HF Habs: 2024 NHL Draft Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who do you want at #5?

• Tij Iginla

Votes: 209 49.5%
  • Cole Eiserman

Votes: 14 3.3%
  • Berkly Catton

Votes: 92 21.8%
  • Konsta Helenius

Votes: 13 3.1%
  • Beckett Sennecke

Votes: 75 17.8%
  • Zayne Parekh

Votes: 19 4.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Toene

Y'en aura pas de facile
Nov 17, 2014
I wasn't that high on Lekkerimäki at this time in his draft year, but with hindsight sure, about that rank. I feel comfortable with Helenius starting somewhere around 9 or 10 or so.
Weren't you very high on him? It's my vague recollection.

I don't follow as much this year because I get excited for players we don't select because muh culture. Don't want to be disappointed.

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
How do you feel Catton compares to Cooley or Smith in terms of upside? Similar or would he be slightly lower.

I think we really need a 1C that's an upgrade on Suzuki so we can run Celebrini/Catton and Dach going forward.

I'd be down with Demidov too, but I feel a true 1C would make our team so much more complete.

I think similarly of Cooley and Catton. They both have a motor that is higher than Smiths, which really sets them apart.

Catton is a clutch player, great skating, his scoring ability has really up ticked this year and he's always had insane puck handling and passing ability.

Catton could be a 1C but at worst he's a 2C that plays a more puck possession style aided by his skating.

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
Weren't you very high on him? It's my vague recollection.

I don't follow as much this year because I get excited for players we don't select because muh culture. Don't want to be disappointed.

I had him 8th in my final ranking, but I bumped him up quite a bit (a few spots too many) after his U18s.

I would say that he and Helenius are pretty different players. Lekkerimäki is all hands and shot, Helenius has less hands and shooting ability but a more fleshed out offensive game.

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
Ryder Ritchie, baby

Aug. 3rd birthday

DATASS.jpg

HuGort

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
I think similarly of Cooley and Catton. They both have a motor that is higher than Smiths, which really sets them apart.

Catton is a clutch player, great skating, his scoring ability has really up ticked this year and he's always had insane puck handling and passing ability.

Catton could be a 1C but at worst he's a 2C that plays a more puck possession style aided by his skating.
Habs be extremely lucky if Catton still available when they pick.

Reactions: Frank JT

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
You are going to answer that over 100 times before the draft.

It's just such a tired narrative.

Yes, the management group that signed Caufield long term.
Tried to trade up in the top 4 of last years draft.
Took the risk on acquiring Dach and Newhook.
Hired MSL as their coach.
Was in on acquiring PLD.

Only care about drafting defense, playing defensively and have 0 desire to improve the offense of the club long term.

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I wouldnt put it past the habs to draft another defenseman if they think he's the best prospect left. The draft is about acquiring top assets for all.

They know what they are missing and it's offensive talent. The only way they take a defenseman is if there's a massive tier gap.

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
They know what they are missing and it's offensive talent. The only way they take a defenseman is if there's a massive tier gap.

There are some really high profile dmen this year though. After ''the forwards,'' Silayev, Dickinson and Levshunov all look compelling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad