GDT: 2024 NHL Draft (June 28 - June 29, Las Vegas Sphere)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

pman25

Aug 29, 2009
Richmond
Chicago should take Demidov but everyone has them going Levshunov. Demidov with Bedard would be tantalizing but I guess they don’t like fun

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
Demidov at 9 seems to be overthinking it a bit. I'd also be surprised if Catton goes quite that high. Hage over Eiserman for the Caps also kind of seems like overthinking it a bit. But if true that the Caps like Hage it's not a bad pick by any means. In some ways it's the more fluid, dynamic option all-around. But it would still be tough to pass on Eiserman's finishing even if much of the build-up areas are far weaker.

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
1719585602670.gif

The annual Simpsons gif has arrived

LesDiablesRouges

Feb 9, 2019
Demidov at 9 seems to be overthinking it a bit. I'd also be surprised if Catton goes quite that high. Hage over Eiserman for the Caps also kind of seems like overthinking it a bit. But if true that the Caps like Hage it's not a bad pick by any means. In some ways it's the more fluid, dynamic option all-around. But it would still be tough to pass on Eiserman's finishing even if much of the build-up areas are far weaker.
Any chance we move up for Demi if he falls? Not too long ago it felt like a no-brainer for Chicago to take him at 2. They should.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
I would give up considerable assets to come away from this draft with Buium or Parekh. They desperately need a dynamic offensive facilitator from the back-end. Very unlikely they're able to position themselves to do it but...when thinking about how best to upgrade the blueline that idea beats the vast majority IMO.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
I would give up considerable assets to come away from this draft with Buium or Parekh. They desperately need a dynamic offensive facilitator from the back-end. Very unlikely they're able to position themselves to do it but...when thinking about how best to upgrade the blueline that idea beats the vast majority IMO.
Me also…..love Parekh, I see special stuff there……..I just don’t see how it happens….

pman25

Aug 29, 2009
Richmond
My thought too, if Parekh or Buium fall, please find a way to move up!

Otherwise, grab an upside forward at 17 (Eiserman, Hage, Greentree) and pick some blue liners in the 2nd/3rd rounds

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014

The 2024 NHL Draft begins tonight at Sphere in Las Vegas, with Round 1 starting at 7 p.m. ET on ESPN and ESPN+. Rounds 2-7 will take place on Saturday and will air on NHL Network and ESPN+ at 11:30 a.m. ET.
The Capitals’ first selection in the 2024 NHL Draft is in the 1st Round, 17th overall. The Capitals hold the 17th overall pick for the sixth time in franchise history. Washington previously selected Kevin Hatcher (1984), Jason Allison (1993), Brad Church (1995), Jaroslav Svejkovsky (1996) and Boyd Gordon (2002) with the 17th pick. The five players combined to play 2,530 career NHL games and 1,220 games with Washington, led by Hatcher’s 1,157 career games and 685 games in a Capitals sweater. Hatcher’s 149 goals rank second in franchise history among defensemen, while his 277 assists and 426 points rank fourth. Notable players selected with the 17th overall pick in the last 12 NHL Drafts include Tomas Hertl (San Jose, 2012), Travis Sanheim (Philadelphia, 2014), Kyle Connor (Winnipeg, 2015), Dante Fabbro (Nashville, 2016) and Timothy Liljegren (Toronto, 2017).

Reactions: Ridley Simon

trick9

Jun 2, 2013

Watch Buium...He might go as early as 3 and at worst like 6-7.

Parekh would be costly but do-able. He seems likely option to fall out of top-10 if you look at the betting sites.

MW6

Oct 21, 2011
Umeå
Take this for what you want, but I asked chatGTP to research which journalist has been most accurate in their predictions on the 1st round the last 5 years and the result was that McKenzie has the best accuracy with avg. difference of 4.35 positions from the actual draft position. It also referred to Button and Pronman as somewhat accurate without me naming anyone.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad