NHL Entry Draft 2024 NHL Draft Talk

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Well two slam dunks at 2 and 4. That draft was so stacked the people that went right after those picks look like superstars as well lol. Can’t miss.
Did pretty well in 2020

Greig was a fine pick. Kleven is tracking to be a third pair d man which is fine.

They’ve draft so many guys that could not play. Not needed during a complete rebuild.

Don’t know why they were kept around

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
lets hope hi will be our adam fox, and not right footed chychrun
He's a right hand chychrun if we are Lucky.... Chychrun's skating is far better

They went with a RD and they went with Nasty,,, They picked the worst defender in the group... He can't defend on the rush his skating and pivots are brutal. He needs a lot of growth defensively and is a high risk pick to get a RD and the Nasty. We'll see I hope I am wrong on him but don't expect miracles

h2

Mar 26, 2002
The difference is that. Every source available said tkatchuk was great.

Every source available says yakemchuk can’t skate and has trouble defending.
This isn’t an exaggeration at all!

We’ll find out in a few years. The point is neither you or I know for certain, it’s not worth a board meltdown over.

Erik Alfredsson

Beast Mode Cowboy!
Jan 14, 2012
I gotta say, I didn't watch much of Yakemchuk so I'm not really the most knowledgeable on his game, but I'm a little shocked to see the heavy negative reaction in here. He's a big right shot dman who is mean, very physical, can score goals, and is great with the puck on his stick. I'm sure there's some flaws in his game (every prospect has them), but why do people dislike this pick so quickly? Simply because 4 other dmen were ranked ahead of him? Strange reasoning.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I gotta say, I didn't watch much of Yakemchuk so I'm not really the most knowledgeable on his game, but I'm a little shocked to see the heavy negative reaction in here. He's a big right shot dman who is mean, very physical, can score goals, and is great with the puck on his stick. I'm sure there's some flaws in his game (every prospect has them), but why do people dislike this pick so quickly? Simply because 4 other dmen were ranked ahead of him? Strange reasoning.

I see pond hockey and size and skill that weak 16 and 17 year olds simply can’t deal with

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007

I think what most fans do is go by the consensus draft order from analysts and use that as their gauge

Reactions: Erik Alfredsson

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Well two slam dunks at 2 and 4. That draft was so stacked the people that went right after those picks look like superstars as well lol. Can’t miss.

Greig was a fine pick. Kleven is tracking to be a third pair d man which is fine.

They’ve draft so many guys that could not play. Not needed during a complete rebuild.

Don’t know why they were kept around
Lots of people wanted Drysdale at 5 and preferred Byfield over Stu, though LA made that choice for us.

Reactions: DrEasy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad