NHL Entry Draft 2024 NHL Draft Talk

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Erik Alfredsson

Beast Mode Cowboy!
Jan 14, 2012
While we didn't "Boucher" the pick, the likes of Silayev, Buium, Dickinson and Parekh still being out there will make us hate this pick for the next decade.
I don't think any of those guys are any safer bets than Yakemchuk, all 4 of those guys have their fair share of red flags in their games as well (except maybe Dickinson, but his red flag is that he seems kind of unremarkable in comparison to the other dmen going in the top half of this draft).

frightenedinmatenum2

Sep 30, 2023
Orange County Prison
To be fair, I don't think you could count on Yakemchuk being available if we moved back more than one or two spots.

Moving back is only possible if a team wants multiple guys. If there is one guy available, moving back is too risky. It doesn't matter what public lists have the player.

It's why this happens almost every draft where a team in the 3-10 range goes off the board and the fans wonder why they didn't trade back. It's just not possible.

Reactions: DrEasy

h2

Mar 26, 2002
While we didn't "Boucher" the pick, the likes of Silayev, Buium, Dickinson and Parekh still being out there will make us hate this pick for the next decade.
That’s what Zadina fans said about Tkachuk in 2018.

Nothing is certain with the draft. The outrage is nuts.

DylanSensFan

BEESHIP: NBH
Aug 3, 2010
Calgary
He already looks bigger than Lassi and he hasn't filled out yet. We thought Englund was a bust and he was an absolute scary ass monster in the playoffs for the Kings from my perspective. Big D take some time.
Lol at Sens pick this is Lassi thompson 2.0 . Al the tools no toolbox. And he has the same looks😂😂

albator71

Jan 12, 2010
CANADA
Anyway its bad pick , dont know what will be future , but today its very very bad pick,

if you want risk take parekh, if you want best player available, take buium , silayev or dickinson

i dont understand at all
So you say but how many years of scouting experience do you have? What makes you an expert?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad