HF Habs: 2024 NHL Draft Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who do you want at #5?

• Tij Iginla

Votes: 209 49.5%
  • Cole Eiserman

Votes: 14 3.3%
  • Berkly Catton

Votes: 92 21.8%
  • Konsta Helenius

Votes: 13 3.1%
  • Beckett Sennecke

Votes: 75 17.8%
  • Zayne Parekh

Votes: 19 4.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
You seem (or at least seemed) to have a strong opinion about goals to assists ratios. Cayden Lindstrom aside, I was interested if you had done any analysis or had any historical context that led you to that opinion. I think there's value in that kind of analysis and discussion. Everyone has an opinion, but not everyone shows their work on how they came to their opinion. To me at least it's the posts that back up their opinions that are the most interesting and valuable (at least as much as there's value in anything we discuss on a message board dedicated to hockey prospects 😋).
Totally fine with players who score more than psss. Goal scoring is a rarer and more important skill.

Reactions: jaffy27

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I would love for Hughes to trade up to number 2 only to draft Helenius.

It would be like a dream scenario.

The absolute chaos on these boards would be incredible.
The Master of Disappointments strikes again. :laugh:

You live to see fans on this forum suffer. That’s incredibly sad. :sarcasm:

Now, please tell me how you have perfected this finest of art forms so I too can routinely spread the same type of cheer.

:m-dance:

CAUFIELD

Oct 16, 2015
I’d be really happy with one of Demidov , Lindstrom, Dickinson and Leshunov obviously.

I’d be fine with Iginla or Catton

Please no Senneke. Reminds me of KK situation.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
Montréal is prepping for prettiest team. He is the pick 100%!

Missing out on Smith last draft was a huge let down for that reason

1717645647854.png

Reactions: Sam de Mtl

bopeep

Jan 22, 2004
bc
The Master of Disappointments strikes again. :laugh:

You live to see fans on this forum suffer. That’s incredibly sad. :sarcasm:

Now, please tell me how you have perfected this finest of art forms so I too can routinely spread the same type of cheer.

:m-dance:
"It is impossible to achieve the aim without suffering..." In order to eliminate suffering, one must relinquish desire. Hockey: 12 players skating... no winners nor losers, just men in equipment gliding upon the ice, endlessly. Eternal. Ommmm....

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
I’d be really happy with one of Demidov , Lindstrom, Dickinson and Leshunov obviously.

I’d be fine with Iginla or Catton

Please no Senneke. Reminds me of KK situation.
The thing with KK is that the entire hype was created by a 7 game sample size at the U18. He was bad in the Liiga playoffs, he didn’t end his season very well.

Sennecke’s hype is based on his final ~40 games. He just continuously got stronger as the season went on.

I don’t think they are comparable. If we are talking the clumsy looking physicality, notice that Sennecke doesn’t actually fall. KK was called Bambi for a reason.

A Loyal Demidog

Marc Bergevin's Bitch
Oct 20, 2016
Everything about Dickinson screams #1 defenseman in the NHL: Skill, size, attitude, pedigree...

He has a very high floor and is very low risk. I'm not surprised to hear that the Hawks may take him at #2.
I really hope if no one takes him before us, Kent Hughes grabs him. He's a surefire top D. Everyone else has some question marks.

ReHabs

Sponsor
Jan 18, 2022
I really hope if no one takes him before us, Kent Hughes grabs him. He's a surefire top D. Everyone else has some question marks.
As annoying as it is that Hughes went with the D-man last year, Dickinson really does seem like a "can't pass on him" prospect.

Is a d-corps that pushes Guhle to 4D overkill? Possibly. Do I want to see it anyway? Yes.

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
Everything about Dickinson screams #1 defenseman in the NHL: Skill, size, attitude, pedigree...

He has a very high floor and is very low risk. I'm not surprised to hear that the Hawks may take him at #2.
Dickinson will be the traditional pick for a team like CHI, who has a potentially generational C. I do understand the idea of getting a winger for Bedard, but long term the Hawks will want a 1D and everything they say about Dickinson is true he's the guy.

I'm getting a very good feeling about this draft, specifically that at least 2 of CHI/ANA/CLB will take D men, leaving Hughes with Demidov/Lindstrom. If all three take D, Demidov could be franchise changing. Imagine even 75% of Kucherov's ability, and what it would do to the production of our best young players? This will be a good draft, and I think we'll be happy with whoever we get. This year is lacking the anxiety minus Sennecke, who is intruiging but IMO not enough to displace Demidov/Lindstrom

ReHabs

Sponsor
Jan 18, 2022
Hughes likely would have chosen Michkov last year if he knew he was going to break his Russian contract
I think Bobrov or Hughes himself would’ve known. I think they simply weren’t interested in Michkov at 5 knowing that one of the top4 (who were just as good and safer, as prospects) and their boy Reinbacher were available. Once they settled on that it seemed like smooth sailing.

Picaroon

Apr 6, 2008
New Brunswick
I'm surprised there isn't much talk about moving up to Anaheim's pick since they seem to want a defenseman. If CHI takes a D-man and CLB is going forward, would ANA not be interested in getting extra assets while still being able to take their guy at 5? Then the Habs can have their pick of the forwards (Demidov).

CHarlie

They feed me CHicken
Feb 3, 2012
Ontario
I dont agree with moving up when your picking 5th in a deep draft. I mean you better be 100% that the player you want is going to be a superstar and if so Im not sure the 4 other teams above you are that stupid to pass on such a player defence or offense.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
Hughes likely would have chosen Michkov last year if he knew he was going to break his Russian contract
IMO HuGo did not expect the team to be bottom-5 this past season, and they likely wouldn’t have been if Dach was not lost in game 2 - they went w the hardest & potentially most important position to fill during roster construction… top pairing Dman (RDman no less)

IMO it was all about the calculation of which prospect factoring in their projected NHL role would have greatest impact while taking into consideration expected TOI, game situational play, difficulty of position etc

Michkov’s alleged lack of all around game potentially limiting game situational TOI + being a W vs C/D etc played against his ranking w the org

Last edited:

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
The thing with KK is that the entire hype was created by a 7 game sample size at the U18. He was bad in the Liiga playoffs, he didn’t end his season very well.

Sennecke’s hype is based on his final ~40 games. He just continuously got stronger as the season went on.

I don’t think they are comparable. If we are talking the clumsy looking physicality, notice that Sennecke doesn’t actually fall. KK was called Bambi for a reason.

I agree with this.

KK should have been drafted 10-15 in a weaker draft than this one. Sennecke should be drafted 8-13 range in this draft which is stronger. Not the same type of players at all but I will say Sennecke should not be taken in the top 7.

I dont agree with moving up when your picking 5th in a deep draft. I mean you better be 100% that the player you want is going to be a superstar and if so Im not sure the 4 other teams above you are that stupid to pass on such a player defence or offense.

Same here. Stupid to trade the pick and think you can take what is left or the guy you are after will still be there. Assemble the draft board and take BPA according to our draft board when the 5th pick comes. There will be some gems to take.

Then focus at trying to get another pick from 8-13 range.

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
"It is impossible to achieve the aim without suffering..." In order to eliminate suffering, one must relinquish desire. Hockey: 12 players skating... no winners nor losers, just men in equipment gliding upon the ice, endlessly. Eternal. Ommmm....
Grasshopper, Alan Watts would be proud of you if pride wasn't a trap designed to inflict more suffering.

• Haha
Reactions: bopeep and Andrei79

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal

Besides Sennecke can skate. Only of late has KK managed to look like he can go once around the rink without taking a spill.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad