2024 NHL Draft Thread - Upd: Draft Lottery is May 7th

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cubs2024wildcard

Hung out with Livvy Dunne. You didnt.
Apr 29, 2015
Right now my board is shaping up;

1. Celebrini
2. Silayev
3. Eiserman

Not buying into the whole "Eisermans stock is dropping" meme cuz the guy....scores goals. The best skill to have to win games and suddenly others are moving ahead of you? Come on, bruh.

That said, the other two are just on another level. Not impressed nor do any of the others stand out as franchise talents. Defense is deep, but most of these guys look like second pairing defenseman if that in the NHL.

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
I just want to point out that back in the day somebody said Matty Berniers was draft inflated by the media, internet, and message board scouts.

That same somebody, who stood firm in his assessment had to deal with the glazing after an average rookie year by Berniers.

And sure enough.....ol Matty Berniers is the suxor.

As for this coming draft, this is a two player draft. There's two elite talents and if the Hawks don't nab one of them after being the leagues spitoon all year Davidson should be fired.
Before patting yourself on the back over your made up story, you should learn his name is Beniers, not Berniers.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
Tarin Smith doing a great job against Catton tonight for Everett. Would be an interesting left shot D to take in the 2nd. Mobile guy that can add some offense and is physical. Might be a bit redundant in our system but I like the player.

MicronMega

Jan 31, 2022
Toronto, NY
Right now my board is shaping up;

1. Celebrini
2. Silayev
3. Eiserman

Not buying into the whole "Eisermans stock is dropping" meme cuz the guy....scores goals. The best skill to have to win games and suddenly others are moving ahead of you? Come on, bruh.

That said, the other two are just on another level. Not impressed nor do any of the others stand out as franchise talents. Defense is deep, but most of these guys look like second pairing defenseman if that in the NHL.
Eiserman scores goals and that is it. HE doesn't play hard in any other area of the game, goals are all he cares about. Watch him in d-zone or on the back check and you will see why his stock is dropping. He is a faster Laine

Reactions: clydesdale line

Cubs2024wildcard

Apr 29, 2015
Eiserman scores goals and that is it. HE doesn't play hard in any other area of the game, goals are all he cares about. Watch him in d-zone or on the back check and you will see why his stock is dropping. He is a faster Laine
Patrick Kane sure as shit wasn't a selke candidate (not comparing Eiserman to Kane but you get the point)

Bedard isn't that good in his own zone, either. Neither is Korchinski and he's a defenseman lol.

Gimme a guy who's only talent is scoring goals and I'll watch a disgusting power play suddenly get better.

Cubs2024wildcard

Apr 29, 2015
I wonder how many here stated in posts they wanted Eiserman or liked posts saying somebody wanted Eiserman if I scrolled back pages......

But say the Hawks get dumped to the third pick;

This team can't score goals.....so let's not draft the guy who can.....score goals.....

Makes perfect, perfect sense...

Last edited:

Kurtosis

GHG
May 26, 2010
The Village Within the City
I wonder how many here stated in posts they wanted Eiserman or liked posts saying somebody wanted Eiserman if I scrolled back pages......

But say the Hawks get dumped to the third pick;

This team can't score goals.....so let's not draft the guy who can.....score goals.....

Makes perfect, perfect sense...
This whole post is terrible.

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
I’m not worried about our future team’s ability to score enough to ever want Patrick Laine jr. Eiserman.

I am slightly concerned about our future teams ability to produce offense from the backend. That’s why the BPA Levshunov at a position of need, and a role of need is an absolute godsend. You get Celebrini and have Toews/Kane (more like Sid/Malkin) or you get just what the doctor ordered.

Seth can’t produce offense. That will not be Vlasic’s role. Korch is an exit/entry guy not a producer.

Cubs2024wildcard

Apr 29, 2015
Hmmmm

Name a better goal scorer then Eiserman in the hawks system.

And before the valkyre cries of "Bedard" reach Valhalla, Bedard isn't in the system considering he's, you know, in the NHL.

CallMeShaft

34 Counts
Apr 14, 2014
Hmmmm

Name a better goal scorer then Eiserman in the hawks system.

And before the valkyre cries of "Bedard" reach Valhalla, Bedard isn't in the system considering he's, you know, in the NHL.
Hmmmm

Name a more one dimensional winger than Eiserman expected to go in the top half of the 1st round.

Cubs2024wildcard

Apr 29, 2015
I'll take that as "there isn't a better goal scorer then Eiserman in the Hawks system"

Not that Bedard isn't one dimensional or Korchinski or anything......

CallMeShaft

34 Counts
Apr 14, 2014
Bedard isn't one dimensional unless you're lumping all the ways a player can contribute offensively as one dimensional. Which is a lazy as f*** way of evaluating talent.

But why am I surprised that the guy who has shit talked Bedard since we got him, even so much as changing their name into a dig on Bedard, views Connor as one dimensional...

Cubs2024wildcard

Apr 29, 2015
Yes, because Bedard, great player offensively-read- one dimensional, is suddenly multiple offensive dimensions compared to Eiserman who is just one dimension and pretty much the most important dimension at that.

Good lord.

Scoring goals- Hawks bad
Scoring goals- Eiserman good

Drifting away from "who is better at Scoring goals in the Hawks system then Eiserman " because it's a checkmate......

• Haha
Reactions: ChiHawks10

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
Let’s follow your train of thought.

How many pure goal scorers does a cup championship team need?

The kings cups? The Hawks cups? The Bruins? Colorado? Tampa with Stamkos?

Hawks prospects score just fine. Eiserman is the best scorer in the draft but what does that matter when you do nothing else? You’re just Patrick Laine then

Cubs2024wildcard

Apr 29, 2015
Let’s follow your train of thought.

How many pure goal scorers does a cup championship team need?

The kings cups? The Hawks cups? The Bruins? Colorado? Tampa with Stamkos?

Hawks prospects score just fine. Eiserman is the best scorer in the draft but what does that matter when you do nothing else? You’re just Patrick Laine then
Or Auston Matthews?

Mike Bossy?

Phil Esposito?

Bret Hull?

His scumbag father?

When did a "pure" goal scorer suddenly become a bad thing?

I'm sorry. It's a checkmate. There isn't a player in the Hawks system with the talent Eiserman has at scoring goals nor do any of the Hawks prospects score fine enough to be on that kids level.

And for the record- I want the Hawks to take the Russian defenseman if they don't get the first overall. But I'm also not going to knock a 17 year old kid who has more talent doing the most important thing in hockey then any of the kids currently in the Hawks system.

CallMeShaft

34 Counts
Apr 14, 2014
Or Auston Matthews?

Mike Bossy?

Phil Esposito?

Bret Hull?

His scumbag father?

When did a "pure" goal scorer suddenly become a bad thing?

I'm sorry. It's a checkmate. There isn't a player in the Hawks system with the talent Eiserman has at scoring goals nor do any of the Hawks prospects score fine enough to be on that kids level.

And for the record- I want the Hawks to take the Russian defenseman if they don't get the first overall. But I'm also not going to knock a 17 year old kid who has more talent doing the most important thing in hockey then any of the kids currently in the Hawks system.
You continually knock the 18yo kid who is still leading his NHL team in points and goals despite being injured the last month.

Why don't you make a poll on the main boards, asking other fanbases if they see Eiserman as the next Matthews, or Bossy, or Esposito, or Hull? And go and throw in an option for the next Laine. If you think we (HF Hawks) are off base, show us.

I know you frequent the main boards often enough as is to shit talk this team every chance you get, so shouldn't be hard to make a poll thread there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad