2024 NHL Draft Picks 14, 42, 43, 76, 108, 109, 161, 172, 204 (Draft on 6/28 and 6/29)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I remember thinking boldy had a sneaky good hockey IQ, but haven't watched much Minnesota and am curious to know if that holds up. Picked him in our 2019 draft poll, but think by the time it rolled around jame talked me into wanting Krebs lol

Either way, I want to draft guys who seem to know what to do with the puck before it's on their stick.
Boldy is extremely smart, and very skilled both as a puck handler, and passer. Also a vg shooter. Good skater...not fast, but has vg edges and is elusive. I didn't like him that much as a young prospect because he looked kind of sleepy, and was underwhelmed in his D+1 year(when BC tried to turn him into a C), and only slightly more impressed in the next year. Just saw a tall gawky guy who you could blow over, and often didn't need to as he would just fall down when playing against AHL'ers.

2-3 years later he has filled out, maybe even grown a bit more, and is, if not a power forward, then a big, skilled guy with great skill who can fend off checkers when he has the puck and win board battles due to the extra muscle he has put on. He is very, very, good. Still fiddles around with the puck a little bit, but that's what you get with creative players. The payoff is that he makes great seeing eye passes, has excellent handles, an is hard to contain due to his creative skating, and extendo arms. There are some similarities to Thompson.

I'm thrilled with his development, as a Wild fan. I don't know that he will be elite like Kaprizov, but he is a no doubt 1st liner, and likely will be for years, as he is just entering his prime(just turned 23 yo). Food for thought, though, Kaprizov wasn't even in the NHL at Boldy's age.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
I bet Montreal will take him because of the backlash they got last year. Which would make 5 his floor. I know that sounds silly…but man…has their pick been blasted for 11 and a half months and counting. If people see another skilled Russian perceived to be falling and they do it again?

I hope it happens

Reactions: SECRET SQUIRREL

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
I bet Montreal will take him because of the backlash they got last year. Which would make 5 his floor. I know that sounds silly…but man…has their pick been blasted for 11 and a half months and counting. If people see another skilled Russian perceived to be falling and they do it again?

I hope it happens
I'd bet on Columbus if Lindstrom wasn't there. Although Waddell likes to draft Russian guys.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY

11 Sabres Tij Ignila

The Sabres' prospect pool is loaded up front, but with none of the top defenders falling to No. 11, Buffalo opts for a physical, thrilling scorer. Iginla was one of the breakout players of the class with his 47-goal campaign in the WHL. He scored just six the season prior in a depth role.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018

Hard to believe

BuiltTagonTough

Stand still laddy!
Jul 2, 2009
Buffalo
Don't know if it's this group of prospects or if I just haven't studied them as much while finishing school this year but there's like a half dozen or more players I'd be fine with and relatively few that will make me want to break something in my near vicinity.

Or maybe I'm just getting old.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Don't know if it's this group of prospects or if I just haven't studied them as much while finishing school this year but there's like a half dozen or more players I'd be fine with and relatively few that will make me want to break something in my near vicinity.

Or maybe I'm just getting old.

Yes, it is because you are old. 😆

Seriously, though, there are plenty of solid players in and around that tier. They should be able to select someone who adds to their overall talent pool quality.

HOOats

born Ruffian
Nov 19, 2007
City of Buffalo
I would hate that for the kid. He is a throwback though, and violence seems like it is in demand now.
Why hate it for him? I don't think the difference in expectations between going 10 and 15 are so different.

Violence is in demand for sure. Mobile violence that can fluidly get to where that violence is called for...has me thinking about him at 11 tbh. He's getting mocked top 15 pretty consistently now.

Just trying to figure out who the surprise top 10 guy will be. Not sure if Sennecke qualifies anymore.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
So this is happening:

Attachments

• IMG_4939.png
    IMG_4939.png
    240.8 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_4939.png
    IMG_4939.png
    240.8 KB · Views: 5

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Why hate it for him? I don't think the difference in expectations between going 10 and 15 are so different.

Violence is in demand for sure. Mobile violence that can fluidly get to where that violence is called for...has me thinking about him at 11 tbh. He's getting mocked top 15 pretty consistently now.

Just trying to figure out who the surprise top 10 guy will be. Not sure if Sennecke qualifies anymore.

There are going to be folks who are upset he isn’t the point producer they expect (not the reality of draft picks, just the flak from people who aren’t aware enough of how players develop and produce).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad