SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
Bedard > Celebrini
Carlsson > Eiserman
Fantilli > Demidov
Smith = Levshunov
Reinbacher < Dickinson

etc. in the top 15, 2023 is stronger.
in the next 15, 2024 might be more competitive because there are more good Ds and players with size.
from 32 to 47, 2023 is stronger.

*my evaluation thus far

Another way to do this:

Bedard

Celebrini

Michkov
Carlsson
Fantilli

Smith
Eiserman
Demidov
Levshunov
Dickinson

Reinbacher
I’d take Eiserman before Carlsson even if he’s a winger. Goal scorer with a shot like he has are pretty rare.

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York
I’d take Eiserman before Carlsson even if he’s a winger. Goal scorer with a shot like he has are pretty rare.

You may be right, but right now he doesn't have the defence, size or development level of Carlsson at the same time.

I got scouting fatigue and Im not sure Ill scout this one as heavily as last one but from what Ive seen so far, 2023 >.

Oh stop it, go drink a pina colada, it's summer.

What's your top 150 :D:sarcasm:

Habitant#1

Feb 15, 2006
Brisbane
IMG_8459.png

Habitant#1

Feb 15, 2006
Brisbane
So uh, how does Celebrini compare to the other recent first overalls?

I’m asking for a friend… who is a Blackhawks fan…

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022

We’ll have to see this year. He’ll play at BU.

We’ll see how he adapts and produce there.

GlassesJacketShirt

Aug 4, 2010
Sherbrooke

Can't say for sure.

I want to be clear in that I am going into this summer with only four players who I have any sort of opinion on, not even a proper ranking.

Celebrini seems like a good #1 type on first inspection. Really good skater, has some semblance of a two way game already, scoring instincts and shot are there.....his hands are arguably elite, maybe my favorite aspect of his skillset. If he were to go first overall based on projecting one year from now, I'd say he would be in the Lafreniere/Tavares tier (which sounds low but keep in mind I am not talking post draft career, just pre draft prognosis).

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Celebrini I would have taken at 3 this year, I think he's slightly better than Fantilli. Not as good as Carlsson.

He's probably better than Slaf/Hischier/Power but not as good as a Hughes.

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York
Celebrini I would have taken at 3 this year, I think he's slightly better than Fantilli. Not as good as Carlsson.

He's probably better than Slaf/Hischier/Power but not as good as a Hughes.

I think he's way better than Carlsson if they were the same age. A lot more dynamic 2-way wise. Lots.

Carlsson is adequate defensively, and he's adequate in his zone (much better than most 18 years old), Celebrini is good in his zone, then he's elite in the middle of the ice, and in counter.

U18 at the same age.
Carlsson: 1.33 pts per game
Celebrini: 1.9 pts per game

Too bad we won't see Celebrini at a Hlinka.
He did all that last year on a bad shoulder. <== that injury might be the drama point for the next draft if he can't shake it.

Last edited:

Jabba11

Hockey Lobby
Nov 28, 2009
hockeylobby.blogspot.com
I got scouting fatigue and Im not sure Ill scout this one as heavily as last one but from what Ive seen so far, 2023 >.
Same. I feel like these last years have shown us that consensus mean nothing. Each team has their own rankings with way too many factors that we don't know unless being behind closed doors with them.

And, honestly, new is always better. Every year, we think the next draft is better and then, once in it, prospects disappoint and suddenly it's not as strong as projected. And I don't how someone can rank Dickinson ahead of Reinbacher?! So, you're telling me that this kid from the OHL who put up 23 pts at 17 years old in the OHL is a better prospect than the most productive U18 draft elligible defensive prospect in the National League and just 2nd most productive Euro draft elligble dman behind Dahlin? People need to relax

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Same. I feel like these last years have shown us that consensus mean nothing. Each team has their own rankings with way too many factors that we don't know unless being behind closed doors with them.

And, honestly, new is always better. Every year, we think the next draft is better and then, once in it, prospects disappoint and suddenly it's not as strong as projected. And I don't how someone can rank Dickinson ahead of Reinbacher?! So, you're telling me that this kid from the OHL who put up 23 pts at 17 years old in the OHL is a better prospect than the most productive U18 draft elligible defensive prospect in the National League and just 2nd most productive Euro draft elligble dman behind Dahlin? People need to relax
2023 is the best draft of the decade and may be the best draft of the millenia, if not ever. I think people who call 2024 close are just plain dumb.

Voilà 😂

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
2023 is the best draft of the decade and may be the best draft of the millenia, if not ever. I think people who call 2024 close are just plain dumb.

Voilà 😂
What was the narrative behind the 2003 draft right before and right after? I can’t for the life of me remember. Talent wise this looks like a very deep draft with a strong top 10-15, but we could be talking about this class being overrated a few years from now once we have some hindsight to go off of. These prospects still have to pan out.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
What was the narrative behind the 2003 draft right before and right after? I can’t for the life of me remember. Talent wise this looks like a very deep draft with a strong top 10-15, but we could be talking about this class being overrated a few years from now once we have some hindsight to go off of. These prospects still have to pan out.

2003, at the time, was viewed as potentially one of the deepest drafts ever. It was said there were 1st round quality players all through the second round. It wasn't as top heavy as this one, but if you had a first round pick, you were getting a good player. It was a really fun draft to follow.

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York

Voilà 😂

But what about the fine crew of 1663 with 4 generational players (Isaac should have gone first)

1) Armand de Sillegue
2) Isaac de Portau
3) Henri d'Aramitz
4) Charles de Batz

Last edited:
Reactions: Fenris

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
But what about the fine crew of 1663 with 4 generational players (Isaac should have gone first)

1) Armand de Sillegue
2) Isaac de Portau
3) Henri d'Aramitz
4) Charles de Batz
Yeah i forgot about this one, thats the best one ever.

Small league back then though. Im also not sure what the implication of musket vs sticks mean for skill expression.

• Haha
Reactions: Fenris

Gravity

Generational Poster
Feb 27, 2017
In a Barred Spiral

1) Armand de Sillegue
2) Isaac de Portau
3) Henri d'Aramitz
4) Charles de Batz
4 French guys in the top 4. Quebec media must've loved that. Strong draft year for the Q.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad