2024 NHL Draft Thread - Upd: Draft Lottery is May 7th

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

belfour30

Connor Bedard Fangirl
Dec 14, 2019
Anticipated trade deadline moves tilt the scales in favor of San Jose I suspect as they have numerous pending UFA forwards I think they will move a few of.
Yep I agree here. I think the Hawks will finish with the 2nd best odds and will likely drop a spot or two.

Cubs2024wildcard

Hung out with Livvy Dunne. You didnt.
Apr 29, 2015
If the Blackhawks don't land a top two pick in this draft Davidson needs to be fired for putting this team thru such bullshit they're all mad on the ice.

Seeing your generational talent punching walls because the incompetent GM decided to bring in injury prone players and broken down fourth liners ain't a good look.

Northernhawk

Feb 22, 2020
Two years in a row, yes. But, three years in a row, No
That’s not right…no team can win the lottery more than 2 times in a 5 year span…Chicago could pick first without winning the draft lottery…2 teams can only move up a maximum 10 spots, so the bottom 11 teams have the a chance at 1st overall…teams 12, 13, 14, 15 and 16 would not move ‘the needle,

Northernhawk

Feb 22, 2020
If the Blackhawks don't land a top two pick in this draft Davidson needs to be fired for putting this team thru such bullshit they're all mad on the ice.

Seeing your generational talent punching walls because the incompetent GM decided to bring in injury prone players and broken down fourth liners ain't a good look.
Back in 2007 Chicago lucked out in the Lockout Crosby Draft sweepstakes and got to pick 7th(they drafted Jack Skille)
2008 the picked 3rd(Jonathan Toews)
2008 the won the Draft Lottery and picked 1st(Patrick Kane)
Five top four finishes and three Cups later their doing it all over again…
2022 they picked 7th(Kevin Korchinski)
2023they ‘again’ won the draft lottery and picked 1st(Connor Bedard)
2024? If they end up drafting 3rd? It’ll still an awesome chance to build greatness!

Reactions: MicronMega

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
Back in 2007 Chicago lucked out in the Lockout Crosby Draft sweepstakes and got to pick 7th(they drafted Jack Skille)
2024? If they end up drafting 3rd? It’ll still an awesome chance to build greatness!
Your years are way off

Cubs2024wildcard

Hung out with Livvy Dunne. You didnt.
Apr 29, 2015
This is all over the place.

Davidson is a horrible evaluator of talent and his head scout is a knob.

If you are openly wanting this team to lose, are a tank bro, or are keeping track of losses instead of wins, ask yourself, how much of a fan are you really of this team?

But questioning the draft picks and trades of a guy who was given a job nobody else wanted, who the team flat out went searching for general managerial prospects from other sports outside of hockey, who tore down this team into a laughing stock of the league, and my loyalty is questioned? El oh El.

Kyle Davidson is the worst GM in all of sports, and lucking into Bedard should have been his ground zero but instead it's been his personal quicksand. Trading young, elite talent for just young talent will never be a success.

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014

If you are openly wanting this team to lose, are a tank bro, or are keeping track of losses instead of wins, ask yourself, how much of a fan are you really of this team?

But questioning the draft picks and trades of a guy who was given a job nobody else wanted, who the team flat out went searching for general managerial prospects from other sports outside of hockey, who tore down this team into a laughing stock of the league, and my loyalty is questioned? El oh El.

Kyle Davidson is the worst GM in all of sports, and lucking into Bedard should have been his ground zero but instead it's been his personal quicksand. Trading young, elite talent for just young talent will never be a success.
How’s Subban doing this season?

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
With Seth Jones playing the way he is, Id say we have last place sewn up.

What team could hope to match his negative impact?

scorehawks

Feb 13, 2021
Anybody with info on Jaxon Nelson, undrafted huge centre with Minnesota? Looked pretty good against Michigan Friday.

Darkstar

Nov 3, 2007
Denver, CO

giphy.gif

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
If at the end of the regular season Chicago and San Jose are tied in both points and also regulation wins, what is the next tiebreaker?

EddieTheEagle

Sep 17, 2006
If at the end of the regular season Chicago and San Jose are tied in both points and also regulation wins, what is the next tiebreaker?

Tie-Breaking Procedure​

If two or more clubs are tied in points during the regular season, the standing of the clubs is determined in the following order:
  1. The fewer number of games played (i.e., superior points percentage).
  2. The greater number of games won, excluding games won in Overtime or by Shootout (i.e., 'Regulation Wins'). This figure is reflected in the RW column.
  3. The greater number of games won, excluding games won by Shootout. This figure is reflected in the ROW column.
  4. The greater number of games won by the Club in any manner (i.e., 'Total Wins'). This figure is reflected in the W column.
  5. The greater number of points earned in games against each other among two or more tied clubs. For the purpose of determining standing for two or more Clubs that have not played an even number of games with one or more of the other tied Clubs, the first game played in the city that has the extra game (the 'odd game') shall not be included. When more than two Clubs are tied, the percentage of available points earned in games among each other (and not including any 'odd games') shall be used to determine standing.
  6. The greater differential between goals for and against (including goals scored in Overtime or awarded for prevailing in Shootouts) for the entire regular season. This figure is reflected in the DIFF column.
  7. The greater number of goals scored (including goals scored in Overtime or awarded for prevailing in Shootouts) for the entire regular season. This figure is reflected in the GF column.
NOTE: In standings a victory in a shootout counts as one goal for, while a shootout loss counts as one goal against.

giza

Jul 19, 2011
Kyle Davidson is just fine as a GM. He's made some good trades and I like his philosophy on drafting. Bedard was a no-brainer so that doesn't count. But I like this high end skating, high energy type of player that he's focused on. He's not in a hurry and he's building organically. This team wasn't going to make any waves, the injuries were outlandish and instead of panic, he hit the wavers and traded away low probability draft picks to get some bodies. Let's see what Greene, Nazar, Hayes, Moore, Savoie, Ludwinski, Gajan, etc become ....that's the only way to evaluate a GM from a drafting perspective.

Northernhawk

Feb 22, 2020
Tankathon rankings have the Blackhawks picking the following players…

Attachments

• 662EAAE7-D754-4D1C-9D32-2471DF148832.png
    662EAAE7-D754-4D1C-9D32-2471DF148832.png
    447.4 KB · Views: 10
  • C2FF7F6B-C045-47D5-9587-0CBAE834489A.png
    C2FF7F6B-C045-47D5-9587-0CBAE834489A.png
    583.6 KB · Views: 9
  • AC7EAFE0-26CE-4762-8912-00A43718BF96.png
    AC7EAFE0-26CE-4762-8912-00A43718BF96.png
    526.8 KB · Views: 8
  • A3880869-0335-4513-AE44-FAA78CC8E45A.png
    A3880869-0335-4513-AE44-FAA78CC8E45A.png
    537.3 KB · Views: 6
  • CFCAC0BC-54DF-4CB2-80C0-54A532BB8AC3.png
    CFCAC0BC-54DF-4CB2-80C0-54A532BB8AC3.png
    482.7 KB · Views: 8

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018

Well that won't be good for Villeneuve's draft stock..
It’s too bad. His stock was rising, he was playing well. I said that he was playing with an edge when I saw him, guess I was a little too on the nose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad