HF Habs: 2024 NHL Draft Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who do you want at #5?

• Tij Iginla

Votes: 209 49.5%
  • Cole Eiserman

Votes: 14 3.3%
  • Berkly Catton

Votes: 92 21.8%
  • Konsta Helenius

Votes: 13 3.1%
  • Beckett Sennecke

Votes: 75 17.8%
  • Zayne Parekh

Votes: 19 4.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Frank JT

Feb 8, 2014
Well let’s hope that’s the case. I still think the Jackets are quite loaded defensively and will lean to take a forward. Not only are Mateychuk and Jiricek their best prospects, they also have Svozil and Ceulemans behind them. They need good wingers, Demidov is the perfect player for them.
Or Lindstrom (as winger)

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
If Chicago passes, there's a path. Anaheim should go Silayev or Dickinson. Columbus could take the other.
I believe Chicago would opt for that #1 D over a #1 winger….especially when you factor in the size of those D’s

Silayev
Levshunov
Dickinson
Buium (smaller stature then the others)

Can’t envision the Hawks passing over one of these studs.

That leaves us with one of Lindstrom/Demidov and that should pretty much solidify our top 6.

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I believe Chicago would opt for that #1 D over a #1 winger….especially when you factor in the size of those D’s

Silayev
Levshunov
Dickinson
Buium (smaller stature then the others)

Can’t envision the Hawks passing over one of these studs.

That leaves us with one of Lindstrom/Demidov and that should pretty much solidify our top 6.

Still need Silayev or Dickinson or Buium or Parekh or Yakemchuk to go ahead of us. Otherwise it's Sennecke or Iginla

Reactions: jaffy27

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville

Brock Otten's final top 50 out of the OHL list is now out. As usual, he's the go-to reference for that league, in my book at least.
Ben Danford is someone I would like with our 3rd round pick. Him or Tomas Lavoie to add on the RD depth

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
How so?

Pierre Gauthier was GM when the org decided not to offer Fischer a contract back in 2010 - 4-years post draft. MB was named GM in 2012

BTW, as Pat Hickey reported pre-2006 draft, it was Gauthier, then AGM, who was spending a lot of time watching Minny High School games

Per CBA: Habs had to make Fischer a bona fide offer of a SPC (Standard Player Contract) that would be declined, in order to gain compensation which the org didn’t
I know there was a big fight at the draft table between Pierre Gauthier who wanted David Fisher and Andre Savard who wanted Claude Giroux and Gainey decided to go with the Dmen

Doublechin

Jun 23, 2013
I know there was a big fight at the draft table between Pierre Gauthier who wanted David Fisher and Andre Savard who wanted Claude Giroux and Gainey decided to go with the Dmen
First I hear of this

If legitimate, wish he would have been a real ghost lol instead of just having it as a nickname

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Not 2024 related but I see the Remparts traded to get the 1st overall pick in the QMJHL draft, and it’s to select Maddox Dagenais, son of Pierre. He’s 16 and already 6’3. I hope he skates better than his dad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad