NHL Entry Draft 2024 NHL Draft Talk

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Senator Stanley

Dec 11, 2003
Visit site
For the dinner counters, an incomplete and unofficial list from reporters at the combine:

Chicago - Levshunov
Anaheim - _____
Columbus - Sennecke, Lindstrom
Montreal - Lindstrom, Iginla, Dickinson
Utah - Helenius, Catton, Sennecke, Dickinson
Ottawa - _____

No Demidov or Silayev listed, as neither are at the combine. Notable that Levshunov confirms he only had dinner with Chicago, which suggests Anaheim wasn't doing dinners (or they're not interested in him, but that seems unlikely).

Last edited:

Senator Stanley

Dec 11, 2003
Visit site
I've only watched the defence so far, still getting to the forwards. Can you give the sparknotes on Sennecke? Seems to be a big riser

3.6% is very unhealthy. I'm hoping for his own sake he just temporarily cut to impress at the combine, because staying at that for long spans can be very detrimental to your health.

Probably has more to do with his season ending a week ago and a long playoff run. Guys who play in the Memorial Cup often don't test at all, but this year he and Parekh chose to. They would be in pretty different conditions than guys who started their summers a month or two ago.

SENATOR

Feb 6, 2004
Ottawa
GPkWQ31XMAAvBPI.jpeg

Drafting Parekh. Sens will have Chabot also be available for a trade.

Emerica

May 29, 2010
For the dinner counters, an incomplete and unofficial list from reporters at the combine:

Chicago - Levshunov
Anaheim - _____
Columbus - Sennecke, Lindstrom
Montreal - Lindstrom, Iginla, Dickinson
Utah - Helenius, Catton, Sennecke, Dickinson
Ottawa - _____

No Demidov or Silayev listed, as neither are at the combine. Notable that Levshunov confirms he only had dinner with Chicago, which suggests Anaheim wasn't doing dinners (or they're not interested in him, but that seems unlikely).
No word on who we interviewed so far? I'm assuming we'll see a video from Sens twitter once the combine is done and we'll maybe see a few snippets of interviews like we have in the past.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
No word on who we interviewed so far? I'm assuming we'll see a video from Sens twitter once the combine is done and we'll maybe see a few snippets of interviews like we have in the past.
Around 70 prospects supposedly.
That seems to be about the same for most teams.

SENATOR

Feb 6, 2004
Ottawa
Drafting Iginla we will truly get a top 6 forward and a replacement for Giroux. He will be better then Norris and Pinto combined. You can always find D (Zub), but you never ever find someone like Matthew Tkachuk, if you are not Florida, AG is not the son of the NHL hockey operations Campbell+ provincial tax heaven+good weather.

Senator Stanley

Dec 11, 2003
Visit site

I haven't seen anything about Ottawa, but the list I posted was just dinners. Most teams interview 60+ players, but some teams also take a select few out for dinner. These details just came out from reporters asking he players questions. The fact that nobody mentioned Ottawa suggests that Ottawa wasn't doing dinners this week.

In the past, pre-Covid, we've brought some players to Ottawa between the combine and draft.

Reactions: Emerica

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Buium only being 6'0 as a late-birthday and Catton being 5'10.25 won't help their chances of going high in the top 10.

I expect both will be available at 7 and if any scouting staff in the league will pass on them at that spot it'll be our size queen scouts.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Almost certain the body fat % tests for Dickinson and Emery were faulty.

Both being massive outliers and having the same % down to two decimal points makes it pretty obvious.
There was a guy that got 3.64 last year too, and someone got 4% in 2015.

It is possible for athletes to get this low, but it's not something you could or would want to maintain. You'd basically be able to see the guys veins all over.

If the test saw a result that low, they would pretty quickly be able to tell if it was a faulty reading just by looking at the kid, not saying they definitely weren't faulty readings, but it's odd that they would publish it if they were.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
I've only watched the defence so far, still getting to the forwards. Can you give the sparknotes on Sennecke? Seems to be a big riser

3.6% is very unhealthy. I'm hoping for his own sake he just temporarily cut to impress at the combine, because staying at that for long spans can be very detrimental to your health.
Sennecke is a tall thin kid, “rangy”, skates well, has very good hands. He needs to add strength. Main concern is he can turn into a black hole offensively sometimes, puck goes to him and never comes back. I wouldn’t take him at 7, but I wouldn’t be shocked if he goes top 10.

Somebody help me understand the Iginla hype. Skilled winger who isn’t physical and looks to have an on and off motor.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Buium only being 6'0 as a late-birthday and Catton being 5'10.25 won't help their chances of going high in the top 10.

I expect both will be available at 7 and if any scouting staff in the league will pass on them at that spot it'll be our size queen scouts.
Depending who else is available I’d be happy with either. Catton feels like he has a very high ceiling at the next level but he’s a winger, I love his compete level and skill. As long as we don’t take Iginla or Parekh I’m going to be happy.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Somebody help me understand the Iginla hype. Skilled winger who isn’t physical and looks to have an on and off motor.

He's not a powerforward like his dad but he's not soft by any means. Effort level defensively is a work in progress but he's a puck hound and has one of the best sticks in the draft when it comes to stealing pucks, which is one of the most reliable indicators of hockey IQ.

One of the best shots in the draft, excellent hands and can create his own offense, which he had to do almost all year playing behind Cristall at LW on Kelowna's 2nd line. His stats, while very good, aren't elite for that reason. 47G and 84P playing the role he did is quite impressive.

He projects pretty easily as a top 6 forward, and absolutely has top line winger potential. Don't like putting hard caps on the ceiling of players like him that have steep development curves and took a major step forward from 16 to 17.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
He's not a powerforward like his dad but he's not soft by any means. Effort level defensively is a work in progress but he's a puck hound and has one of the best sticks in the draft when it comes to stealing pucks, which is one of the most reliable indicators of hockey IQ.

One of the best shots in the draft, excellent hands and can create his own offense, which he had to do almost all year playing behind Cristall at LW on Kelowna's 2nd line. His stats, while very good, aren't elite for that reason. 47G and 84P playing the role he did is quite impressive.

He projects pretty easily as a top 6 forward, and absolutely has top line winger potential. Don't like putting hard caps on the ceiling of players like him that have steep development curves and took a major step forward from 16 to 17.
I’d be much happier with Catton. Guy reminds me of Seth Jarvis in his draft year.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
I’d be much happier with Catton. Guy reminds me of Seth Jarvis in his draft year.

That's fine, but Iginla projects as good or better compared to a guy like Jack Quinn, who went above Jarvis in 2020.

Right or wrong (usually wrong) scouts don't like taking small scorers high in the draft, and it should shock no one if Iginla goes higher on draft day.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
That's fine, but Iginla projects as good or better compared to a guy like Jack Quinn, who went above Jarvis in 2020.

Right or wrong (usually wrong) scouts don't like taking small scorers high in the draft, and it should shock no one if Iginla goes higher on draft day.
I haven’t seen a whole lot of Iginla but I saw most of Jack Quinn’s CHL games, Quinn was a different level.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
I haven’t seen a whole lot of Iginla but I saw most of Jack Quinn’s CHL games, Quinn was a different level.

Quinn had 52 goals and 89 points in 62 games in his 18YR old season
Iginla had 47 goals and 84 points in 64 games in his 17YR old season

Similar skillsets and almost identical seasons on paper, but Tij did it a year earlier.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad