafted a lot of them before and they either underachieved or never lasted long. Plus traded for a couple

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad