HF Habs: 2024 NHL Draft Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who do you want at #5?

• Tij Iginla

Votes: 209 49.5%
  • Cole Eiserman

Votes: 14 3.3%
  • Berkly Catton

Votes: 92 21.8%
  • Konsta Helenius

Votes: 13 3.1%
  • Beckett Sennecke

Votes: 75 17.8%
  • Zayne Parekh

Votes: 19 4.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
You say that now, but imagine we pick 7-9 and these 5 are off the board, and Demidov might be a ND regardless.

Celebrini
Eiserman
Demidov
Catton
Lindstrom

There’s also Ryder Ritchie before MBN, imo.

But not all of those guys will be off the board if we pick let’s say 7-8, there’s some defenseman that are gonna be taken in between those forwards.

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
He looks really good. From these clips, it looks like he's just missing explosiveness. Once he gains more lower body strength, he'll be able to more effectively drive the net.

My main concern is Lindstrom is going to take a lot of time.. like Slafkovsky will.

Having this board sit through the development of two big men and crying about wasted top ten picks and Bobrov would be enough to make me ignore every thread on this board.

Hannibal

Fear the Weber
Feb 11, 2007
My main concern is Lindstrom is going to take a lot of time.. like Slafkovsky will.

Having this board sit through the development of two big men and crying about wasted top ten picks and Bobrov would be enough to make me ignore every thread on this board.

I don’t see it being as long as Slaf tbh. Lindstrom plays already a efficient NA style of play, pro game. Slaf is still adjusting to the time and space. Don’t see that problem with Lindstrom.

Reactions: atrud66

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
I don’t see it being as long as Slaf tbh. Lindstrom plays already a efficient NA style of play, pro game. Slaf is still adjusting to the time and space. Don’t see that problem with Lindstrom.
Prospect that size usually don't breakout until their D+3/+4. We can even see it with Dach and Byfield as recent examples.

Hannibal

Fear the Weber
Feb 11, 2007
Prospect that size usually don't breakout until their D+3/+4. We can even see it with Dach and Byfield as recent examples.

I know, but if that’s the case im willing to wait. We need more big skilled player in that top 6.

Hannibal

Fear the Weber
Feb 11, 2007
Sure, but WTK's point is that this forum wouldn't be willing to wait that long. They need their candies now.

Who gives a f*** about this forums and those posters, anyway?

Are we going to be scared to pick a player because of the fans here lol?

• Love
Reactions: SlafySZN

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Who gives a f*** about this forums and those posters, anyway?

Are we going to be scared to pick a player because of the fans here lol?

The team won't, I'm just saying that this board will be annoying AF while he figures it out.

The development of Lindstrom and Helenius so far this year is such a huge W for us, the more forwards in the mix the better

covfefe

Zoltan Poszar's Burner
Feb 5, 2014
I've been watching Ritchie for a few years now and I'll shed some light on why I think he's the most intriguing W guy this year.

When he was in the CSSHL he was probably the 3rd, and potentially 4th, most effective guy on his team. (Albeit one of those guys was Gavin McKenna). He wasn't even playing on that team's 1st line in either season that I followed.

Hits the W - rookie of the year. This year - curve continues to go up. Some of that is preternatural skill but I suspect it's mostly just hard work. I hate that cliche shit but it's simply the truth.

Then you consider the late bday....

Historically those kinds of guys work out. Doubly so when they are as smart as he is. He has an innate sense of where to be/where to go next. He also won't cost you much defensively. ++

On to the critical discussion:

While I'm confident he'll make the show, I'm also wondering how high his ceiling is. Drafting a player like him in the top 10 is a bet on him playing top 6 minutes over the long run. And at this point I'm not 100% convinced he has that level in him. He's also slight - teams will have durability questions. He doesn't look 6'0.

Tertiary point is that the interview stages will be important for him because he has a helicopter Dad à la Gallagher. Sometimes that backfires.

covfefe

Zoltan Poszar's Burner
Feb 5, 2014
We need a 2nd first cause I wanna take a shot at one of these big boys like Boisvert Masse or Greentree

I'll post either a summary and/or the conversation I'm having w/ my old coach (his current coach) about Letourneau in the next couple days. He's cool w/ it but we're still going back and forth. Suffice to say he should go high barring disaster. Can't really skate gud though.

this is nasty. that final backhand before the shot requires so much restraint, almost everyone fires post toe drag in that scenario.

kid might be a player

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
He looks really good. From these clips, it looks like he's just missing explosiveness. Once he gains more lower body strength, he'll be able to more effectively drive the net.

Not sure how you could possibly miss how explosive he is?

The skating is great, the question is IQ.....there could also be a lot of Eller, Ylonen, Patrick Poulin in him as his vision and decision making is questionable from what I have seen from him but I need a larger sample. I have not as of yet seen enough actual offensive talent outside of his footwork to confidently pick him as high as EP is suggesting. He could very well just be another in a long history of guys who look great on the rush but don't ultimately produce.

I am not saying that they are necessarily wrong about him, just that they are currently overhyping him imo. The kid has a huge size/speed advantage and we have seen how this often plays out when there just isn't much evidence of upper tier puck skills and IQ.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad