HF Habs: 2024 NHL Draft Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who do you want at #5?

• Tij Iginla

Votes: 209 49.5%
  • Cole Eiserman

Votes: 14 3.3%
  • Berkly Catton

Votes: 92 21.8%
  • Konsta Helenius

Votes: 13 3.1%
  • Beckett Sennecke

Votes: 75 17.8%
  • Zayne Parekh

Votes: 19 4.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hannibal

Fear the Weber
Feb 11, 2007
I would be very cautious with Finland prospect. Ever since the Laine-Poolparty, pretty much all hype top finland prospect pretty much busted. Don’t know why, but i would stay away from that.

Poolparty
KK
Joakim Kemell
Kakko
Tolvanen.
Lambert
Etc

Only Heiskanen lived up to the hype.

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

DiglettDangles

Feb 15, 2020
Montreal
I would be very cautious with Finland prospect. Ever since the Laine-Poolparty, pretty much all hype top finland prospect pretty much busted. Don’t know why, but i would stay away from that.

Poolparty
KK
Joakim Kemell
Kakko
Tolvanen.
Lambert
Etc

It's 95% irrational (not 100% because it can be a systemic trend) but I have the same fear with Helenius.
Especially since he's not very big.

bopeep

Jan 22, 2004
bc
I really like the prospect pool of Habs. I just hope that we are going to draft a top forward with that high pick in 2024. So far I have a big crush on Cayden Lindstrom. Habs need to get bigger on front, but with talent. Slaf, Dach and Lindstrom?!?!?!. That's going to be insane !
Agreed. I'm trying to be patient looking toward the '25 draft with all their own selections, so far, along with the probable Flames 1st, Pittsburgh's 2nd, Vancouver's 3rd and the Wings 4th. That's some serious draft capital that gives them some flexibility - either making the picks or trading them for other pieces.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Kind of a weird moment to do a name change/rebrand, you'd expect it to be more of an opening day, big hoopla sort of thing. Not that it's a huge change mind you, it's just strange that they're not making much of a deal out of it. FWIW, it seems like a fine idea to me, they should have done it years ago.

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013

Poolparty
KK
Joakim Kemell
Kakko
Tolvanen.
Lambert
Etc

They had a huge rebirth for a while between rantanen, Barkov, Aho, hintz, etc. now they're back to bustville like they were after Mikko koivu for like ten years.

Lundell is probably a bigger underperformer than most of your list too. He was a can't miss 1c and should have went higher according to many.

Sucks for them there were no Olympics, they would have medalled in 2022 but 2026 isn't looking as kind.

Reactions: Hannibal

crosbyshow

Aug 25, 2017
Keeping Quebec in the name and switching *major* with Maritimes is perfect.

Long overdue change, imo. Leroux reaction is surprising, Lavoie not so much.
So the Ohl will do the same with their states teams? Yeah cause there is 3 teams in the states in the OHL.

I would be surprise to.see people reaction if they call the league for example...oushl...

NekkiChiconey

Mar 17, 2016
Lisbon
They had a huge rebirth for a while between rantanen, Barkov, Aho, hintz, etc. now they're back to bustville like they were after Mikko koivu for like ten years.

Lundell is probably a bigger underperformer than most of your list too. He was a can't miss 1c and should have went higher according to many.

Sucks for them there were no Olympics, they would have medalled in 2022 but 2026 isn't looking as kind.
Nah, Lundell wasn't that and there were legitimate concerns about his offensive upside. Come draft time, he was ranked around 10th across the board.

I will agree though that a lot of players seem to be performing well in Finland only to be underwhelming on this side of the pond. Is the league weaker? I don't think so. Maybe the style of play that allows them to succeed isn't representative of NA hockey.

Reactions: Estimated_Prophet

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
Nah, Lundell wasn't that and there were legitimate concerns about his offensive upside. Come draft time, he was ranked around 10th across the board.

I will agree though that a lot of players seem to be performing well in Finland only to be underwhelming on this side of the pond. Is the league weaker? I don't think so. Maybe the style of play that allows them to succeed isn't representative of NA hockey.
Agreed, Lundell was never a "can't miss 1C" and was always projected as a very good two way, middle of the line up center with 2c upside and a 3c floor.

bcv

My french sucks.
Sep 18, 2010
So the Ohl will do the same with their states teams? Yeah cause there is 3 teams in the states in the OHL.

I would be surprise to.see people reaction if they call the league for example...oushl...
Always resorting to whataboutism.

The Q is part of the Canadian Hockey League and the maritimes are part of Canada, only makes sense to include it in the name.

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016

We didnt even have to change the acronym, it remains the LHJMQ, they are only changing major by maritimes. Seriously I dont see the big deal, maritimes have 6 teams, what represents the tier of the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad