HF Habs: 2024 NHL Draft Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who do you want at #5?

• Tij Iginla

Votes: 209 49.5%
  • Cole Eiserman

Votes: 14 3.3%
  • Berkly Catton

Votes: 92 21.8%
  • Konsta Helenius

Votes: 13 3.1%
  • Beckett Sennecke

Votes: 75 17.8%
  • Zayne Parekh

Votes: 19 4.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Genghis Keon

Apr 1, 2002
Visit site
What explains Lindstrom's more goals than assists? It's unheard of for a very good player in the NHL to have more Gs than As.
Relatively recent relatively highly thought of prospects who had more goals than assists in their draft year: there was Leonard last year, obviously Caufield and Debrincat. Stamkos, Jeff Skinner and Jordan Eberle as well.

Do you have some examples of relatively high end prospects who had more goals than assists in their draft year and didn't turn out well (relative to their draft spot)?

Jack Skellington

Sep 29, 2017
Relatively recent relatively highly thought of prospects who had more goals than assists in their draft year: there was Leonard last year, obviously Caufield and Debrincat. Stamkos, Jeff Skinner and Jordan Eberle as well.

Do you have some examples of relatively high end prospects who had more goals than assists in their draft year and didn't turn out well (relative to their draft spot)?
i remember alot of people here really wanted Julien Gauthier who seems to be struggling. Tippett was another one who seems to be turning out quite well on the other hand.

ReHabs

Sponsor
Jan 18, 2022

If you definite the parameters more closely I would be inclined to look into it but I tend to have a problem of fixating on a topic or player and it tends to piss people off. I'm staying away from talking about Lindstrom specifically but I welcome you to look into their pre-draft sh% and their NHL career sh% and see if there is any connection between success and failure and the delta in the %.

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
What explains Lindstrom's more goals than assists? It's unheard of for a very good player in the NHL to have more Gs than As.

Ovechkin, Caufield, Mathews, Hull, Stamkos, Nash, Laine, Seguin, Ciccarelli, Kreider, Neely, Shutt, Maruk, Tavares, Hyman, Bossy, Richer, Andreychuk, Debrincat, Point, Robitaille, Nieuwendyk, Goulet, Gartner, Kurri, Kerr, Shanahan, Bellows, Bure etc and many, many more have all put up seasons with more goals than assists in a season and in most if not all in multiple seasons. It is about unheard of as the existence of the earth.

I literally just named these players in a flow where the next name just appeared in my head before I finished typing the previous name lol. I am sure that I am missing tons of great examples but don't want to start another chain by thinking about it. :help:

Last edited:

ReHabs

Sponsor
Jan 18, 2022
Ovechkin, Caufield, Mathews, Hull, Stamkos, Nash, Laine, Seguin, Ciccarelli, Kreider, Neely, Shutt, Maruk, Tavares, Hyman, Bossy, Richer, Andreychuk, Debrincat, Point, Robitaille, Nieuwendyk, Goulet, Gartner, Kurri, Kerr, Shanahan, Bellows, Bure etc and many, many more have all put up seasons with more goals than assists in a season and in most if not all in multiple seasons. It is about unheard of as the existence of the earth.

I literally just named these players in a flow where the next name just appeared in my head before I finished typing the previous name lol. I am sure that I am missing tons of great examples but don't want to start another chain by thinking about it. :help:
Now do it as a % of all players ;)

You got me though, it's not as rare as I figured. It's very rare but among high-end players less rare than it seems.

Aw man, he even compares his game to Clayton Keller. It's going to SUCK to have to root for him as a Calgary Flame or something annoying like that.

Omar

Oct 10, 2017
I'm the one who keeps some reserves before suggesting this management is filled with player development masterminds and that Bobrov/Lapointe picks have warranted us blindling trusting them.

And supposedly I'm the one who needs to relax? lol. Take your own advice buddy.

I'm not the one playing the "well if they pick a player they should get our full trust" card.

If you feel comfortable being in awe in front of Lapointe and Bobrov after all of two NHL games from a pick, that should tell you more about your need to relax than mine.
Hfboards is not that serious man. Chill

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
ya me too.
can find one on the shelf yet. I will stop and check today
I haven’t bought them in a while but I’m hearing good things about The Black Book, very exhaustive and probably exhausting all at once.

I bought Kyle Woodlief’s draft guide a couple of years back. Ordered the paper version only to find out it was printed on red sheets, that made it a chore to read.

On the positive side, Woodlief is a caring guy and he’ll respond if you write him. And his comments and takes are a lot of fun to read and are nothing like you’re used to. He even throws some humor in there.

On the downside, it was expensive for the few pages I got, don’t know if it’s changed.

If you buy Woodlief’s Red Line draft guide, take the online version and print it yourself.

G0bias

Oct 4, 2007
MTL

A big part is his environment the role he was expected to play. Basha likes to control the puck alot, this didn't let Lindstrom take on more of a playmaking role. He managed to adapt and this was a big reason that line was so dangerous.

His shooting percentage being higher than average is a smaller part, but that's not uncommon for goal scorers in juniors.

Reactions: Ozmodiar and ReHabs

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017
A big part is his environment the role he was expected to play. Basha likes to control the puck alot, this didn't let Lindstrom take on more of a playmaking role. He managed to adapt and this was a big reason that line was so dangerous.

His shooting percentage being higher than average is a smaller part, but that's not uncommon for goal scorers in juniors.
Was gonna write the same thing. Basha’s the playmaker/distributor on that line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad