2024 NHL Draft Thread Part 2 - Picks 2 & 18 in the 1st Round

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who do we take?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
So what are the Hawks not seeing in Demidov to not want him at 2?
Kyle and Doneghey are looking for speed. Demidov at best projects to be NHL average.

He's stuck playing in the MHL and hasn't been challenged. In the very few KHL/VHL games he played, he looked unspectacular. Will he even be allowed to play in the KHL next year? Or is he wasting another full year of development in the MHL again?

That being said, we don't know who the Blackhawks want at 2. It very well could be Demidov. Can't trust anything the media puts out there because it could all be smokescreens.

Sacha BOXviert

GoHawks
Jul 20, 2022

1) Really feels like Levshunov is going to be the pick. Won't love it but looks like I'll watch even more Big10 next year.
2) MBN is just another Moore type pick. I just don't see real high end upside.

Disappointing, to say the least. Going out with these two players from the top 20 of the Draft is a tremendous loss of capital.
I'd rather they go for offensive potential in the first round, and draft Harrison Brunicke and Letourneau/Beaudoin/O'Reilly in the second round, for example

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
I refuse to believe that people would be upset about taking MBN at 18. Davidson should be sprinting to the podium if he’s there
Hes just more of what we have. Middle 6 type guy that plays hard. In a vacuum I like him. I don’t see the upside others do.

MTU34

Oct 6, 2020
Hes just more of what we have. Middle 6 type guy that plays hard. In a vacuum I like him. I don’t see the upside others do.
We really don’t have anyone with his profile in the system. Elite forecheckers with realistic 25 goal/50 point upside aren’t all that common. He’s the perfect complementary top 6 winger. You take that and run at 18. I’d have a hard time believing there’d even be guys with significantly better upside to swing on anyways

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
We really don’t have anyone with his profile in the system. Elite forecheckers with realistic 25 goal/50 point upside aren’t all that common. He’s the perfect complementary top 6 winger. You take that and run at 18. I’d have a hard time believing there’d even be guys with significantly better upside to swing on anyways
I think Moore and MBN will fit into a similar statistical profile at the pro level. I think Slaggert also fits that profile. I think Gavin Hayes, to a lesser extent, will fit that profile. (minus the elite skating)

MTU34

Oct 6, 2020
I think Moore and MBN will fit into a similar statistical profile at the pro level. I think Slaggert also fits that profile. I think Gavin Hayes, to a lesser extent, will fit that profile. (minus the elite skating)
Moore may fit a similar statistical profile but they’re very different players. Slaggert and Hayes don’t come close to having the upside that MBN has

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
I just don't see the upside others see. He's not deceptive or creative. He's a stout kid that can work hard, forecheck and rip pucks. I like that, but I'd rather swing on guys like Hage, Jiricek, Chernyshov. I like Stiga better as well.

Moore may fit a similar statistical profile but they’re very different players. Slaggert and Hayes don’t come close to having the upside that MBN has
I see them all filling similar roles at the professional level. Yeah I like MBN more than Hayes and Slaggert, and I expect him to be more effective, but I don't see him being anything other than a 25-15 guy.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Think #34 + #67 and Leafs 1st in 2025 could get Hawks Vegas #19 pick?

Walking away with 3 first round picks again would be great for system and having #18 and #19 back to back could get Hawks two gems

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont

Walking away with 3 first round picks again would be great for system and having #18 and #19 back to back could get Hawks two gems
I mean probably yeah, but thats too much to give up and I'd rather just gamble on the next draft being better and deeper.

MTU34

Oct 6, 2020

Wouldn’t want to include the leafs pick in any trade up deals this year (unless it’s into the top 10 or something). We have more than enough 2s and 3s to get back into the late first if someone they like slips a bit (Boisvert maybe? They’ve been linked and while I think it’s a bit rich at 18 I definitely wouldn’t mind moving back in to get him)

TJBrocker

May 6, 2019
Vegas aren't trading their pick this year, the draft is being held there and they intentionally kept it at the TDL this year.

Reactions: Pez68

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
I mean probably yeah, but thats too much to give up and I'd rather just gamble on the next draft being better and deeper.

Leafs pick next year will most likely be around what it is this year (#23)

I woudln't say a late 1st, early 2nd and early 3rd i that bad of value to parlay into a teen pick this year

We still have plenty of trade chips in coming years even after moving Leafs 1st

Vegas aren't trading their pick this year, the draft is being held there and they intentionally kept it at the TDL this year.

Forgot about that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad