HF Habs: 2024 NHL Draft Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who do you want at #5?

• Tij Iginla

Votes: 209 49.5%
  • Cole Eiserman

Votes: 14 3.3%
  • Berkly Catton

Votes: 92 21.8%
  • Konsta Helenius

Votes: 13 3.1%
  • Beckett Sennecke

Votes: 75 17.8%
  • Zayne Parekh

Votes: 19 4.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
We won't draft a defenseman..
*me watching WTK if the Habs do draft a dman with their 1st and I don't rage quit hockey*

KobeStaresBrown_o2zg23.gif.gif

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
MBN is so much fun. He does so many awesome plays combining skill, smarts, and nastiness that you don't see in other prospects.
What do we do with the birthdate though? And why is he so good at pick pocketing but lacks soft hands? Usually they go together.
*me watching WTK if the Habs do draft a dman with their 1st and I don't rage quit hockey*

KobeStaresBrown_o2zg23.gif.gif
Hes still gonna defend his bald jesus dw

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
There are some really high profile dmen this year though. After ''the forwards,'' Silayev, Dickinson and Levshunov all look compelling.

I expect them all to go high, I wouldn't be surprised if we see a defenseman go as high as 2 and I wouldn't be surprised if those 3 guys in particular go ahead of Catton or Demidov

Which is why I'm pretty unconcerned about us getting our forward this year unless we draft beyond 7-8. I still think we'll get one beyond that range just won't be as sure that we've got -that- guy

Reactions: Troyp

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
What do we do with the birthdate though? And why is he so good at pick pocketing but lacks soft hands? Usually they go together.

The only thing MBN lacks is execution. He's really good except for that last little bit before a goal would be scored, then he's meh.

He and Hemming have inverse games. Hemming is a killer but ends up doing very little most of the time.

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Thats what I'm thinking too. If they pick 4th or 5th and the top 3 forwards are gone but the top defenseman is still there for example.

I think they might entertain moving down in that scenario. I know we say BPA and we should, but sometimes you gotta look at it and go.. what makes the most sense here, because if we get this guy, that means in 1-2 years (picking top 10 isn't the same as picking later where there's more runway) I'm gonna have to try to find ice-time or a trade for this other young defenseman and there might be a struggle to find the right trade.

So let's take a forward that we know we need and get paid a bit to go down into that next tier. We know they were entertaining trading down last year too, not heavily, but they looked at all options.

Reactions: HabsMD97

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York
I think they might entertain moving down in that scenario. I know we say BPA and we should, but sometimes you gotta look at it and go.. what makes the most sense here, because if we get this guy, that means in 1-2 years (picking top 10 isn't the same as picking later where there's more runway) I'm gonna have to try to find ice-time or a trade for this other young defenseman and there might be a struggle to find the right trade.

So let's take a forward that we know we need and get paid a bit to go down into that next tier. We know they were entertaining trading down last year too, not heavily, but they looked at all options.

How do you feel about 11th to 25th? If we are trading down I feel like I'd want another pick there. It looks pretty deep too when Cole Hutson could be the best D of the draft and he's ranked 20th ish (I think he will be picked higher). Boisvert, Massé.

I'll say it, it could be the year of drafting Quebecers, we fell into that before and I'm not sure Hughes is immune to the local pressure. There's loads of Q talent this year at all stages of the draft (but not at the top). As it happens, Massé plays the position we need the most after #1 C, a RW.

bcv

My french sucks.
Sep 18, 2010
Adam Jecho should be looked at more.

Very interesting package/skills

Watched him yesterday, the stats aren’t exceptional but he plays for the Oil kings who are very bad.
what's his skating and puck handling look like?

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
what's his skating and puck handling look like?

Has to work on agility for the skating i found but i think it’s pretty normal for a 6’5 kid like him.

Puck handling looked high end, not elite of course. Will have to watch him more but i feel he could be a first rounder.

Reactions: bcv

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
How do you feel about 11th to 25th? If we are trading down I feel like I'd want another pick there. It looks pretty deep too when Cole Hutson could be the best D of the draft and he's ranked 20th ish (I think he will be picked higher). Boisvert, Massé.

I'll say it, it could be the year of drafting Quebecers, we fell into that before and I'm not sure Hughes is immune to the local pressure. There's loads of Q talent this year at all stages of the draft (but not at the top). As it happens, Massé plays the position we need the most after #1 C, a RW.

11ish is probably fine, but I wouldn't really wanna go too far down. I don't think Cole Hutson is someone they'd be dying to target. But they could have interest in Boisvert or Masse.

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
Reactions: WeThreeKings

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Ah nice, first time i saw someone rank Letourneau in the first round. Not sure he’ll go there but wouldn’t be crazy that a team take a chance on him as a late first round.

Same for Jecho but i think he’ll go higher
We'll see how high he ends up on the various rankings by next spring. I tend do be a bit leery of super jumbo sized players having a lot of success at the lower levels and the PHC isn't exactly the best competition compared to some of the other junior A leagues. The tool box is super intriguing though, if you're into athletic freaks with a high development potential he's definitely your guy.

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
We'll see how high he ends up on the various rankings by next spring. I tend do be a bit leery of super jumbo sized players having a lot of success at the lower levels and the PHC isn't exactly the best competition compared to some of the other junior A leagues. The tool box is super intriguing though, if you're into athletic freaks with a high development potential he's definitely your guy.

Would be a nice get with our 2nd ov wait we traded that with a 1st for f***ing Dvorak.

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
Konsta is getting close to cracking the Liiga code. Before he was doing good things, choosing good routes, winning puck battles, capitalizing on his opportunities. Tonight, though, he created things out of thin air, scoring chances out of extremely low percentage situations (e.g. 1 on 3 through the neutral zone).

Reactions: WeThreeKings

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I've liked what i've seen from Luca Testa, though he just got injured in last nights game, knee and it looked bad. since he's on Xhekaj's line now there's a few clips of him including the goal

They also have the 16 year old that's looked good in Jake O'Brien.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Habs need another 1st to get someone like Greentree.

Thought the way he's playing he'll continue to rise and be outside that potential 2nd 1st round pick.

Reactions: Sagikev
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad