Votes: 75 17.8%
  • Zayne Parekh

Votes: 19 4.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
Helenius is having a great game but just can't get on the score sheet. There's a lot to like about his game. He's smart, he chooses good routes, he's competitive, he can create space for himself, he gets to the dangerous ice, good set of hands.

The question with him is all about upside. Does he have the venom to his game to warrant a super high pick?

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
Watched Fernström, Zetterberg, and Danielsson today. Ferström in an interesting player, reminds me of MBN. Hard nosed player with size, hands, mostly a play maker, causes lots of turnovers, and has excellent puck protection. His major weakness is his pace.

Zetterberg didn't impress me at all.

Danielsson was a surprise. I wasn't aware of him before watching today's game but he's pretty good. He will be a later round pick because of his overall profile, but keep an eye on him.

bopeep

Jan 22, 2004
bc
Titlbach caught my eye when watching Emil Hemming at the Hlinka. He had a couple spectacular goals in the tournament. Started off his season with 1+1 and first star for the Vancouver Giants yesterday.
Speaking of looking good at the Hlinka, have you had a chance to see what's up with Suoniemi to start the season...

Gustave

Feb 15, 2007
Here
Trading into a really strong draft position without giving up a top prospect is almost impossible. Nobody trades a #2 pick for 17 and 42 and 56.
We had the 5th last season and couldn’t move up a spot or two…. Depressing really.

You meant future Hab Berkly Catton. I love this player. He's got a goal and two assists, game isn't over yet.

Edit: he also assisted on the OT winner. 1+3 for 4 points. He's going to play himself out of our range isn't he?
Yes, it’s the Habs way of being so close yet so far. Some kind of torture inflicted on us for being a dynasty 45 years ago…

Riggins

Jul 12, 2002
Vancouver, BC
One of the top four forwards (Celebrini, Eiserman, Demidov, Catton) and I'm stoked. Thankfully there are plenty of D who should be top 10 worthy so hopefully if we are picking around 7 or 8 we can still get one of these forwards. The bottom four and Philly all went for forwards in 2023 so they may be looking to bolster the back end in 2024 depending on where the land.

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
One of the top four forwards (Celebrini, Eiserman, Demidov, Catton) and I'm stoked. Thankfully there are plenty of D who should be top 10 worthy so hopefully if we are picking around 7 or 8 we can still get one of these forwards. The bottom four and Philly all went for forwards in 2023 so they may be looking to bolster the back end in 2024 depending on where the land.
You got that right! One of these four could legitimately be available at 10.

Dickinson
Kivi
Silayev
Levshunov
Jiricek
Mews
Zayne

Could all go top 10

dcyhabs

May 30, 2008
Montreal
We had the 5th last season and couldn’t move up a spot or two…. Depressing really.

Yes, it’s the Habs way of being so close yet so far. Some kind of torture inflicted on us for being a dynasty 45 years ago…
One of these years the habs will get a top pick in a draft where there is actually someone good to pick at that spot. They've done pretty well with their picks after the top 5, but the 1OA they got was in a tough year, and last year they got a good player, but they missed out or skipped players they needed. I'm not convinced it was a good idea to take Slaf in a draft that was mostly D and small forwards, or to take Reinbacher in a forward draft, especially considering next year is supposed to be D focused.

You have to take what the draft has available. One of these years the available players will match the habs need.

I hope I'm whining about nothing. Slaf may yet be a unicorn and Reinbacher could end up a top pairing D.

Reactions: Gustave

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
One of these years the habs will get a top pick in a draft where there is actually someone good to pick at that spot. They've done pretty well with their picks after the top 5, but the 1OA they got was in a tough year, and last year they got a good player, but they missed out or skipped players they needed. I'm not convinced it was a good idea to take Slaf in a draft that was mostly D and small forwards, or to take Reinbacher in a forward draft, especially considering next year is supposed to be D focused.

You have to take what the draft has available. One of these years the available players will match the habs need.

I hope I'm whining about nothing. Slaf may yet be a unicorn and Reinbacher could end up a top pairing D.

Well, last year the board was happy with Benson at 5 and he went 13th.

Really good, small offensive players fall quite often.. so I don't have an issue with what they did, you are unlikely to get another chance to draft a Slafkovsky. When Smith went at 4, Reinbacher was the favorite of basically every organization to go at 5.. Nashville tried to get him, Arizona went Simashev when he was off the board.

With all the defense in this draft it allows someone like Catton, Eiserman or Demidov to fall. We already know that teams will prioritize defenseman in the first round and there's a bounty of them available.

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019
Well, last year the board was happy with Benson at 5 and he went 13th.

Really good, small offensive players fall quite often.. so I don't have an issue with what they did, you are unlikely to get another chance to draft a Slafkovsky. When Smith went at 4, Reinbacher was the favorite of basically every organization to go at 5.. Nashville tried to get him, Arizona went Simashev when he was off the board.

With all the defense in this draft it allows someone like Catton, Eiserman or Demidov to fall. We already know that teams will prioritize defenseman in the first round and there's a bounty of them available.
I think the top 10 is far from being set, there is a hype for Dmen but that can change very quickly. Remember Cam Allen ?

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
Another assist for Nikita Artomonov who is piling up lots of assists in Anton Silayev's shadow.
I like that kid

Still doesn’t have a goal but 7 points in 10 games as a 17 years old in the KHL is pretty good. Love how Torpedo play their kids.

Atanasov is pretty good too, is he still eligible for the draft?

Reactions: Sagikev

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
I like that kid

Still doesn’t have a goal but 7 points in 10 games as a 17 years old in the KHL is pretty good. Love how Torpedo play their kids.

Atanasov is pretty good too, is he still eligible for the draft?

I think this is his last year of eligibility.

Reactions: SlafySZN

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003

It feels like our 1st rounder will be just after the consensus top forwards are gone and we will be left with drafting from a group of LD's.......ugggh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad