HF Habs: 2024 NHL Draft Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who do you want at #5?

• Tij Iginla

Votes: 209 49.5%
  • Cole Eiserman

Votes: 14 3.3%
  • Berkly Catton

Votes: 92 21.8%
  • Konsta Helenius

Votes: 13 3.1%
  • Beckett Sennecke

Votes: 75 17.8%
  • Zayne Parekh

Votes: 19 4.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
First I hear of this

If legitimate, wish he would have been a real ghost lol instead of just having it as a nickname

It was Vaugh Karpan not Pierre Gauthier my mistake

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
McKeen's just released their final rankings:

- Sennecke at #14
- 4 forwards in the top 5
- Demidov and Lindstrom in the top 4

It won't play out this way, but even if it did, I would be more than fine with Iginla at 5.

Honestly, it's great to see Iginla starting to get the recognition he deserves as these sites start releasing their final rankings.

There were a lot of posters calling him a reach where we were picking a month ago and for some reason were referring to his rankings which were from mid season or even earlier. Just for refence, he was ranked 12th by Mckeen's in their last ranking which was from February.

Habsrule

Jun 13, 2004
This is my order of preference as of today. I would be happy with any of these eight picks.

Celebrini
Demidov
Lindstrom
Levshunov
Dickinson
Silayev
Buium
Iginla

Obviously Celebrini is not an option but I have 4 of the next 7 players I want as defencemen. I’d rather pick a potential game changing top pair defenceman over a more needed top six forward like a Sennecke, Helenius or Catton.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Still need Silayev or Dickinson or Buium or Parekh or Yakemchuk to go ahead of us. Otherwise it's Sennecke or Iginla
ya, not sure about Sennecke but many posters including yourself are pretty high on him so I guess I’m ok with him also. (I’ve never seen him play)

Iginla I’d be very happy with but as I previously stated, I just can’t envision Chicago passing over one of my aforementioned D.

All questions will be answered soon enough.

Reactions: Runner77

Bacchus1

Fill the net!
Sep 10, 2007
Montreal
He simply wasn't an NHL player. In fact he wasn't even an AHL calibre player. It was a bad pick and he didn't develop as a UMinn Gopher. It also sounds like he didn't have good work as well. Sometimes it's on the player.
You might be right. But the fact is that our organization has struggled developing talent, and Fischer is a perfect example. Now, if we had done right by him we could say definitively that it was all on the player. But leaving a young man from a single parent family who lost his mother to cancer to fend for himself without guidance is not the type of development that I think leads to success.

At the 2006 draft, iirc a few teams had Fischer listed as “do not draft” - wasn’t the CBJ GM (MacLean?) caught on camera laughing at the pick? Maybe I’m mixing it up with another pick
Serge Savard trades Chris Chelios because he thought Chelios’ career would be over after 2 years. He was wrong. Chelios played for almost 2 more DECADES. Sometimes experts are wrong in their prognostications.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
This is my order of preference as of today. I would be happy with any of these eight picks.

Celebrini
Demidov
Lindstrom
Levshunov
Dickinson
Silayev
Buium
Iginla

Obviously Celebrini is not an option but I have 4 of the next 7 players I want as defencemen. I’d rather pick a potential game changing top pair defenceman over a more needed top six forward like a Sennecke, Helenius or Catton.

I'm inching towards that conclusion as well. Except I'd put Eiserman in the same tier as Demidov and Lindstrom.

I have Buium and Dickinson over the next tier of fwds (Iggy, Catton etc.)

Reactions: Habsrule

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Jarome Iginla on the position his son is gunning for:

Il a d’ailleurs révélé que si le jeune homme est capable de jouer à l’aile, ce dernier se voit surtout comme un joueur de centre.

Iginla Sr. saying that even though Tij is capable of playing the wing, he sees himself first and foremost as a centre.

That doesn’t mean he’ll end up there as an NHLer but he would be more valuable there if he has the skill set to match. I’ve been seeing that some here think he projects as a winger.

RandomTask26

Jan 6, 2020

Il a d’ailleurs révélé que si le jeune homme est capable de jouer à l’aile, ce dernier se voit surtout comme un joueur de centre.

Iginla Sr. saying that even though Tij is capable of playing the wing, he sees himself first and foremost as a centre.

That doesn’t mean he’ll end up there as an NHLer but he would be more valuable there if he has the skill set to match. I’ve been seeing that some here think he projects as a winger.
Interesting. If he can be a center, then that would be a great pick.

For those who have watched him, do you think his game would translate to center?

McGees

Jun 15, 2016

Dont think he has the vision …but maybe a Jeff Carter shoot first type

Genghis Keon

Apr 1, 2002
Visit site
There's a lot of talent at the top of the draft and I think a lot of guys have the potential to be stars if everything works out, but I think Lindstrom might be the only one who could likely be a problem for other teams in the playoffs even if he ends up being a relatively disappointing pick.

Let's say he ends up being a 25 goal, 25 assist centre who's roughly 50% on faceoffs and decently responsible defensively. That's no where near his upside, but he'd be a 6'3 220+ pound mean power centre with some offense and enough defense not to necessarily get dominated if he finds himself matched up against a top line. That'd be a nice bloody player to have in the playoffs. Matchups matter in the playoffs and some teams might not have an answer for him. Or they'd have to line match their best d pairing to stop him, drawing them away from our top line.

If he reaches more of his potential, he'd be an even bigger problem.

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006
At the 2006 draft, iirc a few teams had Fischer listed as “do not draft” - wasn’t the CBJ GM (MacLean?) caught on camera laughing at the pick? Maybe I’m mixing it up with another pick
Actually, Doug McLean laughed at the Habs when we picked Carey Price at #5 and left Gilbert Brule on the board for CBJ to take at #6. He basically moonwalked to the podium and never stopped shooting his mouth off about it.

Reactions: Gustave

Harry Kakalovich

Like and reply
Sep 26, 2002
Montreal

Has me thinking Max Domi...

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
The Fischer story is pretty tragic and another black mark on Bergevin’s record. The guy’s mum died of cancer when he was in college. I believe he was raised by her alone. He tells the story that people from the Habs rarely called him or supported him. No after draft development/mentoring. Apparently he got into partying and stuff and didn’t focus enough on hockey. Seems like a good kid that could have benefited from some follow up calls and someone who gave a shit about him.
That is awful. It's on Gainey though as he drafted him in 2006 and was GM into 2010. Gainey was in a bad place himself though because of his daughter.

Reactions: Bacchus1

BozoTheClown

Jul 10, 2021
With 12 picks, I want them to take a chance on players with size that can skate and you have them work on weaknesses.

Reactions: jrom

ReHabs

Sponsor
Jan 18, 2022
There's a lot of talent at the top of the draft and I think a lot of guys have the potential to be stars if everything works out, but I think Lindstrom might be the only one who could likely be a problem for other teams in the playoffs even if he ends up being a relatively disappointing pick.

Let's say he ends up being a 25 goal, 25 assist centre who's roughly 50% on faceoffs and decently responsible defensively. That's no where near his upside, but he'd be a 6'3 220+ pound mean power centre with some offense and enough defense not to necessarily get dominated if he finds himself matched up against a top line. That'd be a nice bloody player to have in the playoffs. Matchups matter in the playoffs and some teams might not have an answer for him. Or they'd have to line match their best d pairing to stop him, drawing them away from our top line.

If he reaches more of his potential, he'd be an even bigger problem.
The top scorer in the NHL put up 144pts this year and you're salivating over a potential 50pt centreman?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad