• Zayne Parekh

Votes: 19 4.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York
Yeah i forgot about this one, thats the best one ever.

Small league back then though. Im also not sure what the implication of musket vs sticks mean for skill expression.

That's also when the league started to enforce "high sticking" more, something about the one nicknamed D'artagan (Charles) on "HFMur".

Discipline issues...

4 French guys in the top 4. Quebec media must've loved that. Strong draft year for the Q.

The few men in Quebec City back then were too busy cutting wood to notice.

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
ezgif-4-4a24a615ad.gif

Riggins

Jul 12, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Give me two more seasons of solid bottom 10 finishes and lottery chances at the likes of Celebrini, Eiserman, Misa (2025), etc. We can still see progression and finish there, the rest of our division and the league is just way better. Even if we get up to around .500 level in the next couple years that's usually good enough for bottom 10.

Maybe it's for the best that we have our future D largely in place already, they just need a few years to develop. We can hopefully get lucky and add some forward talent like the names mentioned above. They would plug in quickly and won't need as much development time as our D is leveling up.

Kaladin

Nov 5, 2017
Aron Kiviharju may fall to 7th-8th and could be the #1 D we are looking for. I've liked what I've seen so far. Shame he's LHD.

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Or Cole Hutson for that matter. Our LD is in pretty good shape and we've got a spot slotted for Lane Hutson for a tiny offensive D man. There isn't room for two of those guys.

Exactly, they'd more likely trade down if someone was offering a lot to get one of them.

I will be looking at the bigger bodied forwards in this draft, I would bet a lot on that being their direction. 5'11" might be as small as they'd be willing to go.

Kaladin

Nov 5, 2017
Exactly, they'd more likely trade down if someone was offering a lot to get one of them.

I will be looking at the bigger bodied forwards in this draft, I would bet a lot on that being their direction. 5'11" might be as small as they'd be willing to go.
As long as they maximize the value of the pick and trade down and not just pick the best big bodied forward available regardless of BPA I'm fine with it.

We still need a #1 D though and this seems like the draft to get one. Also the phrase "5'11 might be as small as they'd be willing to go" doesn't concern anyone? When did size become the #1 criteria around here?

Last edited:

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
As long as they maximize the value of the pick and trade down and not just pick the best big bodied forward available regardless of BPA I'm fine with it.

We still need a #1 D though and this seems like the draft to get one. Also the phrase "5'11 might be as small as they'd be willing to go" doesn't concern anyone? When did size become the #1 criteria around here?

If you're not picking at the top of the draft, I don't think they are willing to have another smaller sized forward with Caufield, Suzuki, and whoever makes it out of Roy/Farrell/Mesar, etc.

The good news is the best forwards in this draft all meet the height threshold or the talent threshold.

Simarino

Oct 21, 2009
If you're not picking at the top of the draft, I don't think they are willing to have another smaller sized forward with Caufield, Suzuki, and whoever makes it out of Roy/Farrell/Mesar, etc.

The good news is the best forwards in this draft all meet the height threshold or the talent threshold.
+ Newhook that’s already 3 guys under 6’ in the top 6, we’ll definitely need talent with size to balanced it out.

Kaladin

Nov 5, 2017
+ Newhook that’s already 3 guys under 6’ in the top 6, we’ll definitely need talent with size to balanced it out.
Or you know here’s a novel idea. Just trade away the least talented small players if it comes to that. The likes of newhook shouldn’t dictate our draft strategy.

Good to know from wtk though that the talented forwards are all tall as well though in this draft. Can’t stand size over skill prospect watchers.

PS Demidov should be a no draft. There’s a war going on folks. What if he gets conscripted or something??

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
Or you know here’s a novel idea. Just trade away the least talented small players if it comes to that. The likes of newhook shouldn’t dictate our draft strategy.

Good to know from wtk though that the talented forwards are all tall as well though in this draft. Can’t stand size over skill prospect watchers.

PS Demidov should be a no draft. There’s a war going on folks. What if he gets conscripted or something??

I tend to agree. The size argument doesn't work any more than the depth argument. I'm not passing over Power or Dahlin because of my LD depth. I'm trading the odd man out and filling whatever hole in my roster. Obviously, it depends on the amount of drop off in talent if there is any, but that goes without saying.

As far as the PS goes, I know you're answering to a lot of the things and posters you've read around here, but it seems more and more that there were a number of factors, including but not limited to the geopolitical factor.

Like, I think the good person/character thing going on around hockey is overstated, as a lot of assholes have won the Stanley Cup. But, flipping off the Capitals, Ovechkins team, and Nikolishin is a red flag. Maybe management can redeem itself with Demidov. They're clearly not against skill as they've targeted guys like Cooley, Lekkerimaki, Smith, Dach and Newhook. I just hope they don't have a ND Russians high policy.

Reactions: Fenris and Kaladin

Jaynki

Feb 3, 2014
he is also signed for two more year in the KHL. So 1 year post-draft. Fortunately, he is big and don't seem to have major attitude problem. Otherwise, it would start to be some big red flag along with the war.

Reactions: WeThreeKings

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com

almost shift by shift from Celebrini (#17 white). My first full game seeing him, was not a fan of the coasting as I hate it when players don't move their feet more but Fowler was impressive this night. Of course they will see each other again as bitter rivals of BC vs BU.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad