HF Habs: 2024 NHL Draft Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who do you want at #5?

• Tij Iginla

Votes: 209 49.5%
  • Cole Eiserman

Votes: 14 3.3%
  • Berkly Catton

Votes: 92 21.8%
  • Konsta Helenius

Votes: 13 3.1%
  • Beckett Sennecke

Votes: 75 17.8%
  • Zayne Parekh

Votes: 19 4.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Don't need to cope over a hockey decision, especially when the other end of the spectrum is a RD like Reinbacher.

There is a reverse to copium. I don't know if there is a specific word or slang for it.

I would describe it as refuting information to validate a bias. We see plenty of it in this board.

After the 2022 and 2023 draft debacle, i can only imagine such a scenario ending into a riot, especially since we will draft MBN or Lindstrom. /s.

Seriously, we would be a in very, very good spot if we had to make this choice. With who would you go? I know you like Catton a lot.

If i remember correctly, Basu(Not sure if its him) tweeted that Habs did not like Michkov a lot, but that one habs scout told him that they thought that Demidov was the real deal.

On pure upside I'd take Demidov.. and that was from Basu, I listened to his pod where he mentioned that.

But I think they might go Catton in that scenario but there's so much time between now and the end of the year. I'd be happy with either, they'd address a massive need.

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
Don't need to cope over a hockey decision, especially when the other end of the spectrum is a RD like Reinbacher.

There is a reverse to copium. I don't know if there is a specific word or slang for it.

I would describe it as refuting information to validate a bias. We see plenty of it in this board.

After the 2022 and 2023 draft debacle, i can only imagine such a scenario ending into a riot, especially since we will draft MBN or Lindstrom. /s.

Seriously, we would be a in very, very good spot if we had to make this choice. With who would you go? I know you like Catton a lot.

If i remember correctly, Basu(Not sure if its him) tweeted that Habs did not like Michkov a lot, but that one habs scout told him that they thought that Demidov was the real deal.
Wouldn’t be bad. Kid is pretty good and will climb the ranking all year.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
6 of the top 10 players of the 2024 drafts are forwards:

5 of the top 10 in this list:

6 of the top 10 in this list:

People were wrong last year when they argued that no good forwards would be available in the 2024 draft. Not surprising, it was a particularly dim argument.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com

People were wrong last year when they argued that no good forwards would be available in the 2024 draft. Not surprising, it was a particularly dim argument.

there should be some good forwards for sure as I have been impressed with Artamonov but you don't hear too much about him it's more Silayev who gets all the attention but I haven't been overly impressed with him.

Reactions: DAChampion

Toene

Y'en aura pas de facile
Nov 17, 2014
What do we think of Aatos Koivu (Saku's son)? Just saw a shootout goal by him on instagram, didn't even know he existed. He's eligible for 2024, 8 points in 5 games for TPS in Finland u-20s.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com

if anyone gets to see SKA 1946, he didn't do much last year but so far this year he's got 16 goals in 20 games, might be worth keeping an eye on.

Riggins

Jul 12, 2002
Vancouver, BC
What do we think of Aatos Koivu (Saku's son)? Just saw a shootout goal by him on instagram, didn't even know he existed. He's eligible for 2024, 8 points in 5 games for TPS in Finland u-20s.

Central Scouting's preliminary watch list has almost 500 names on it and Koivu wasn't one of them. But hey... we once spent a pick on Kieran Ruscheinski.

Nevins

Jul 12, 2014
I admit I was not happy with the selection of Filip Mesar, especially since JIRI KULICH was still available.
In his first season in the OHL, Mesar was disappointing with an average of one point per game.
However, this season, he seems to have woken up and (even if it's only 6 games), he dominates the OHL in scoring with the best points per game, 2.
IMG_4589.png

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
How would we feel if the line-up looked like this - and we assume development trajectories continue for the players in place?

Newhook-Suzuki-Celebrini or Catton or Demidov
Slafkovsky-Dach-Caufield

Guhle-Barron
Hutson-Reinbacher

Reactions: Michelangelo

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006
How would we feel if the line-up looked like this - and we assume development trajectories continue for the players in place?

Slafkovsky-Dach-Caufield

Guhle-Barron
Hutson-Reinbacher
I would pray for a huge development burst for Slaf and Newhook. The rest is great.

Riggins

Jul 12, 2002
Vancouver, BC

Slafkovsky-Dach-Caufield

Guhle-Barron
Hutson-Reinbacher

If Celebrini, I start to feel very good about things... might even mean Suzuki moves over to wing eventually. Eiserman, Catton and Demidov would also be great but to finally get that bonafide 1C would be amazing. I like that all the top forwards are lefties this year, our top 6 is very righty heavy. Roy is also a candidate to play high in the lineup as a complimentary piece especially if Newhook doesn't pop.

We still have more years of suckage coming so it could be two more top 15 picks in 2025 to add to the pool. Next year's Calgary/Florida pick is the x-factor.

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
If Celebrini, I start to feel very good about things... might even mean Suzuki moves over to wing eventually. Eiserman, Catton and Demidov would also be great but to finally get that bonafide 1C would be amazing. I like that all the top forwards are lefties this year, our top 6 is very righty heavy. Roy is also a candidate to play high in the lineup as a complimentary piece especially if Newhook doesn't pop.

We still have more years of suckage coming so it could be two more top 15 picks in 2025 to add to the pool. Next year's Calgary/Florida pick is the x-factor.

And don't forget trades, FA, etc.

There's still ways to add talent up front. I'm just wondering if we pick a very talented forward high this year, how the negative perception of their offensive future might change.

Reactions: SlafySZN

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
Helenius had 1+2 in a U20 5 nations game against Czechia tonight. He managed to annoy me while doing it, which doesn't often happen in a 3 point game. I wanted to see him really take over, but he didn't really do that. He's just a lot smarter than this age group, and his chances converted.

Hemming cleaned up a rebound for the first goal of the game, but was otherwise pretty quiet.

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
Lindstrom and Catton are the next forwards off the board after the big 3 for me. After that it's a big bunch with Connelly, Helenius, Ritchie, MBN, Artomonov and probably a few more that I'm forgetting.

Reactions: Hannibal

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York

No one said that. 2023 was just stronger, still is, and not just because of the top 5 forwards. The next 30 forwards 2023 vs. 2024 is quite to the advantage of 2023 as well.

Doesn't mean the 2024s are not good.

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Lindstrom and Catton are the next forwards off the board after the big 3 for me. After that it's a big bunch with Connelly, Helenius, Ritchie, MBN, Artomonov and probably a few more that I'm forgetting.

Hemming probably the only one you are forgetting.. depends on what you think Chernyshov, I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad