HF Habs: 2024 NHL Draft Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who do you want at #5?

• Tij Iginla

Votes: 209 49.5%
  • Cole Eiserman

Votes: 14 3.3%
  • Berkly Catton

Votes: 92 21.8%
  • Konsta Helenius

Votes: 13 3.1%
  • Beckett Sennecke

Votes: 75 17.8%
  • Zayne Parekh

Votes: 19 4.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaynki

Feb 3, 2014
Even if as of now he doesn’t put points on the board kind of snake bit right now, he’s generating a lot, the forecheck, the way he can wins board battles/puck possession, he knows where to be so he can shoot the puck, he doesn’t have a bad passing game.

Don’t know if people will like the comparison but he kind of remind me of Matthew Knies. Like the type of player i mean.

Thank you, Knies would be such a fit. Nice comp.

BoneHutson

Mar 26, 2023
Figured a way to watch MBN, and I'm so glad he's using only Nygard on his jersey. Name's good, and he would have busted using both names. Good news!
Would you mind sharing the said way to watch him with a fellow habs fan?🧐

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
Figured a way to watch MBN, and I'm so glad he's using only Nygard on his jersey. Name's good, and he would have busted using both names. Good news!
I think people vastly underestimate the power of the last name when it comes to amateur scouting. I don't know why.

Reactions: Richard Bolton

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
I'd like to draft someone with at least one elite offensive trait with our top pick if it's not too much to ask.

Outside of the top 3 you're looking more at the combination of offensive traits IMO. Celebrini, Eiserman and Demidov all have singular things they do at an elite level, but then you have Lindström who is a rare combination of hands, speed, and size. None of his traits are elite IMO but the combination of traits he has is very rare.

Helenius has great hockey IQ, not sure I would call it elite.

Hemming has a great shot, and great speed, but he's a lot like Lindström in that it's the overall package. A bit like Bystedt that way, but with some better offensive traits at the time of the draft.

We don't talk about Artomonov enough, he's doing extremely well in the KHL for a youngster, and passes the eye test IMO.

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
I suppose Connelly's skating puckhandling combo is elite. Like Lambert he tends to lean on it way too much at this point, but with Lambert we're seeing him adapt. Lambert's hockey IQ was in the absolute pits during his draft year which is why he fell (and we passed on him), but it seems to be coming along.

SannywithoutCompy

Dec 22, 2020
Yes, he'd be a great fit for them.

EP isn't, it's on their youtube channel.

Pronman's is Athletic, but I only brought in the forwards and left out the D since they are likely irrelevant.

Catton's frame/size and skating package is a way better package than Benson. Obviously Benson's smarts and defensive play are/were a tier above as that's what is allowing him to stay in the NHL right now.

Offensive skills for me are Catton's are better at every level, he just doesn't go inside as much as Benson does. But that's fine because his game works from everywhere on the ice, especially with how great his shot has gotten.
- me, from April until late June of this year

Reactions: Mrb1p

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
Simon Zether has caught Fernström with a 3 point game. He's been heating up lately after a pretty slow start. Actually Liam Dannielson has caught up with Melvin. Liam is a very smart player, but you have to use a later round pick on him due to his overall profile (not big, not fast).

Zether is obviously an NHL level prospect, but he plays at a pretty low rate which I don't like. I'm trying to catch him in more competitive games (SHL international) to see what happens when the pace of play picks up.

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
The thing Helenius doesn't do well is patrol his own zone. He'll have to improve it to be a center at the next level. His line can get trapped in their own zone and he has his part in that.

Jaynki

Feb 3, 2014
There's still a lot on defense, and there will be defenseman that on public lists that will go higher.

Agree, especially those 6ft3 RD.

Where would you compare them versus Reinbacher?

Pre season, it appeared that the top 10 would have been mostly D after Eiserman/Celebrini but i think the pictures as changed.

Some F rapidly see their stock rise while others D seems to see their stock down a bit.

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Agree, especially those 6ft3 RD.

Where would you compare them versus Reinbacher?

Pre season, it appeared that the top 10 would have been mostly D after Eiserman/Celebrini but i think the pictures as changed.

Some F rapidly see their stock rise while others D seems to see their stock down a bit.

Honestly while I think Levshunov has the highest offensive upside of the lot. Reinbacher is the best of the bunch (early tho), followed by Dickinson. With the left shot being the separator

Jaynki

Feb 3, 2014
Honestly while I think Levshunov has the highest offensive upside of the lot. Reinbacher is the best of the bunch (early tho), followed by Dickinson. With the left shot being the separator

Agree.

I have yet to watch Levshunov this year apart from highlights but ive read mixed things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad