2024 NHL Draft Thread - Upd: Draft Lottery is May 7th

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

ChicagoHockeyFan

Mar 3, 2019
I think Freij could be a riser that could be a great target if Tampa pick is in 16-20 range. Great mobility and defensive game and has some great moves for a D. Him and Zeev and two of my favorites for this class that are super fun to watch with the puck

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
Also Perry
They got a lot of negative press for the Perry situation.

I don't care how good that kid is, the Hawks can't draft him right now.
JFieldsOverBedard (or current username) concern trolled that this proved the Hawks “learned nothing” but even the main boards weren’t giving the hawks “negative press” and just making Bedard mom jokes.

Cubs2024wildcard

Hung out with Livvy Dunne. You didnt.
Apr 29, 2015
Don't bring me into that mess about drafting that kid.

If the Hawks are stupid enough to draft him, and they are, they deserve all the negative backlash they get.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
We all know that no way as bad as Hawks are will we end up dead last...SJ is even worse than the Hawks despite currently being in 2nd last because they have played 2games less as I write this (teams tied in ponts at 35)...

The SJ fans must be suffering even more paintings Hawks fans because their horror show has delivered a -102 goal differential to Hawks ONLY at a mere -85..so their pain higher...and their shame higher.
In a sense they "desreve" Celebrini more than tge Haws...BUT we all know that if it is SJ last and CHI 2nd last pre-lotto,UnclecGary will fixing so that Celebrini gets to tge Hawks to join Bedard.
RIGHT?

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
Big game in the tank standings tonight. Sharks vs Ducks. Last time they played Ducks won in OT. Let's hope it's another OT game and the Sharks win this time. Hell, I'll take a Sharks regulation win at this point.

Reactions: Idionym

Chuck Testa

Mar 27, 2017
IIRC I saw that Blackwood was sent to IR by the Sharks... Could be seeing that team go full blown tank mode depending on who they stick in the net now

Hawkster

It's on.
Aug 2, 2005
An important 3 weeks coming up in the 2024 Tank War. Seven games against the current 2-5.

lottery.jpg

MicronMega

Jan 31, 2022
Toronto, NY
Is there any chance the Hawks can get another late first-round pick? The playoff teams with late picks are TOR, DAL, VGS, EDM, and NYR. CHI doesn't have a ton to give up but I would imagine Murphy, Beauvillier, and Blackwell at 50% have some value. Pair that with one of the third-round picks which are both before pick 70 and that might be enough to move up to 25-32

This site has us picking Celebrini and Boisvert. It would be nice to add Artamonov late.

Those 3, plus Shuravin, Elick, and Vanacker in the 2nd would be a hell of a draft.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
10 behind Anaheim, who also has a game in hand.. 13 behind Columbus, 16 behind Arizona.

Suffice to say, the Hawks are pretty comfortably locked into a very high draft lotto spot. It's a battle between them and San Jose for dead last (25.5 % chance at Celebrini vs. 13.5 % chance due to the way the lotto works if any of the teams outside the bottom 10 win the lottery.. and clinching at least a top 3 pick vs. top 4). All things considered with all the rookies on the team and Bedard's obvious frustration last night, I don't think it'd be the worst thing in the world if they put together a nice little stretch against some of these bad teams to get morale up a bit and some confidence going across the room. Finishing dead last is ideal of course but there are other considerations as well.

I was pulling much harder for losses last season at this time as the standings were a lot more compressed at the bottom.

CallMeShaft

34 Counts
Apr 14, 2014
Worst record odds according to FanDuel

Chicago Blackhawks: -150
San Jose Sharks: +110

Hawks are a slight favorite for dead last.
The Athletic's model today has us finishing with a single point less than San Jose. 53pts for us, 54 for them.

It's very close.

ello

Jun 12, 2018
Is there any chance the Hawks can get another late first-round pick? The playoff teams with late picks are TOR, DAL, VGS, EDM, and NYR. CHI doesn't have a ton to give up but I would imagine Murphy, Beauvillier, and Blackwell at 50% have some value. Pair that with one of the third-round picks which are both before pick 70 and that might be enough to move up to 25-32

This site has us picking Celebrini and Boisvert. It would be nice to add Artamonov late.

Those 3, plus Shuravin, Elick, and Vanacker in the 2nd would be a hell of a draft.
teams really only give up a first for if a top6 F or top4 D is included, which we obviously don’t have to offer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad