2024 NHL Draft Thread - Upd: Draft Lottery is May 7th

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kurtosis

GHG
May 26, 2010
The Village Within the City
Or Auston Matthews?

Mike Bossy?

Phil Esposito?

Bret Hull?

His scumbag father?

When did a "pure" goal scorer suddenly become a bad thing?

I'm sorry. It's a checkmate. There isn't a player in the Hawks system with the talent Eiserman has at scoring goals nor do any of the Hawks prospects score fine enough to be on that kids level.

And for the record- I want the Hawks to take the Russian defenseman if they don't get the first overall. But I'm also not going to knock a 17 year old kid who has more talent doing the most important thing in hockey then any of the kids currently in the Hawks system.
Another terrible post on a board the poster isn’t even a fan of. Actually a poster that actively roots against the team.

Space umpire

Nov 15, 2018
Cocoa Beach, Florida
Yes, because Bedard, great player offensively-read- one dimensional, is suddenly multiple offensive dimensions compared to Eiserman who is just one dimension and pretty much the most important dimension at that.

Good lord.

Scoring goals- Hawks bad
Scoring goals- Eiserman good

Drifting away from "who is better at Scoring goals in the Hawks system then Eiserman " because it's a checkmate......
So scoring 10 goals but being the primary cause of 9 against
Is better to you than scoring 7 goals but being the primary cause of 1 against?
Scoring goals is fun, winning games is funner!

Cubs2024wildcard

Hung out with Livvy Dunne. You didnt.
Apr 29, 2015
Kevin Korchinski is a minus 22 with 40 something giveaways.

Lol wat?

Drafting a goal scorer= bad

Cheering a defenseman who can't play defense= good

Last edited:

Space umpire

Nov 15, 2018
Cocoa Beach, Florida
I'll take that as "there isn't a better goal scorer then Eiserman in the Hawks system"

Not that Bedard isn't one dimensional or Korchinski or anything......
You should watch games instead of pretending to have a correct opinion.

Both the guys you referenced work in their own end. Eiserman doesn’t!
Bedard (and Kane) who handle the puck offensively for a majority of their ice time (this expends a lot of energy, ask a friend that plays) are kept up high ( notice Donato or Kurashev play down low defensively).

But here is the push, once either got the puck they could make something happen with it. Eiserman is not that guy. He doesn’t handle the puck and set up linemates. He can score but relies on others to do the puck work.
That type of player has to play his position defensively.
He’s the same TYPE of player (scoring wise) as say Ovi or DeBrincat yet both of them play a defensive game as well. Some of Ovi’s hardest hits are in his own zone.

CallMeShaft

34 Counts
Apr 14, 2014
Why are you people feeding the trolls?

The ignore feature is your best friend.
Trolls? There aren't any trolls here. Trolling is against the rules, I should know because I've been told that numerous times when responding to certain posters.

Do you really think this site would just go and allow a poster's entire persona to be that of a troll and not take action after the numerous times they've shown who they really are?!?

Note: I do not blame either of the Hawks moderators for their handling of certain posters. This is more of a flaw in the rules that a poster can skirt the line THIS much and get away with it, as opposed to any inaction from the mods.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont

Him discussing this play was really interesting. He says he puts the puck in an awkward spot where he's almost baiting the defender to think he can knock it away but uses that bait to beat him wide.

Also discussing putting the puck to an area because he knew his linemate was fresh and the defender had been out a while and his guy would easily win the race. Those are things I personally love.

CallMeShaft

34 Counts
Apr 14, 2014
Just don't engage certain people and if you do understand there's a way to go about it.
Mod who wants players to drop the gloves and fight after opposing team slapshots on an open net also wants people to turn the other cheek and ignore certain posters.

Be honest, you just don't want to deal with the aftermath. You're the ref wanting the game to end quickly and without any drama.

Join us having fun on the sideline and just make Shogun do the dirty work.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
Mod who wants players to drop the gloves and fight after opposing team slapshots on an open net also wants people to turn the other cheek and ignore certain posters.

Be honest, you just don't want to deal with the aftermath. You're the ref wanting the game to end quickly and without any drama.

Join us having fun on the sideline and just make Shogun do the dirty work.
Laughed way too hard at this. Believe it or not I was the Tinordi who would start throwing not because it bugged me but because it was my role on the team. Big Irish kid. Broad shoulders. Played up the lineup because coaches liked me.

Pretty much how I moderate.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
If the Hawks draft Catton then between Bedard playing Juniors in Regina and Korchinski and Catton being from Saksatoon, the Hawks would really be leaning into the Saskatchewan roots.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
I recorded a couple of Torpedo games. Man Artamonov is really f***ing good. I like that guy a lot. Would be comfortable with him with the Tampa pick. He might go higher. His off puck movement is great. Really understands the game. Those are my soft spot guys. Cerebral guys who aren't afraid of getting to the center of the ice.

I just really don't like the guys you try and project based on size and ignore a lot of the other stuff. A lot of the time you can teach them enough about the game and they can use all their tools to stick around but the hockey sense is just a ceiling limiter.

I feel that way about Levshunov. He's like Bogosian or Risto to me. I mean Bogosian is a bit harsh but Risto feels like spot on.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
I recorded a couple of Torpedo games. Man Artamonov is really f***ing good. I like that guy a lot. Would be comfortable with him with the Tampa pick. He might go higher. His off puck movement is great. Really understands the game. Those are my soft spot guys. Cerebral guys who aren't afraid of getting to the center of the ice.
Yeah I'm really high on him. I think he's the best playmaker in the draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad