2024 NHL Draft Thread Part 2 - Picks 2 & 18 in the 1st Round

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who do we take?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
I don't want Laine either.

He's a hell of a goal scorer when he wants to be but he can't seem to stay on the ice for one reason or another. He's not the type of player I would commit to for 7-8 years at a super high cap hit.

I haven't seen anyone vouch for drafting Cole Eiserman either with the 2nd pick or trading up to 12 if he slips that far. Why would you trade for the same type of player who only gives you 50 games a year and makes 8.7?
They don't need to commit he's got two years left and is exactly the kind of talent you put around Bedard if the cost is cheap enough.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Guentzel makes the most sense out of the forwards if Kane is off the table - played with Sid for a long time so you know he gets the stamp of approval on his character and how he plays/thinks the game, produces in regular season and postseason, doesn't cost anything other than cap space, only concern is his ask goes up into the max term at 9m range to play on a team far away from competing at all...KD should just sign Guentzel and Kane and staple them to Bedard's line then go Kurashev-Nazar-Reichel on the 2nd line but higher ups are so adamant about Kane never playing for them again

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Does Laine have a NMC in last year of his deal? He might be really motivated as he approaches contract year and they could flip him for a significant haul or extend him and keep it going if he does well with say Bedard

belfour30

Connor Bedard Fangirl
Dec 14, 2019
Remember her takes on Hagel, fun times...
Embarassing.

While my Kurashev take might be hyperbole, remind me what he did for the 14 games when Bedard was on the shelf?

Also, I really liked Kurashev as a prospect but the reality is that he did nothing until put on a line with Bedard.

Malaka

you know, **** it, let’s just not think so much
Mar 3, 2020
www.youtube.com
Guentzel is a stud

Who is cashing in on UFA and has some bad shoulders iirc

I think someone did an analysis of UFA signings over the last couple decades and the only positive situations were something like Hossa and Pavelski lol

I think Guentzel is a hell of a player but a lot of free agency is buyer beware.

WarLax

Apr 17, 2016
Embarassing.

While my Kurashev take might be hyperbole, remind me what he did for the 14 games when Bedard was on the shelf?

Also, I really liked Kurashev as a prospect but the reality is that he did nothing until put on a line with Bedard.

Remind all of us what the entire team did without Bedard?

Was it......dead last in scoring by a mile? To pin that failure on Kurashev is extremely disingenuous at best.

BHawks77

Mar 22, 2023
Embarassing.

Not many players can can make do on their own in the NHL its a team game. Kurashev clearly showed he can make things happen when he gets help. Sure he isnt probable going to be more than a third line player but you need those too on a good team.

He has good work ethic, good skating, decent two way player and can chip in in the offensive zone. So to say hes ahl/nhl tweener is kind of under selling him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad