• Zayne Parekh

Votes: 19 4.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaladin

Nov 5, 2017
This might be a moment where I get quoted months from now and get dunked on

but I'll put a hot take in here and say Celebrini won't get 1st overall.
Is this more of a statement on Celebrini or your favourable view of the rest of the field?

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Is this more of a statement on Celebrini or your favourable view of the rest of the field?

Just a hot take right now. I liked Eiserman a bit more at the U18s but recognize Celebrini has the positional value and brings more than offense to the ice.

I'll see what Celebrini brings over his draft year, I do feel a bit of a Fantilli vibe where he looks enticing but something seems missing to really be a franchise player.

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York
This might be a moment where I get quoted months from now and get dunked on

but I'll put a hot take in here and say Celebrini won't get 1st overall.

Not sure what more offence Eiserman could bring (not seeing the potential for anything else than a linear progression), IMO lots more opportunities for him to slide from Levshunov.

Just a hot take right now. I liked Eiserman a bit more at the U18s but recognize Celebrini has the positional value and brings more than offense to the ice.

I'll see what Celebrini brings over his draft year, I do feel a bit of a Fantilli vibe where he looks enticing but something seems missing to really be a franchise player.

In my book, he's anti-Fantilli. He has so much defence that I can't really compute how good he can't get. We haven't seen a prospect like this since...Ron Francis. I guess Jonathan Toews would be a more modern comparable (and would go 1st overall in 2006 easily in a re-draft)

I'm only worried about his injury.

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011

I definitely saw what you were talking about at the beginning of the U18s, but by the end of the tournament I thought he was brilliant. I need to watch more of him at any rate.

Reactions: WeThreeKings

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
He might be so good that he scores as many goals as Michkov.
WE will see. Since hockey is a team sport, chances are a lot of things has to come together for that to happen. It doesn't change how a player is as far as creativity, strength and 3-zone play.

Reactions: Fern

Lockin17

Jul 31, 2018
If Calgary first is between 20 and 25 in 2024 i take the pick
Sacha Boisvert would be a great pick at that spot

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Canada has named their roster for Hlinka Gretzky tournament.

Michael Misa (2025)
Gabriel D'Aigle (2025)
Porter Martone (2025)
Jordan Gavin (2025)
Roger McQueen (2025)
Malcolm Spence (2025)

are the underagers.

12 OHLers
8 WHLer
3 QMJHLers
1 GOJHLer

Reactions: David Suzuki

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Oh I see what you mean, they would pass to get a better one later.

Maybe, hard to know what they would do if another Newhook becomes available.
Can't imagine they'd trade an unknown pick for a player like that. Even for a player like Dach, unless they attach conditions with it.

Reactions: Boris Le Tigre

Toene

Y'en aura pas de facile
Nov 17, 2014
I'm looking at the prospects and I see a lot of LHJMQ players compared to last year. Is it going to be a good QC class?

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
I'm looking at the prospects and I see a lot of LHJMQ players compared to last year. Is it going to be a good QC class?

Yes, it should be a good one this year. 2023 was pretty bad with barely any top 100 picks, and no 1st rounders.

They should have at least 2 first rounders in 2024, which is similar to 2022 (Gaucher, Lamoureux). Plus, some more picks throughout first 3 rounds.

2021 had four 1st rounders: Bolduc, Bourgault, L'Hureaux, and Dean.

2020 had 5 first rounders: Lafreniere, Mercer, Lapierre, Barron, Bourque.

Last edited:

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York

Best in 10 years in terms of depth, the OHL is having a good year, too, and we have about the same numbers (very rare).

Massé, Boisvert, and Poirier are in the first round right now. Tomas Lavoie is in the team Canada system, likely to be in the top 60 as well. Fillion, Veilleux and Lanthier are all promising Ds. Let's see how they do in their draft years. Xavier will be in the USHL with Boisvert.

Last edited:

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York
It's in Czech Republic/Slovakia this year, so most games are going to be late morning to early afternoon start times. Worst starts for me, but we'll see.

I was booking my trip this winter to go see the tournament, then my gf got a new job...and that was that. I'll be in Copenhagen/Berlin/Prague in September, so ain't that bad ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad