2024 NHL Draft Thread Part 2 - Picks 2 & 18 in the 1st Round

Who do we take?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheFridge

Mar 20, 2022

Pronman is all aboard the Levshunov train.

I put this in the prospects section as well:

Their ranking was quite bad this year. Chicago being the back-half of the league is a joke. How many other teams have prospects that had the years we saw out of Kantserov, Hayes and Ludwinski -- that didn't crack their own teams top-10?

Mjul Qvist

Nov 28, 2009
We're picking second and eighteen. Every prospect outside of Celebrini should be under the microscope.

What I meant was that I see Dickinson a strong candidate to be picked by Hawks with that second overall pick. I guess the pick will be either Demidov, Dickinson, Levshunov or Lindstrom.

Reactions: crazyhawk

crazyhawk

Apr 8, 2011
In the Hills
What I meant was that I see Dickinson a strong candidate to be picked by Hawks with that second overall pick. I guess the pick will be either Demidov, Dickinson, Levshunov or Lindstrom.
With all things being equal it would seem odd to go for a LD .. though he could be a Scott Neidermayer as an optimistic projection but again is he the BPA?
I tend to lean to the big C in Lindstrom if and only if his back in particular is completely healthy which is a big if presently. I'm not high on Levshunov so this leaves Demidov through the process of elimination. Alas we are not at the combine and don't have access to the degree of info the Hawk team has so all we can do is wait!

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
Davidson gets an F if he takes an LD at 2. We so badly need a top flight forward to help Bedard.

Imagine having Connor stranded on the talent island, and instead of giving the guy a boat to get off the island, you drop off a Ferrari. Great the car looks wonderful, but he’s still stranded on the f***ing island.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
Davidson gets an F if he takes an LD at 2. We so badly need a top flight forward to help Bedard.

Imagine having Connor stranded on the talent island, and instead of giving the guy a boat to get off the island, you drop off a Ferrari. Great the car looks wonderful, but he’s still stranded on the f***ing island.
BPA

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012

Do you want a team built to win or a flashy result?

Besides... Buium has largely played RD anyway. Being left handed shouldn't be some limiting factor.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
If Davidson doesn't want to use #2 on Demidov or Lev then he should seek a trade down

Target Montreal (#5) or Ottawa (#7) and see if they have interest

Or if they like guys in range at #9 see if Flames want to jump up for Iginla's kid

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
I'm low key hoping everything checks out with Lindstrom's back and there's no longer term issues. If that's the case, he's my pick at #2.

But I would bet that won't be the case with his medicals.

TheFridge

Mar 20, 2022
He sucks.

Pronman doesn't suck. I'm also not sure why everyone thinks Levshunov doesn't have strong hockey sense. All the kid has done the last two years is produce. How many stupid defensemen put up almost a PpG as freshmen in college? You only do that if you're making a ton of plays. The issue with Levshunov isn't that he's stupid (or has average/bad hockey sense), it's that he's overly aggressive offensively and in transition, by the sounds of it.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Pronman doesn't suck. I'm also not sure why everyone thinks Levshunov doesn't have strong hockey sense. All the kid has done the last two years is produce. How many stupid defensemen put up almost a PpG as freshmen in college? You only do that if you're making a ton of plays. The issue with Levshunov isn't that he's stupid (or has average/bad hockey sense), it's that he's overly aggressive offensively and in transition, by the sounds of it.
Being overly aggressive tells me his IQ isn't very high, because you have to know when to do it, and when not to do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad