NHL Entry Draft 2024 NHL Draft Talk

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Jan 19, 2006
Calgary
Im fired up about Yakemchuk. Unicorn type player. Unreal skill, size, mean, righty. What's not to like. 30 goals as a d man lol. 120 pims, 5 fights!
Well... from scouting reports. Skating backwards.

To be fair, Karlsson couldn't do that either for his first few years in the league. (and after Cooke) lol

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Same head scout.
Yeah, but this is literally a new era. We have a new GM, we are building a new scouting staff. We have a new owner. This isn't the same Senators of the Melnyk era. Please let go and try to be a bit more trusting of the process. I trust Staios. He has a vision and I believe he knows what he's doing.

Erik Alfredsson

Beast Mode Cowboy!
Jan 14, 2012
You have dozens of those guys left from the 2nd round on. You don't need to find grit at #7.
There aren't many 6'3 RHD that score 30 goals in the 2nd round.

And on the contrary, grit is harder to come by with this younger generation of players. Skill is the thing that there seems to be an abundance of. Pretty much everyone drafted so far has a wicked shot for example.

Reactions: albator71

Wallet Inspector

Jan 19, 2013
I'll sound like a drama queen but my entire evening is ruined.

This team sucked for months only to draft a guy with a bunch of red flags.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
Way back I had my eye on Yakemchuk, and I am glad we got him. Big kid, has edge and can wire a puck like nobody business. How nice to have our own Bouchard back there!

Reactions: DylanSensFan

SlapJack

Scum bag Sens
Dec 6, 2010
I didn't realize Yakemchuk had sick mitts. Thought he was just a big guy with a big shot, but his hands are not D like at all.

Honestly with the draft being so unpredictable this year, it could turn out to be a genius pick. Or not but we'll just call Ottawa losers of the draft now because it's not too early or anything

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Well... from scouting reports. Skating backwards.

To be fair, Karlsson couldn't do that either for his first few years in the league. (and after Cooke) lol

Nevermind who is showing this... Watch what he shows. This and HockeyProspect's review of him should scare you from drafting him in the top 10

And I will say where he is good. Parekh is better

RD with Nasty... and so much to learn to defend in the NHL

Reactions: SensFactor

Ad

Ad

Ad