• Zayne Parekh

Votes: 19 4.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

NekkiChiconey

Mar 17, 2016
Lisbon
I like him more than Kiviharju. Smart, skilled kid. I like him more at that 10-early teens range though. I don't see explosive upside to challenge the likes of the big forwards and dmen.
I like him as well but I think he has a case of Mesar-itis. Has so much skill but doesn't necessarily create consistently with it. I would put it this way: his offensive game is not efficient.

CHwest

Talent sets the floor, character sets the ceiling.
May 24, 2011
Should trade everything to move up. We have waaaaaaaay too many prospects, but mostly average ones. We could have 200 picks next draft, I wouldnt care. I want a superstar, not more middle-6 forwards and second-pairing dmen.
Trading into a really strong draft position without giving up a top prospect is almost impossible. Nobody trades a #2 pick for 17 and 42 and 56.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Konyushkov with a 2nd assist in the game. Torpedo is up 2-1 in the 3rd period. This assist was a result of getting the puck out of the danger area and passing it to the guy who was able to move the puck up the ice.

Just checked to see where he ranked among teammates and saw Anton Silayev leads their D in scoring...6'7" 17 year old 😮

Reactions: Adam Michaels

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Just checked to see where he ranked among teammates and saw Anton Silayev leads their D in scoring...6'7" 17 year old 😮

Yea that's crazy. It doesn't mean much this early in the season, but the kid is on pace for 9 goals and 53 pts. You had that size and that kind of production, you now he's going to be a high pick.

He was ranked 9th OA by McKenzie in his early mock draft he released not long ago.

Reactions: Sagikev and Wats

Hope Of Glory

May 24, 2009
North Shore
Yea that's crazy. It doesn't mean much this early in the season, but the kid is on pace for 9 goals and 53 pts. You had that size and that kind of production, you now he's going to be a high pick.

He was ranked 9th OA by McKenzie in his early mock draft he released not long ago.

To put things in perspective: Dmitri Simashev, the 6th overall from the 2023 draft who also happens to be a giant with great skating, has 0 points in 8 KHL games and is back in the MHL.

So Silayev's 6 points in 8 games as a 6'7 17 years old is pretty damn impressive, even if he is unlikely to keep that pace fpr the whole year.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
I'm good either way.
Well, thanks for making it only me, then.

His package, seems much like Leonard and someone the Habs could really use in the top 6.

Though if the Habs do suck for a top 10 pick, there seems to be a lot of good players again, so the pain might be able to be masked.

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018

Overages in the later rounds like Florian.

Size, producing in the dub. Probably produce even better this year.

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019
You meant future Hab Berkly Catton. I love this player. He's got a goal and two assists, game isn't over yet.

Edit: he also assisted on the OT winner. 1+3 for 4 points. He's going to play himself out of our range isn't he?

No idea where the Habs will end up. It all depends on what kind of step players like Dach Newhook Guhle are taking, injuries… The East will be a blood bath once again. The only team I definitely see behind the Habs is PHI, but you could make the case that CBJ is relying on a 18 year as 1C, that WSH is getting old
Less likely but possible that BOS is a complete mystery box without their two top centers especially if Ullmark goes back to average goalie stats, that if Tkachuk or Sorokin are injured FLA and NYI are way worse, that PIT could feel the weight of age and Karlsson may not adapt as well as they hope, and that DET, BUF, OTT still have huge question marks.…

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
You meant future Hab Berkly Catton. I love this player. He's got a goal and two assists, game isn't over yet.

Edit: he also assisted on the OT winner. 1+3 for 4 points. He's going to play himself out of our range isn't he?

Depends on where we end up but I'm not too worried about that since there's 3 other forwards who started with the billing of top 3 and there's so many defenseman (right handed to boot) with size that will likely be drafted ahead.

Dickinson Levshunov Silayev Jiricek. As long as we pick between 6-9 we should have a shot.

NekkiChiconey

Mar 17, 2016
Lisbon

He has the high-end skill on top of all the attitude/culture/leadership stuff... you figure this time they can't mess it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad