2024 NHL Draft Thread Part 2 - Picks 2 & 18 in the 1st Round

Who do we take?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

statswatcher

Jul 27, 2022
You're dense if you believe the Blackhawks don't have connections.
can you not be a slippery toad in response to disagreement just once? of course the blackhawks have “connections” vaguely contrued. for all i know, it’s also possible they know how tall demidov is. the difference between me saying that and what you are saying is i have enough humility to say that i am speculating. you assert every wild notion that springs from your most august and voluminous mind as though it were divine revelation, and we are foolish doubting thomases for even daring to second guess whether or not you know what you say you know.

and the worst part is once you actually get something right broken clock style, whether it be this, or dickinson going at 2, or some random asshole who goes in the third round being better than some other random asshole who also goes in the third round, you’re gonna throw a damn parade about it.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
can you not be a slippery toad in response to disagreement just once? of course the blackhawks have “connections” vaguely contrued. for all i know, it’s also possible they know how tall demidov is. the difference between me saying that and what you are saying is i have enough humility to say that i am speculating. you assert every wild notion that springs from your most august and voluminous mind as though it were divine revelation, and we are foolish doubting thomases for even daring to second guess whether or not you know what you say you know.

and the worst part is once you actually get something right broken clock style, whether it be this, or dickinson going at 2, or some random asshole who goes in the third round being better than some other random asshole who also goes in the third round, you’re gonna throw a damn parade about it.
Don't you have an alt account to run?

Styles

No Light, No Signal
Apr 6, 2017
I’ve never seen so many people upset that we might draft the most coveted position in hockey. Also hilarious that Hawks brass are waiting for measurements on Demidov before they make a choice. They know. And frankly if our scouting department is waiting on measurements to make that choice they should all be fired.

Last edited:

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
The good news: you have a completely full stable of “in the money” ready to go young big playoff style defensemen on both sides.

The exact thing that caused Edmonton to fail for a decade with elite talent. The exact thing that causes Buffalo to continue to flounder. The exact thing that led Chicago and LA and Boston and Tampa to flourish

Out of Levshunov, Vlasic, Korchinski, Rinzel, Jones, Del Mastro, Kaiser you will get 4 top 4…like it would be shocking to not get 4 out of that group of D. and you have 4 shots at a bona fide 1D. My eyes odds:Lev 25% Vlasic 20% korchinski 15%, Rinzel 5%.

Then you have this generations mcdavid. Fill it in around him you have HORSES on the back end.

Styles

No Light, No Signal
Apr 6, 2017
HF hawks when it comes to the draft.

IMG_2662.jpeg

Sacha BOXviert

GoHawks
Jul 20, 2022
I try to be positive every time I watch Levshunov videos but he just doesn't pass the eye test with me. I always end up thinking that he is the most overrated player this year, I don't know with what intention they wanted to sell him to us this year but I simply don't see an elite ability in him. Too many avoidable errors in the most basic part of the game. Chicago's scouting department is going to have to explain well what they have seen and what they want from him in the future.
This player is not even better than Rinzel in the overall game, which makes me question many things about his ceiling.

Mjul Qvist

Nov 28, 2009
Whoever they pick there is a ton of data backing out about the player they choose. We have our opinions and sometimes they are strong but based more on gut feelings than facts. Yes we maybe get to see these players play but there is lot more than that when teams evaluate these young players. And there is reason why Levshunov is considered as one of the top if not the top dman this year.

Larmer83

I'm taking the high road moving forward.
May 13, 2018
Lakewood, CO
I try to be positive every time I watch Levshunov videos but he just doesn't pass the eye test with me. I always end up thinking that he is the most overrated player this year, I don't know with what intention they wanted to sell him to us this year but I simply don't see an elite ability in him. Too many avoidable errors in the most basic part of the game. Chicago's scouting department is going to have to explain well what they have seen and what they want from him in the future.
This player is not even better than Rinzel in the overall game, which makes me question many things about his ceiling.
I don't know about the bolded but perhaps that should speak more to the development path of Rinzel. Celibrate that as opposed to angst over a pick none of us can control.

Between Rinzel and Ryan Greene, I find them to be the two prospects most Hawks fans are sleeping on. Maybe not sleeping, certainly napping.

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
Levshunov is probably the best skating defenseman in his draft (he and Emery in my opinion). His pivots, straight line speed, etc are all very good. He can be pretty physical, he's big, he has an deceptive shot and he can pass to the open man (not elite vision but it isn't tunnel either). The tools are there. I question his brain but I'm alot higher on him than others. Again the kid jumped 3 levels in 3 years. 3 different systems he had to learn. And more than held his own plus had to adapt to NA ice, culture change, moving away from family, etc. It's actually pretty remarkable what he's done and how rapidly he's developed.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
Levshunov is a good player but I don't project a player with high offensive output at D, which is really going to limit the true ceiling. I'd rather take Buium if I am taking a D.

But that isn't what is going to happen. Its likely going to be Levshunov.

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
Levshunov is a good player but I don't project a player with high offensive output at D, which is really going to limit the true ceiling. I'd rather take Buium if I am taking a D.

But that isn't what is going to happen. Its likely going to be Levshunov.
Well maybe we’ll try to trade up and get to Catton, gotta think that second first is going to be a forward.

Reactions: TLEH

ello

Jun 12, 2018
205 at 6'1.75 is already filled out. Not a whole lot of room for growth. For how coveted he is for his size, that's pretty small to be honest. Thought he was going to be 6'2.5+ to be honest. As a forward Demidov is like what? An inch or so shorter?
Yea Id imagine that's pretty around average sized for an NHL dman. I think NHL average is 6'1", with dmen being a little bigger

His size is definitely a big selling point apparently and the kid is shorter than Jonathan Toews

ello

Jun 12, 2018
Levshunov's biggest calling card is being the big "toolsy" player yet he's slower AND smaller than Sam Dickinson. Dickinson also measured to be one of the leanest players at the combine so he likely has plenty of weight he can afford to put on.

If we do draft Lev it's going to be really hard to be convinced that we went BPA and not for positional need

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad